Universal Heroes and Castles - (by Foursaken Media)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Evilkarma

Evilkarma Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2011
    Canada

LOL you weren't kidding. 5 minutes was all it took. Before I would have an army of skeletons or whatever and a couple Pikemen just raped them, but one Orc massacred them all, OP haha, thanks for the tip lol any other methods?

2. Myndflame

Myndflame Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    Not really. That's the only one I know right off the top of my head.
    Mummy Lord is another easy class to use. Just be mindful he is rather slow in both movement and attacking. He does have good damage, though.

You also have to be careful with armored enemies, because unlike the Skeleton Warrior, the Mummy Lord has no armor piercing upgrades, afaik.

3. Psifertex

Psifertex Member

Jun 27, 2010
    Anybody notice a change with starting gold in the latest update? Not sure whether it was a bug score or a bug now, but the game just got a /ton/ hard. I was previously starting with a few hundred gold and now it's back to 100. I assumed the increase was due to leveling up a bunch of the characters, but maybe it was a glitch that is now fixed? In which case I have to relearn how to play because it's much harder!

4. Evilkarma

Dec 20, 2011
    Canada
    Since when was it a few hundred? I started playing before the update and it was always 100

5. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    It changes depending on runes and hero skills

6. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    What I do to beat siege is go goblin shaman, get some dark making guys, some skill the shaman has that boosts goblin/Orc health, and spam orcs. I also get a goblin drummer I think

7. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Yeah the bug was pretty major and would affect players based on their runes. Basically the rune effect would keep stacking, so some may end up starting with a few hundred extra gold... some player had all their units cost 1 gold (in-game), etc.

8. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Foursaken is there ANY chance we'll get one more content update for H&C? Or is it the way you want it to be

9. Evilkarma

Dec 20, 2011
    Canada
    I'd like to know too lol

10. Evilkarma

Dec 20, 2011
    Canada
    Are wizards and heroes the only way to kill wraiths? How do you deal with waves of them?

11. Piph

Piph Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2012
    I know this may seem like a dumb question, but where is my character's health bar in the game's UI? I'm looking all over and for the life of me I don't see it.

12. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Should be a green bar in the top left corner

13. Raginbird

Raginbird Active Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Thanks for getting the fix out, gold and costs are back to normal. Any chance we can have a reset leaderboard now?

14. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Ehhh probably won't happen

15. Evilkarma

Dec 20, 2011
    Canada
    Just played an online coop match. Lasted 20 minutes. I was only a level 27 Paladin but my partner was like a 75 Assassin. Seems like a pretty good combo, Assassin runs around and Paladin stays with troops. It was a weird game though. Through maybe 15 or so minutes of it, it was boring almost, anything that spawned were instadead. And then one wave comes and we get raped. Shouldn't everything be progressively more difficult instead?

16. Evilkarma

Dec 20, 2011
    Canada
    Finally got a legendary rune.

+1 income
    +20 damage

Can someone explain to me what's so good about this? +1 income is basically a gold mine no? So I'm saving basically like 90 gold. Which is probably worse than a -12% building cost no?

17. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    ^IMO +1 income is one of the best rune effects in the game. It works from the get go meaning you can crank everything out faster.

18. Evilkarma

Dec 20, 2011
    Canada
    doesn't make sense to me. +1 is basically an extra gold mine. at most it's worth 120 gold, and you wouldn't even buy up to that level in the beginning anyway. not sure how it's worth more than -12% building cost =/

I just crafted a +1 gold income and +1 HP/sec as well, this I'll keep, though I'm not sure what to use it with.

19. GR3NADE

GR3NADE Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2011
    Czech republic
    You should keep everything becouse if you keep a bad rune, you won't get it again. I liked +gold -units cost rune and for engineer +gold -building cost was absolutely awesome.

I see you're complaining about the gold rune.. It is a gold mine which can't be destroyed and keeps your gold mines closer (behind the walls) to your castle

20. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Up to you. It's your playstyle if you dont want to use +1 income runes.

But all i can say is that it's an ADDITIONAL (because the word extra makes it sound worthless) goldmine, and it is useful for both units and buildings, it is a permanent golmine that cannot be destroyed, and resource is one of the best things in this game, that is why you like the -% runes.

-12% building cost is only useful when starting out. When you have fullhouse, it is basically a non-factor.

Gold+ on the other hand is useful all throughout the game, helps you early on by giving you faster gold income, then later on helps you further by still generating extra gold for units or even healing potions.

The safe number of goldmines is 4 or 5, and having an extra 25% to 20% of that income provided by the Gold+ rune is not to be ignored.