Universal Heroes and Castles - (by Foursaken Media)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jan 16, 2013.

1. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Have you seen Lord of the Rings?

2. Evilkarma

Evilkarma Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2011
    Canada
    #5582 Evilkarma, Mar 16, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2014
    What's a strategy for trolls?
    And what are Iron Helms good for?
    And how much extra damage is critical? 2x?

3. GR3NADE

GR3NADE Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2011
    Czech republic
    Critical attack depends on hero. Some heroes have basic attacks that hits single enemy and critical attack deals AOE damage (engineer)

4. Dr_joey

Dr_joey Member

Jun 1, 2013
    Railroad president
    Spokane wa
    Runes

Nyetek. I use the economic focus on almost all of my decisions. From how to level up a hero to what I build. And yes it gets hard to quantify some as to effectiveness. But when In doubt go with your gut. I hear so much talk about how to have the most bad ass hero. I think the hero that contributes the most to the battle is the best not the one who has the most damage. Just remember the economics. Just ask yourself how many games ended when you still had gold reserves?

5. brothamannp11911

brothamannp11911 Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2011
    All of these conversations on the H&C forum...sure must mean there is an audience... For a sequel!

:D

Foursaken could milk these franchises for a couple of sequels each... I almost do not play any other games on my ipad, seriously..

6. Evilkarma

Dec 20, 2011
    Canada
    Assassin

7. Evilkarma

Dec 20, 2011
    Canada
    Are Iron Helms any good? I've basically never used them before.

And is it just me or do Hunters seem pretty necessary?

This is for multiplayer I mean.

8. Myndflame

Myndflame Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    Iron Helms are pretty good, but only against the cannon fodder enemies unless you have them upgraded. Even then, against a Wraith, the helms get wrecked in the face anyway.

For scratch-free wins, basically yes. Hunters target the longest ranged enemy without leaving the walls, which is quite nice. But they are prime targets for anything, so they are at a large disadvantage against... anything else, basically.

I wouldn't consider them 'necessary,' per sé, but they do get a huge load of work out of your hands, and in missions, or against opponents who love to use long range units, then there is where they become indispensable.
    As always, upgrading just makes the benefit even better.

9. Evilkarma

Dec 20, 2011
    Canada
    I've noticed in any coop match, if I put out about 4-6 fully upgraded Hunter units the wave breaks much earlier. Sure eventually they get wrecked but during the first 3 waves or so they seem to make it easier.

10. Evilkarma

Dec 20, 2011
    Canada
    Also, what are some strategies to getting over that hump in coop? We would dominate the first 10 minutes and actually wait on enemies to spawn, both max gold, every building built, but there is always that wave that comes fast and furious and we just get overrun. Is it pretty much over at that point? Does anyone actually recover from those?

What's a good setup before that happens as well? When enemies spawn and they just die instantly. Because it seems if the setup you have in play at that time isn't good enough then once that big wave comes it's hard to recover.

Usually I would have something like 2 giants, 2 red wizards, 3 pikemen, 1 captain, 1 tank, 1 cleric (or another class unit), maybe 4 hunters, 1 catapult, 1 blunderbuss. wall units would be a longbeard, rest riflemen and blue wizards.

11. Dr_joey

Dr_joey Member

Jun 1, 2013
    Railroad president
    Spokane wa
    Defense

Well I use only one line up for Hinton. Usually have 8 catapults. 3 giants or maybe 2 giants and a cleric. After 45 min I go with 11 catapults one giant.

12. Evilkarma

Dec 20, 2011
    Canada
    Who would the partner be? Some heroes are quite useless in this strat. Like Engineer. I like Assassin + Paladin.

Speaking of Paladin. I'm having a hard time figuring out where to allocate my skill points. Level 43 now.

509 HP, 70 damage, 20 armor, 12.4s run, 47% critical. I'm thinking go for HP?

13. Dr_joey

Dr_joey Member

Jun 1, 2013
    Railroad president
    Spokane wa
    Partner

Well I only have had two combos go very deep In a coop game. Those being vet/pally and archer/pally. The rest just suffer from the big problem; ability to kill catapults late in the game. The archers long range works the best but the vet ability to take damage also works well. I don't think I have had any other combos last longer then 55 min on Hinton and 45 min on corte.

14. gamer300

gamer300 Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2014
    Europe
    I don't know how old this game is currently, but frankly i don't care. After playing the free version of this alot, i decided to buy the game just to support the devs. This game sure is awesome.

15. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Glad to see people are still discovering and buying this game

16. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    +1. I still like this more than BH2, but both are never leaving my device.

17. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    I'm in the same boat

18. Dr_joey

Dr_joey Member

Jun 1, 2013
    Railroad president
    Spokane wa
    Bad asses

Hey for those of you that did not see it. Ivan and makoomba pulled off one hour and 27 min on coop. My hat is off to both of them. Real bad asses

19. Myndflame

Myndflame Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    Damn. That's one hell of a coop run. I consider that quite amazing, even though I can pull out an hour by myself.

20. CobrasMano

CobrasMano Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2014
    [​IMG]

Ranger and assassin brought us there. As strategy with assassin I focused on taking out mages, wraiths and archers. Whilst Makoomba as ranger focused on catapults, obviously, as well as slowing down trolls. Unit set up was few giants and rest catapults. 4 mortars. I used 2hp sec / 1 gold sec rune.

After 1 hour, mummys got really strong armor and we had to swich to balistas, since they can pierce armor. A wraith dealt 999 damage to me, killing me with 1 hit. I noticed less enemies on the field at such time, but nightmarishly strong! Just a single mistake and you are done!

Thanks Stan for your game tips as they helped to understand better how to deal with the game :) We'll try to break into the hour soon hopefully :p