Universal Heroes and Castles 2 (by Foursaken Media)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, May 13, 2015.

1. rkumaran

rkumaran Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2015
    I rarely get any legendary weapons in arena. I usually get armor and now I just have a bunch of unused legendary armor. I would sell for 3 gems or something, if possible but sadly it sells for one.

2. pottersmash

pottersmash Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2011
    cant wait to play the NG+ update, but word is the update won't come to android for a few months. never seen such a huge gap in updates before between the two platforms for this game.

3. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    A priority likely driven by the huge gap in revenue opportunities between the two platforms.

(Not a comment on the technical merits of either platform, but I really can't blame developers for prioritizing iOS after the past years' market reports on investment returns for iOS vs. Android. It was a year since I last read one, though, so it is possible circumstances have changed since then!)

4. pottersmash

Mar 3, 2011
    Yea, it's pretty clear with many of the paid games that iOS does much better with revenue. I'm just surprised because other android updates for HAC have been before or right around the same time as iOS. Every game I play that is cross platform gets updates simultaneously, not months apart. I just need to ignore that this game exists for awhile until I get the update someday ;)

5. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Heh, didn't know that about Foursaken games (I only game on iOS currently). That's impressive (well, apart from that ONE game we now ignore. Which thread are we writing in, again? ;)), but I suppose I shouldn't be surprised, what with the work ethos of these guys.

(But then again, when every kind of dev, from two-head teams to Obsidian, can do concurrent rollouts for iOS and Android, perhaps revenue discrepancies doesn't really drive that particular process.)

6. pottersmash

Mar 3, 2011
    Yea I can't complain really, they are still updating a game that is $2. If these large updates were paid DLC I'd buy them in a heartbeat. I'm just anxious to test out the new gear and mostly look forward to using my other heroes in game as I have six lvl 99's I want to use.

7. Tikanderoga

Tikanderoga Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2012
    IT Sys Admin
    Lismore
    Same.
    One thing I do: play 2-3 levels, forfeit and claim some crappy item. Who cares what it is, you want to sell it anyway.

8. G-money

G-money Active Member

May 15, 2016
    A few things- goblins still look weird. Saw this in arena and in the campaign. Also, would really like it if some of the weaker skills were made more in line with the stronger skills. Would also be great if there was a way back to the regular game so I'm not always stuck in new game + ( or in my case, +2). Wish godly equipment could be found in arena in new game + as well.

9. pottersmash

Mar 3, 2011
    Did you happen to test endless when you finished NG+? And if so were you able to summon your other heroes in that mode now after the update?

10. G-money

G-money Active Member

May 15, 2016
    Went straight from +1 to +2, sorry. There's no reason you shouldn't be able to summon your heroes, so I would guess you could in endless. Has anyone done endless in a new game + yet? Wondering if the bonus damage and increased enemy stats still apply in that mode. I really don't know how endless works anymore.

11. pottersmash

Mar 3, 2011
    Did the Arena enemies get harder with NG+? If not its possible that endless is unaffected by NG+ as well.

12. G-money

G-money Active Member

May 15, 2016
    Arena is the same, so endless should be too, I think. Otherwise times for endless would be all messed up if enemies were stronger for some players.

13. Tikanderoga

Tikanderoga Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2012
    IT Sys Admin
    Lismore
    I reckon the godly and legendary stuff should sell for more than 1 crystal. That would make grinding Arena more worth it.

14. rkumaran

Nov 27, 2015
    Yeah kind of how the first game works. But also gems are much easily earned in this game so I guess selling stuff for one gem is pretty balanced.

15. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Since crafting costs 3/5 crystals but the rarity of items produced scales with level*, all items likely sell for 1 crystal to prevent escalating returns.

*Unless costs begin to scale on higher levels as of yet out of my reach :)

16. rkumaran

Nov 27, 2015
    So it has been a decent amount of time since the update and I am sure people got godly equipments. What stats did those equipments have? Thanks!

17. G-money

G-money Active Member

May 15, 2016
    I really haven't found anything that amazing... Just 50% poison chance, some heavy blow stuff, the occasional wide angle attack on a rune or amor. The only thing I've kept is a 25 dmg 40% crit sword. To me, godly equipment seems a bit underwhelming, considering it is far easier for any of my heroes to die in game + than in the normal game, and godly equipment hasn't made a difference.

18. G-money

G-money Active Member

May 15, 2016
    If anyone is still on this forum, I am wondering if anyone has gotten past wave 35 in new game +2 or above. I am on attempt 5 and it seems impossible. 2 unlucky sniper shots and my knight is dead; this has happened every time.

19. rkumaran

Nov 27, 2015
    Sorry I have been checking everyday to see if there is anything new, until today I saw nothing XD. I have not tried the new mode, because I am kind of scared of my hero being too weak to fight, and then you know how things end. I am probably going to have to stock up on crystal before I play the levels. I would just keep doing arena mode, quitting after 3 or 4, and get the crystal. Then repeat the process. It should give you enough crystals to use on your units. And this should maybe help you in wave 35. Hope it helps.

20. pottersmash

Mar 3, 2011
    android updated! woop woop. I havent gotten to endless yet, only at wave 36 NG1, but i checked multiplayer and you cannot summon your other heroes there. hopefully it gets added soon as that was my favorite part of the new update as well as the friend i play with.