Universal Heroes and Castles 2 (by Foursaken Media)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, May 13, 2015.

1. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Now, if there was just a way to get rid of the starter equipment that mocks our inventories with their stubborn perpetuality...

And Foursaken titles don't even need massive and massively generous infusions of content one year after release to keep their threads alive.

2. rkumaran

rkumaran Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2015
    Hahaha It will be for a long time.

3. Dark Knight 66

Mar 22, 2015
    I am curios about the new level cap for New Game Plus. My knight just capped at level 115 for my first round of new game + and I'm wondering, does the level cap increase more with each time you do New Game +?

4. rkumaran

Nov 27, 2015
    Yeah I believe it increases 15+ levels for each hero at every game mode.

5. marcus76

marcus76 Active Member

May 14, 2015
    Can we get godly stuff from arena ?

I reached round 24 but got only legendary

6. rkumaran

Nov 27, 2015
    I was just wondering about that. I am not sure. Btw how do you get that far into the arena? What hero do you use? I use a knight and spam juggenut three times to kill all the enemy, but into the later levels Iike 14 get overwhelmed. RIP

7. pottersmash

pottersmash Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2011
    scythes arent nearly as damage efficient though since you are going to do more damage than necessary for kills very often, especially on crits. The only time the damage per second comes into play is extremely high HP enemies. Might actually be more viable with the new game plus mode though.

8. pottersmash

pottersmash Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2011
    "Summon your other heroes to the battlefield to fight alongside you!"

A few questions about the above addition:
    1. Are the summoned heroes affected by their specializations and do they use abilities/spells? Or is it just the weapon + level + equipment than matters?

2. Can you summon the heroes in Endless and/or Multiplayer?

9. SSoG

SSoG Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2011
    If you're one-shotting mooks, it's true you're wasting some damage. But on the other hand, if you're 1-shotting mooks, attack speed doesn't matter all that much, anyway, either. Unless you're *really* getting mobbed. But yeah, DPS builds are really built to handle the biggest monsters in the game more than the random trash mobs.

This is fine, though, since most classes should be specializing against certain types of enemies and recruiting allies to cover their weaknesses, anyway.

For instance, a green dagger / warlock blast Elf is going to absolutely rip through crowds of skeletons and goblins, but he's going to deal less damage to bigger game like trolls and mummies. So I'll compliment him with wall units like Elven Snipers. On the other hand, a dual-scythe elf is pretty much a dedicated Boss-killer, so I might stock my walls more with Elven Archers, Riflemen, or even garden-variety archers to clear out the riffraff.

A Warlock Blast Grandmaster is also fantastic at ripping apart Physical-immune monsters, but can really bog down against magical-immune ones, especially if you're not speccing for weapon damage at all: those damn Cultists are a huge pain. So skip the Wood Elf Warriors and rely on Pikemen instead. (Or, better yet, Dwarven Miners.)

(The reverse is not the case for weapon focused GMs like our hypothetical dual-scythe wielder: five points in Cleave gives us a 50% chance to deal full damage even to physical-immune enemies, which is amazing, and a huge point in favor of prioritizing weapon damage.)

Long story short: dual-scythe Grandmasters are great. Dual-dagger Grandmasters are great. Dual-axe Grandmasters are great. I've had success with Spear-and-shield Grandmasters, and even a dual-club Grandmaster. As long as it's not a Hammer, a Pick, or a ranged weapon, you're probably going to be just fine. Just spec your skills to match your strengths.

10. SSoG

SSoG Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2011
    1. Summoned heroes have their complete skill set. My level 99 Dwarven Engineer drops Turrets, casts Steadfast Defense, spreads Runic Curses, and buffs all nearby allies with his magical anvil. He's awesome. He's also 500 command points and 9 population, so more of an end-game play.

2. Don't know, haven't tried yet. :)

11. 2hvy4grvty

2hvy4grvty Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2010
    #3571 2hvy4grvty, May 21, 2016
    Last edited: May 21, 2016
    Axes and daggers RNG basically the same stats (maybe just a hair better on the axes). Both cap at ~15 damage and 45% crit for pure crit, and 15 dmg 30% crit and 20% aspd for a mix of both. In terms of pure numbers, that's less than a 5% difference in pure DPS. Elves proc stuff, procs are based on the attack, so Warlock blast can make up for the difference if not exceed it. Then you take into account stunning stuff, and how elves do more damage to stunned targets. The list goes on. And versus mobs, more granularity is a good thing. Just food for thought.

In terms of pure dps, both will outdamage scythes. The best scythe in the game is either a 44% crit 15% aspd or a 41% crit 22% aspd. Hopefully you don't need me to explain why none of that offsets the innate 25% reduced aspd modifier that scythes have.

I will say the highest I've ever rolled to date is a 3 dmg, 40%, and 13% aspd legendary one hand axe. Have yet to roll a better godly.

12. marcus76

marcus76 Active Member

May 14, 2015
    #3572 marcus76, May 21, 2016
    Last edited: May 21, 2016
    I use a level 100 paladin with juggernaut x 3 (150 mana), so I have 60 sec to kill all dangerous enemies and I finish bigger unit after.

To avoid overwelm I use a mace that hits multiple enemies and god rays than make chain lightnings. I get rid of dozen enemies in 3 sec !

13. G-money

G-money Active Member

May 15, 2016
    Just wondering- are there any skills that you all think are a little weak? All the flat damage skills in new game + feel less impactful and there are some skills that just seem meaningless. Valiant charge for example. Essentially just 2 sword strikes with some bleeding thrown in. Revenge is to low of a chance, and its damage is not high enough in new game +. Counter attack simply doesn't work. Don't really know about the skills for the other 2 races, but there just seems to be some skills that are underperforming compared to the obviously great skills.

14. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Yup... Flat damage skills become less useful in NG+. Respec, and focus on weapon damage scaling ones. Even back before the update, i never really liked the non-scaling ones.

Oh, and take note that proc skills like the Mage's chain lightning on-hit scale with +ranged damage bonus skills... Mainly the reason why my gunmage was very viable... But i eventually changed him into Hammer+Shield Proc-mage-paladin (with a few points into knight skills) though. ;)

15. rkumaran

Nov 27, 2015
    Out of curiosity, I am not familiar with all the terms and stuff, but what do mean scaling damage?

16. G-money

G-money Active Member

May 15, 2016
    % based skills, like sword strike. The damage goes up as your hero's base damage goes up. Flat damage skills aren't based on a hero's base damage, like pretty much all the Mage skills.

17. G-money

G-money Active Member

May 15, 2016
    Already respeced my knight about 8 times... No room for iffy skills in new game +. I'm not going for any more flat damage skills, like back in the good old days when my knight had that fireball thing.

18. Tikanderoga

Tikanderoga Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2012
    IT Sys Admin
    Lismore
    New game 2+

I finished NG+ and grinding out some gems for 2+.
    What kind of gear are you guys using?
    My weapon is a 1h sword,
    +15 dmg, 15 crit, 2sta/attack, 15% asp
    Shield:
    18arm, 30% vampirism
    Armour:
    65 arm, 40 melee damage
    Rune:
    35% banner man discount
    30 AP

I'm playing a paladin, 29 knight, 51 pala, 15 Mage

I've been reading about scaling and not scaling damage. What does scale, what doesn't?

19. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Scaling are the skills that deal damage in proportion to your weapon attack. While non-scaling are the skills that have fixed damage.

20. marcus76

marcus76 Active Member

May 14, 2015
    I achieved level 28 in the arena, but got only a pity legendary rune of +3 hp/sec. So, no godly stuff so far, and finally, it is more efficient to die at level 13 to get legendary stuff quicklier.

@foursaken : Any enhancement planned on this feature ?

Cheers