Universal Heroes and Castles 2 (by Foursaken Media)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, May 13, 2015.

1. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

I think enough people have now said something, so we'll update the run animation in the first update. Its supposed to be more like a "battle ready charge into combat" with shoulder forward and sword at the ready, but I guess it doesn't come off as that :p We'll make it more traditional.

Any circumstances behind the crash, ie was it during, or after a battle? Did you adjust any graphics settings? Are all other background apps closed? Thanks in advance.

2. Sexy Pirate

Sexy Pirate Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2014
    Call centre / Parent
    Newcastle England
    Oh man midnight UK time can't come soon enough :D

3. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    I see the trademark Foursaken walking animation is still in there. I'll probably give this a go after the first round of impressions comes in.

4. Elsa

Elsa Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2015
    Arendelle
    Only the leg movement is weird.

5. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Huh... I didnt delete the beta version, and surprisingly, when i purchase this release version it overwrote the beta version. For other apps i have beta tested it usually creates a new app.

Nonetheless, just a few more minutes so i can play again! w00t!

6. Stevencarla

Stevencarla Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2011
    HONG KONG
    this might be a little bit stupid to ask...but how do you save your progress? thanks

7. Elsa

Elsa Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2015
    Arendelle
    It saves automatically.

8. iAjent

iAjent Active Member

Dec 12, 2011
    Employed (I can't tell you what I do, it's a secre
    Greater Manchester, UK
    #68 iAjent, May 13, 2015
    Last edited: May 13, 2015
    MFi support ? Awesome. This just went from 'will probably buy at some point' to an absolute insta-buy !

9. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    #69 Ayjona, May 13, 2015
    This will probably be lost in the (rightful) torrent, so I'm going to have to pimp this a few times down the threaded road, but:

So I did that thing I sometimes do with Foursaken games, and created a wiki for Heroes & Castles 2. The game is certainly deep and broad enough to warrant a centralized, dedicated source of gameplay info and discussion, with capabilities beyond a TA thread.

Given that the game has only been out for hours, and you'll be playing for days before looking up from your device, there is only a basic structure in place, a forum, some navbar customization, and a few other semi-functional features.

But no content. And this is where you fellas come in :)

Here it be, the Heroes & Castles 2 wiki.

A few notes:

Please read the Talk section of the main page (little button labelled 'Talk' near the top of the page, below the nav bar), for some basic editing advice and wikia practice and netiquette.

If yer new to the still surprisingly non-user-friendly world of wikis and Wikia, check the talk page as well, for some links to basic editing and contribution help.

Tweaks to the graphical profile the wiki are very welcome (perhaps especially the background, logos, and replacing the wiki content meny on the front page with cheerful icons). If no one more graphically talented steps up, I will eventually see to it myself ;)

Come one, come all. And holler if you feel particularly active and edit-ive, and I'll throw admin privilegies at ya (bundles with the weight of the world and terrible, harrowing burdens).

@Foursaken Media: are there any H&C2-related artwork I might use for the wiki? A logo to replace the drab text in the upper left hand corner, in particular, would be a nice boost in wikisexiness.

10. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Hmm... App crashes when i hit the Heroes button. Will delete and reinstall. Might br caused by the overwriting of the beta version which may have some incompatibilities.

11. lilgac

lilgac Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2013
    Arh...ok thanks!
    Defense strategy games doesn't like me that much... But maybe this will change for me.. Will wait for some more vids.
    But it seems there's a sense of a nice growing paid/ premium well designed games/ports lately. Nice

12. Opheus

Opheus Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2014
    #72 Opheus, May 13, 2015
    Most of the crashes occurred after a battle, I don't lost my progress just annoying. I didn't adjust anything in the option menus. After reading ur post, I went ahead and lower everything to low. The crashes did occur less but they still happen occasionally. Should I delete and reinstall the app ?

Edit: the crashes have gotten a bit ridiculous. I literally crash right after every battle, all of my setting is still low. Please investigate this issue asap.

13. brothamannp11911

brothamannp11911 Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2011
    Did you download your I cloud successfully? :D

14. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    #74 Exact-Psience, May 13, 2015
    After reinstalling, i downloaded from icloud successfully, and then i tried opening the heroes menu again, and crash.

EDIT: Ok i played one mission with a relatively new hammer dwarf successfully which was my last opened character back in beta. After the mission, i still cant open the heroes menu without crashing back to springboard.

15. Shan82

Shan82 Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2012
    Songwriter.
    USA
    I loved the first game and I can't wait to get this later! :)

16. pauldavidmerritt

pauldavidmerritt Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2012
    Male
    Ultrasound reporting systems
    East Rutherford NJ
    It's absolutely true. I've stated in another forum how everyone should pay attention to near future premium releases. They're coming in bulk. Gamers are getting tired of the marketing scam releases--they leave a bad stench. Now, developers are changing how they smell. Here come the hardcore premium game-makers. Get ready for AWESOME.

17. jared9876

jared9876 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Dallas TX
    If it helps at all, I am not a big fan of strategy games but this might be one the best games I have ever played! It's 2 dollars go at least try it ouut

18. sinagog

sinagog Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2014
    #78 sinagog, May 13, 2015
    I remember being absolutely naff at the original (Foursaken games are universally great, but haaaard!). Is it possible to compensate for my innate ineptitude with a spot of old-fashioned grinding? Also, how does the difficulty compare to the original? I think I was going through one of those overloaded back catalogue phases at the time and didn't give it the effort it deserved when it spiked beyond my skill range. (Despite being the son of actual jugglers, I've never been all that hot at juggling too many different things in defence games).

19. geno11233

geno11233 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Omgomgomgomg omg finally it's here!!!!

20. bigred447uk

bigred447uk Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    We are under siege Sire!
    The castle is under attack!
    They are at our gates Lord!

My g/f just had a go at me for booting up the first one. Those dudes battle reporting really got on her wick back in 2013. I played too many hours back then.

Let's hope our relationship is strong enough to withstand H&C2 for the next few months!