Universal Heroes and Castles 2 (by Foursaken Media)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, May 13, 2015.

1. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Man, always SO nervous at launch... A lot pressure putting out a sequel to a game like H&C, but this is closer to the vision that we always had for this franchise. Eager to hear what people think! As always, I'll be around monitoring the thread so let us know about any and all issues!

2. Sambobsung

Sambobsung Well-Known Member

May 19, 2012
    Male
    Canada
    And so it begins. Countless hours of slaying hordes has begun.

3. ashmike3

ashmike3 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    Bought. $2 is really an easy decision on this one.

4. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    15 pages and no rating? Come on guys

5. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    You'd have been downright creepy and alien if you were not ;)

That said, beta impressions has this pegged from best Foursaken title so far, best game of 2015, game of the month, all the way to GotY 2015. I've never seen such a reception already in beta (and as you might recall from my beta application, the list of betas I've been in is looooong ;) ). I find it hard to think that this would not translate into stellar reviews, that strange video review and the obligatory downputting Pocket Tactics* review nothwithstanding :)

* Luv the site. Truly. But Owen does have a thing for not having a thing for Foursaken games.

6. luckystrikeguy

luckystrikeguy Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2013
    Finally. Had a blast in beta. Everyone get this it's easily the best 2 dollars spent ever! This game engulfes everything a deep mobile game should be and on top of that its freakin gorgeous. Wanna play it for ten minutes on the John at work ? Cool ! Wanna have a 4 hour pow wow ? Yep you can do that to and feel like you kicked some major goblin ass.

7. deekins77

deekins77 Member

Apr 26, 2015
    I just noticed after buying that there is IAP. What's the deal with that

8. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    INSTA. What an insane day. Pen & pap 2, H&C

Two premium, beautiful experiences. Will leave imps in the AM.

9. luckystrikeguy

luckystrikeguy Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2013
    Its basically like cheating and not needed as everything can be earned by playing the game. It never feels like grinding because everything you do has a purpose and progresses you further along.

10. Samurix16

Samurix16 Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    Male
    USA
    Does this game run well on iPod 5th gen?

11. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Yes. This is not just shady devs defending their dubiously priced product. The campaign can be conquered without a single IAP expenditure, and the whole experience is balanced for no IAP purchases. On that, there is both the promise of Foursaken (which does carry weight), and the experience of those of us in the beta. (While I head plenty exclamations as to the non-essential nature of the IAP, I never saw a single complaint.)

Do not that the game is difficult, and intended to be. The focus is on carefully planned strategy. But there are mechanisms in place to aid if the going gets too tough, so it is hard (if not impossible) to get stuck.

12. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
  13. brothamannp11911

brothamannp11911 Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2011
    Guys....

My saved game from Beta loaded up fine :eek:

14. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Holy crap this game is awesome! How do you get different classes? Just put a point into Paladin?

15. Spartyfan6262

Spartyfan6262 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2015
    What is the difficulty level like? I loved the first one but stopped playing because it got too hard for me to progress.

16. Power Gamer

Power Gamer Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Just a quick question regarding the purchase of the app: When I tried to buy it (in an EU app store), a window popped up saying "I acknowledge that if I download this app within fourteen days of tapping 'Buy', I will not no longer be eligible to cancel this purchase." I'm not saying I wanted to return this particular app, but I thought only blacklisted users who abused the app return system are getting such a message (I returned only 1 app so far...). Has this been changed? Or did the developers somehow opt out? A quick google sarch didn't bring up anything new. Pardon me if it's just me who has this problem.

17. jared9876

jared9876 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Dallas TX
    Its hard. The main missions are set-up so that if you fail many times, there is a help that comes and will help you beat the level BUT it will cost you some of the currency. This is a foursaken game and it is hard but is made that way on purpose! You will have fun anyway. Trust me!

18. brothamannp11911

brothamannp11911 Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2011
    Yep! Then you can build across Skillsets, too, some Paladin, some knight, etc.

19. ashmike3

ashmike3 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    So far, as good as advertised. Challenging, but the genre mashup is compelling. I want to be powerful. Just got upset with my wife for asking me to get her some wine while I was defending the castle, so.....I'm in trouble, but still playing.

20. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    So did mine!

Goty goty

Peter is so incredibly incompetent that it pains me. His hands on videos are absolute tortune to watch and his opinions are outrageously naive