Heroes & Castles (Foursaken Media) - ARPG/Strategy/Defense - Coming Jan 17!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Foursaken_Media, Oct 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tso5818

tso5818 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    iANiMeX's left ear
    +1 to this and I think I love you :D

2. Slizzam

Slizzam Active Member

May 8, 2012
    The guys over at foursaken are quite sexy.

3. tso5818

Sep 13, 2011
    iANiMeX's left ear
    I bet lol

4. Edrixx

Edrixx Active Member

Nov 8, 2011
    Game looks amazing. Awesome concept. The combat in the trailer looks a little slow paced though?

5. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

I wouldn't say its slow paced at all... its about as "actiony" as most existing brawlers, but probably more-so because of the sheer number of enemies you can fight in Heroes & Castles.

But I can see why you'd think that... the trailer doesn't show too much of actual melee combat - there's so much to the game that we felt like we had to show, we may have neglected it a bit!

6. Reikoma

Reikoma New Member

Oct 9, 2012
    The game looks really nice, and the combat mechanics seem pretty good to me as well. Somehow it reminds me of Mount and Blade for PC. However, I would like to know if the game will remain co-op or if you guys will later on implement pvp as well.

7. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

As of release it'll just be co-op. Pvp would be a big undertaking, but something that would definitely be awesome - we'll be looking at it, but it'll be partially dependent on the success of the game.

We will definitely offer content updates no matter the game's success though, fyi. It'll just be a ? mark for large updates like pvp.

8. tso5818

Sep 13, 2011
    iANiMeX's left ear
    Ok sorry for asking, when will this game be out? I'm going on a trip early December and won't be back till January. Want to play a great game to make time fly fast.

17hr drive to destination and back..

9. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

We're really trying to polish up just a few more things and have the game submitted by the end of this week or early next week. With Thanksgiving looming though, it'll be tough to anticipate just when it'll get approved. If for whatever reason it doesn't hit the App Store by the 2nd week of December, we might have to delay the release until January :( Unfortunately we can't afford to risk competing with the billion other high profile games that come out at the end of December...

That being said we're going to do everything we can to get Heroes & Castles out ASAP!

In other news, we can now 100% confirm compatibility with iPod Touch 4g and other similar "low gen" devices :)

10. jared9876

jared9876 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Dallas TX
    Any news??? Still can't wait!!

11. pylos

pylos Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2012
    Yes 4g :D seriously though how's the game coming along?

12. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

Its coming along great! No significant updates bc we've been working overtime to get this baby ready for release, and its been just polish and balance :D But I'll try to post some more screens soon...

As for submission, we're really close... Heroes & Castles has so many layers of depth that its taking a bit longer to balance than we anticipated... in the end though, we're just going to have to take the time we need to make sure game-play and polish level is perfect for release, even if that means delaying release by a bit :( But as big fans of RTS's and strategy games, we want to make sure game-play is actually strategic, and of course well balanced and fun.

13. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    That's all good!! I'd much prefer a game with lots of polish over a game rushed to be released soon! Take your time guys, it's your game! :D

14. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    #114 GodSon, Nov 30, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2012
    Also looking forward to playing it. If it's anything even remotely close to Bug Heroes, I see a lot of time invested in the near future sharing hints, tips, strategies, etc... :)

EDIT: This may have been asked before (sorry I'm a bit late to the party), but will there be a lot of diverse characters to choose from like in Bug Heroes?

15. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

We are definitely targeting the same audience as BH... Although Heroes & Castles probably has even more depth and strategy because of the addition of ally units, as well as castle defense and the action with your hero... we're really pleased at how seamless and "intuitive" the game has come out, despite all of that complexity.

As for characters, we hope to build the same type of setup as BH eventually had... we're starting with 3 characters (all completely different with their own specialties and play styles, from the singular damage oriented tank, to the unit buffing support hero, to the ranged, defensive minded hero - we always try hard to make sure you're really playing differently with different heroes, as was the case with BH), and would love to introduce more characters over time.

16. User58394

User58394 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Ooooh, I have a suggestion, if you ever do another game related to heroes and castles. Villains and Minions.

17. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009

Thanks, this game just shot to the top of my wishlist with that bit of info. :)

18. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

We already have some cool PvP ideas that would basically be just like that (attack vs defend type game-play) - won't even require a new game ;)

But depending on how well the game does, a single player, evil sided spin-off could indeed be very interesting...

Got to take it one step at a time though - have to get Heroes & Castles out first! :p

19. GR3NADE

GR3NADE Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2011
    Czech republic
    As for more upcoming characters: Will they be inapp as in BH?

20. Dannyz2000

Dannyz2000 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2010
    How much will this cost?