Universal Heroes and Castles 2 (by Foursaken Media)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, May 13, 2015.

1. Only $2? Any IAP? Because that's cheap!
    Never played the original, but may have to give this one a go.

2. jared9876

jared9876 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Dallas TX
    There is IAP but you don't need it and it's there if you want to get through the game faster! (If you are bad, like me) The first game is my favorite IOS game of all time and this might surpass it! Give it a go, it's amazing

3. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Is there any game ever where fans and devs don't say "you don't need the iAP, it's just for progressing faster"? I remember hearing the same during Bug Heroes 2 and that game was a grind and half. You could grind for weeks and have maybe a few character unlocks to show for it.

4. brothamannp11911

brothamannp11911 Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2011
    This time its...

"TO BATTLE!!!! *WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA*

You'll see what the waaaa means when you get it lol

5. gamer300

gamer300 Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2014
    Europe
    #85 gamer300, May 13, 2015
    Last edited: May 13, 2015
    Just 2 hours and a half left for me! Super excited for this game.

I haven't played Bug Heroes 2 that much, as i enjoyed heroes and castles far more. But because i enjoyed H&C so much more, levels flew by for me and thus i was earning enough crystals for everything. I haven't played this version yet though, so i can't speak for it but i've heard great things.

6. jared9876

jared9876 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Dallas TX
    Ok true, Bug Heroes 2 did have a grind to it. Here you are always doing something to pass the time and earning crystals along the way. Each character costs 10 crystals but there are only 3 types of races to buy then you level them up making them how you want! There is a grind if you want to go and level your heroes up to match with your older heroes. This game is less arcade style like Bug heroes and more like a campaign so that does make a difference

7. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Im a little disappointed couldnt continue with my savefile, but im ok with starting over. This could be a possbile bug though. I have about 7 or 8 characters, 4 of which are 25 and up iirc. Having that many in the roster may be the cause of the crashes when loading a save from the cloud. Then again, it could be just beta files not in sync with the release version.

8. "Always doing something to pass the time" -- what does that mean? Timers? And is there more than one type of currency?

9. Elsa

Elsa Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2015
    Arendelle
    #89 Elsa, May 13, 2015
    Lmao... how the hell did you jump to that conclusion? He simply meant that there is always something interesting to do, so it doesn't feel like a grind.

One currency.

10. Ok, good to know. :) Usually if you need to do something else to "pass the time," it means you can't do what you really want to be doing in the game.

11. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    I'm still going to pick this up when it comes to US, but I can't help but feel the TA community is going to pull another BH2 and forget about this game by the end of the year.

12. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    #92 Exact-Psience, May 13, 2015
    There is "ingame world time" which moves forward 1 day after each successful mission. Every few missions some of the lands you conquer will provide you with currency. When a land is going to be attacked, a number will be displayed to show how many "days" you have to defend that area or you'll lose control over it and lose the bonus the land provides. If ever that happens you can always claim the land back.

Works really well.

Nothing here is tied to any hint of freemium whatsoever. NOTHING.

13. brothamannp11911

Aug 6, 2011
    Oh well. I liked the weapons I'd gathered mostly (a repeater rifle, a killer looking Scythe) so I'll just buy the game, buy some diamond packs and just craft a ton of weapons with them. I like how the game is paced for unit upgrades so no need to upgrade those too fast,,

I look forward to playing through it again! ;)

14. geno11233

geno11233 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Woah, is that how we answer questions here at TA?
    He was simply curious like all of us who haven't played the beta.

15. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Hahaha... that's not even offensive at all. Dont you talk like that with your friends? :D

16. geno11233

Nov 29, 2013
    Oh yeah. Way worse then that to my close friends haha
    I still can't believe I haven't even read one bad thing about this game so far besides the beta version doesn't transfer over

17. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    It did transfer on mine, and i was able to play a round, but i couldnt open the menu where you can customize your character. So yeah, that's pretty bad considering the amount of progress i have made.

But as i said, im a little disappointed, but doesnt mean im not willing to start over. :)

18. geno11233

Nov 29, 2013
    I would be pretty disappointed too. From the sounds of it the campaign seems crazy long though :)
    And roughly how many different kinds of weapons are there? Just looking for a guess/estimate. I'm way too excited to play this damn game haha

19. Elsa

Elsa Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2015
    Arendelle
    #99 Elsa, May 13, 2015
    I have no friends in real life, so I don't have a frame of reference [​IMG]

I never intend to be offensive in my forum posts though.

Peter is apparently not impressed by this game. He recieved a fair amount of hate in the comments though.

20. brothamannp11911

Aug 6, 2011
    Hundreds of different weapons armors and shields.. as well as runes...