Heroes and Castles 2 - by Foursaken Media (action-RPG/castle defense/strategy)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Foursaken_Media, Oct 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gamer300

gamer300 Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2014
    Europe
    *Posted my response, then noticed EP already anwsered. So just ignore this*

2. terrence92

terrence92 Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2013
    Ah silly me, for some reason I thought it was wednesday already and some parts of the world are a day ahead of us like Australia if I'm not mistaking

3. Kehshsidhdudh5

Kehshsidhdudh5 Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2015
    Michigan
    I think they said it will be released Thursday at 11:00pm est.

4. terrence92

Nov 12, 2013
    Pocketgamer just released a preview video.

5. Elsa

Elsa Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2015
    Arendelle
  6. terrence92

Nov 12, 2013
    So is the game more balanced now?

7. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    ^LOL at that video. He made a few units while making ONE bannerman. You'll need a few Probes first before you can start pumping out zealots, or some spice harvesters before your Trikes and Quads.

Aaaaand he basically called the standard virtua-stick control awkward. Has he played on touchscreens before? Oh wait, you dont need vistua-sticks in flappy bird, angry birds, fruit ninja or candy crush. Oh my, i think he's right, this is awkward. o_O

8. J-who

J-who Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2013
    Web Developer
    Vancouver BC
    Hard to listen to this guy. "Uncomfortable to move around", "Difficult to figure out where Im hitting". He gets frustrated when he gets knocked down. Has he never played a game like this before? Perhaps stick to bubble popping games...

9. brothamannp11911

brothamannp11911 Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2011
    #1109 brothamannp11911, May 12, 2015
    Last edited: May 12, 2015
    It was obvious he had played the game already he was wave 4... and he kept clicking through text prompts thst TEACH YOU HOW TO PLAY THE GAME. If he had just picked it up, he would need to go through the tutorial So he could understand the mechanics he kept complaining about.

The comment that the game should be on a PS3 or console... yet don't gamers want more hardcoR3 games on mobile? Ugh. I'd love to hear a mobile game reviewer, whose job it is to review and play mobile games, to stop complaining about it. If you don't like mobile controls, you can go play others. We are over 5 years into touchscreen controls. Yes they are awkward for some. Some of us play only mobile games. I play Wii with my kiddos sometimes... I don't understand the problem with transitioning.

And the 2-3 times he mentioned the awkward movement, how sluggish he thinks it is... yep, AWKWARD.

10. Elsa

Elsa Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2015
    Arendelle
    Yup...

I only wrote about 5 comments on YouTube in my life and I couldn't resist commenting on that video. It's also probably the only offensive comment I made on the internet in my entire life.

11. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Yeah. It's one thing to say this game has working or a bad control scheme, and another to say i cant play on touchscreen i want my controller.

12. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Ah... Peter likes the control scheme for Oddwings Escape. That figures... LOL

Near the end of the Oddwings video he says "the control system seems finely tuned." :D:D:D

13. hunkyducky1

hunkyducky1 Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2013
    I wasn't very impressed with his short review tbh. He was just unskilled and not used to the controls. The things he complained about were very picky and minor and would be simple for anyone whos played more than 5 minutes of the game. I guess we will find out when the game is released at 11pm Wednesday.

14. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    the awkward movement is still there. an old issue for me since the first one, the character move as if he was sliding on the ground. can you guys please, please fix or tweak this problem coz the game itself is already looks great. it really hurting me when a simple animation tweaks can makes the game even greater. kudos to you guys on making this great game.

15. Elsa

Elsa Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2015
    Arendelle
    #1115 Elsa, May 12, 2015
    Last edited: May 12, 2015
    Strangely enough, I actually loved it in H&C1. It was un-natural and god-like, which is exactly how playing the character should feel like in this game.

It looks like the movement is more down to earth now, but the walk and run animations are definitely weird.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. ruggedland

ruggedland Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    I wish FM had just released it earlier after Apple approval rather than waiting another 3 weeks while giving preview copies to those reviewers who obviously don't get it, judging by the video he produced.

17. slikaroo

slikaroo Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2011
    Release

Just to be clear, does the whole world have to wait till 11oclock EST? Or will those in NZ and countries in different time zones will get it earlier?

18. FightasticMG

FightasticMG Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2015
  19. Myqpalzm

Myqpalzm Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2014
    Pamulang, Indonesia
    The AppSpy's preview video comments have a lot of negative comments...

...wait, IAP completely ruined H&C1?

....Hmm, the graphic is ugly? It's okay in my opinion. I also think that the grass-popping is just included in the low-to-med graphic setting. Is that right?

20. hunkyducky1

hunkyducky1 Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2013
    Yeah I want to know the answer to this