Heroes & Castles (Foursaken Media) - ARPG/Strategy/Defense - Coming Jan 17!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Foursaken_Media, Oct 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

#1 Foursaken_Media, Oct 18, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
    New Gameplay vid!

Heroes & Castles​

The Undead Horde and their Orc and Goblin allies are at your castle gates, the King is on the brink of death, and only you stand between the enemy and complete annihilation! Take to the battlefield with one of 3 powerful heroes, summon a huge army to fight beside you, fortify your defenses, and defend your castle in Heroes & Castles, a seamless blend of 3rd person Action-RPG, Strategy, and Castle Defense elements!

-----FEATURES-----

CASTLE DEFENSE, STRATEGY, AND ACTION-RPG GAMEPLAY!
    Take to the battlefield in an immersive 3rd person perspective, summon entire armies to fight beside you, and defend your castle to the death! Fight in the middle of a huge battle that you control!

UNIQUE, POWERFUL HEROES!
    Level up, learn new skills and abilities, find randomized Runes and loot, and destroy your enemies with one of 3 unique heroes!

SUMMON HUGE ARMIES TO FIGHT BESIDE YOU!
    Summon Dwarfs, Archers, Pikemen, Giants, Catapults, Mages and much more to aid you in your defense! Watch them battle the enemy right beside you!

BUILD AND UPGRADE YOUR CASTLE!
    Build Towers, upgrade your castle walls, build buildings to upgrade your units, and more!

2 PLAYER COOPERATIVE MULTIPLAYER!
    Team up with a random ally or one of your friends and compete in the GameCenter leader boards!

TONS OF ENEMIES TO BATTLE!
    Fight against dozens of enemies on screen at once, from hordes of the Undead, to Orcs, Goblins, Ghouls, Siege Wagons, Trolls, Catapults, Mummies, and more!

ADVANCED GRAPHICS AND TONS OF FEATURES!
    Incredible console quality graphics and lighting, iCloud saving, full iPhone 5 widescreen display support, and much more!

----------

Newest Screens!
    The game has come a LONG way since it was originally announced (as you can see below), and we're excited for it to hit the App Store sometime early January!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

----------original----------

Heroes & Castles
    A new game by Foursaken Media​

[​IMG]

It was a quiet day at first, your castle having already been fortified for the inevitable attack. The witches frantically prepared the rituals for more sacrifices, but it wouldn’t change the fact that your king is dying... that the Gate is weakening.

[​IMG]

In an instant and without warning, your castle is under siege and your walls are beginning to crack before your eyes. Your catapults unleash another barrage, shaking the very ground beneath you as they toss a dozen of the enemy in every direction… but they still march forward with no fear, for they are the very definition of fear itself...

[​IMG]

Across the burned, war torn plain the relentless horde of undead march. Skeletons rise from the ground. Necromancers unleash arcane magical attacks. Mummies and Tomb Lords ignore the musket shells and arrows ripping into their rotten flesh.

[​IMG]

Their sinister allies - the Orcs and Goblins - march alongside them. Giant Trolls battle towards your castle walls. Sacrificial goblins strapped with explosives forfeit their lives to destroy your castle. Orc Chieftains snarl at their soldiers, longing for battle… all of them want nothing more than for your castle to fall - and you with it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You call for more reinforcements. Your regiment of Pikemen has already been slaughtered - cut to ribbons by their heavy infantry - and your lone Captain valiantly fights to his death. A new surge of Peons rush into the carnage, but you know they are nothing more than a distraction - something to buy you time. Your allies - the towering Northland Giants - are not even enough to stop their never-ending hordes.

[​IMG]

Meanwhile the report of Dwarven musket fire and the volley or arrows from your wall guard are only temporarily reassuring... but you know it will take a miracle to survive this attack.

So with a heroic battle cry you charge into the fray, your ability and prowess worth that of a hundred ordinary men. With a renewed vigor, you declare that you will not let your castle fall this day!

----------

And with that, we would like to announce our newest title, Heroes & Castles, an action/RPG/strategy/RTS/castle defense hybrid! Whew - yes, it really is all of those things! :p

We'll be happy to answer questions, and we'll be releasing more details in the following days :) Make sure to bookmark this thread for updates!

2. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    HOLY CRAP. HOLY CRAP. HOLY CRAP.

This looks freakin' AMAZING!! But that's to be expected with any release from you guys!!! :D

3. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Wow... just wow...

4. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Haha this looks just too good!

5. master lee

master lee Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Greece kos island
    Wow looks awesome!

6. tso5818

tso5818 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    iANiMeX's left ear
    Looks stunning, can't wait to see more screenshots and maybe a gameplay teaser :).

7. araczynski

araczynski Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2009
    programmer
    omaha, ne
    hitching a ride on this thread, curious about a video as well.

8. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

Thanks guys :)

We're hoping to bring a really immersive experience with Castles and Heroes, with an intense "I'm in a huge battle" feeling that I don't think we've seen before on iOS! Its really something else to watch your giants charge into the front line of a horde of skeletons and smash them to pieces - while being right there in the fray beside them :D

9. Dragnoe

Dragnoe Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2012
    Wow, you guys never cease to impress me! Will there be a beta test? *cough* pick me *cough* ;)

10. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    ...Amazing, simply amazing.

11. Firetruck94

Firetruck94 Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2012
    on mars
    I have to have it now

12. hfhd574

hfhd574 Active Member

Jun 19, 2012
    It... It's beautiful. It's the strategy game I've always hoped for. Do u have a release date?

13. MightyRabbitJosh

MightyRabbitJosh Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2011
    Programmer and Designer at Mighty Rabbit Studios
    Holly Springs, NC
    You guys sure don't lose momentum - this is some awesome stuff.

14. Mhunt190

Mhunt190 Well-Known Member

May 27, 2012
    USA
    Can't wait to play!

15. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

Us too ;) No release date yet, but I'd say the game is about 80% done :eek: So we're really going to be pushing for a mid Nov to early Dec release.

Thanks guys! (looking forward to ep 3, btw).

16. Wilbair

Wilbair Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2009
    You guys will stay my favourite developers:D

17. pylos

pylos Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2012
    #17 pylos, Oct 19, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2012
    I saw 'by fours4aken' media and immediately subscribed to this thread. Please say iPod 4? ;)

18. scottyd2k9

scottyd2k9 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    Unemployed
    st helens (UK)
    OMG this looks amazing, this an NY zombies. Cant wait to play !

:cool:

19. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

Thanks! All these comments like those really means a lot to us :)

We still have a lot of optimizing and testing to do, but I'm fairly certain (99% sure) it will be compatible with iPod Touch 4 and other 256 mb devices. I'll get back to you for sure as we get closer to release.

20. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    You never slow down do you? Well, i love it. Any release from you guys are instabuy from me.