iPhone *Heroes Blade for Ipad Promo Give-Away Contest*

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by cro, Nov 19, 2010.

1. cro

cro Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2010
    Hey guys, i'm a developer for a new ipad game called Heroes Blade. (www.heroesblade.com) We have a Q&A/Discussion thread already on here, but this one is for a cool little promo we want to do for you guys.

Here are the rules! (admins, if this is against the rules or something, please let me know!)

I will give away 2 free promo codes here on Touch Arcade. The first of them will go to post #42 and the second will go to post #99.

The catch is, you must have at least 5 different people reply to the thread between your last post and a winning post! ;D (This contest will end on Saturday Nov 27th or after the 2nd promo code winner.)

i'll pm the 2 winners and get them their promo codes.

***Disclaimer - this contest will become null and void if the administration of touch arcade deems it to be so. the creators of Heroes Blade and the administration of Touch Arcade cannot be responsible for any lost or destroyed emails and/or information within those emails pertaining to this contest. all general and specific forum rules still apply to this contest thread and it may be halted or discontinued if the forum administration sees fit. thank you and good luck!!! :D***

Attached Files:

2. araczynski

araczynski Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2009
    programmer
    omaha, ne
    ...starting the ball rolling...

3. Daldaris

Daldaris Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2010
    Well, I would love try this game.

4. BlazeLee

BlazeLee Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2010
    singapore
    i do not quite get the rules but i would love to try the game too =]

5. CzarCastic

CzarCastic Well-Known Member

I predict that this thread will die at post #38. Nobody's going to want to post within the 5 posts leading up to #42. ;)

6. rogerchiu

rogerchiu Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Assistant Manager
    Hong Kong
    Totally agreed. I think random post # will be better for that.

7. Graz73

Graz73 Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2010
    Web Design, Graphics & Illustration
    Mansfield, OH
    I'm not sure I understand this contest, but count me in...

Nice promo art...

8. empyrium

empyrium New Member

Nov 5, 2010
    Heroes Blade is still broken with the latest 4.2.1 GM release. Totally unplayable it crashes 20 seconds in. Tried reinstall/hard reboot etc... read on the forums its a known issue. Hopefully they fix soon because I'd like to play it.

9. Finandir

Finandir Well-Known Member

May 7, 2010
    Well, here's my first post so that my later attempts qualify. :D The game looks intriguing and I'm already following it on AppShopper watching for updates and such.

I do agree about the problem with the rules. Who would want to post right before the winning numbers if it invalidates their attempts? Maybe you can change the rules to say it needs at least five messages after your first post in this thread instead of your last post?

10. Slaysme

Slaysme Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Ohio
    Eh, let's just get it done real quick! I'll post ......

11. cro

cro Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2010
    You would want to post close to the winning #'s because...

...i'm going to give away a 3rd and 4th promo code to ONE random person that posts within 4 posts of the two winning #'s. :D

(if you dont get what i mean, i'm going to give away a 3rd code to a random person that posts on #'s 41, 40, 39, 38 AND then a 4th code to a random person on #'s 98, 97, 96, 95)

that way you won't be "giving" up your turn if you reply within 4 posts of the 2 winning #'s. ;)

and yes, there was a person that said the game crashes on the latest version of Apples OS 4.2, BUT if you are still using the old version the game is fine, and we are currently working on a fix for the latest version of OS 4.2 that will be finished within our next update. anyone that knows about the game knows that we take care of any issues that we find asap. ;D good luck guys! and thanks for playing!!!

12. cro

cro Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2010
    BTW - you can post more than once. lol

:D (just not a bunch of times in a row) lol

13. Infamous97

Infamous97 Well-Known Member

I want a promo but not sure how ot win one though

14. quebecotr

quebecotr Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    Teacher
    Milwaukee, WI
    How to win

The dev offered the codes to specific post numbers. Just look at the very first message in the thread, and you'll see which ones you'll need to shoot for. good luck ! :)

I'll be trying for it myself later, too, as a lot of people will also, I'm sure.

15. cro

cro Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2010
    Hey Infamous97!

I'll explain one more time so ppl scrolling thru will see how to win. ;D

If your post is #42 you will win a free promo code for Heroes Blade, the only catch is that if you already posted within 4 spots of post 42, you cannot win it. HOWEVER i'm going to give away one more promo code to a random person that posted on #'s 41, 40, 39 and 38. the catch with those 4 numbers is that they will not be eligible for winning the free promo code on post #42. ;D

see how it works?

the same rules will apply for post #99. post #99 will win a free promo code and one person that posted on a random # between 98, 97, 96 and 95.

if anyone has any other questions please let me know! remember that every time i answer a question the winning post gets even closer!!

16. nremondelli

nremondelli Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2009
    This has to be the worst idea ever. Did that enter me?

17. cro

cro Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2010
    er... sort of?

you still have to get the right #. :D lol

18. Bungie.net

Bungie.net Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2009
    Washington
    This might take a while.....

19. quebecotr

quebecotr Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    Teacher
    Milwaukee, WI
    One more post to get us moving towards the correct number ! Anyone else want to jump in and get this moving a little faster ?

20. hsthompson

hsthompson Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2010
    Okay, tip tip tap, here's another entry :)