Heroes and Castles 2 - by Foursaken Media (action-RPG/castle defense/strategy)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Foursaken_Media, Oct 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spajdr

spajdr Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2011
    Male
    Elder administrator
    Czech Republic, Ostrava
    Foursaken_Media : wanted to ask, will HaC 2 use effectively more RAM / third CPU core that Ipad Air 2 have? or perhaps increased visibility ?

2. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

Mobile games hardly use the ram and CPU power current mobile devices provide, so I can almost guarantee that the answer is no.

3. Sambobsung

Sambobsung Well-Known Member

May 19, 2012
    Male
    Canada
    Will there be a place that allows your character to go on the castle wall? I've always just wanted to go on the walls and snipe with my Ranger in H&C.

4. swimmingcub

swimmingcub Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2012
    Here's to hoping it will be like mount and blade warband! :)

5. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Correct - just one currency, and then skill points as you level up. Very straight-forward, very much like H&C1.

We actually do support air units in the game! ;) Its really just a matter of gameplay whether or not they end up making the cut or not.

We'll definitely be adding in some extras for top end devices ;) Hope to have more info on that as we get closer to release!

This was actually the original plan, but I don't think its going to make it in... there's a lot of game play implication and scenarios where it becomes a bit dicey. It also gives an unfair advantage to ranged heroes - and we're trying our best to make sure no one way to play is better than another.

Never played it, but just watched some vids... from what I've seen, I think if you like that game, you'll love H&C2 ;)

6. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    #86 JCho133, Oct 29, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2014
    So many tantalizing details!

So, this time around will you have a proper magic casting class? Not another one of those lame mages? :D

Edit: Looking back at the pictures you've shown, I've determined that you've shown off all 3 human classes (knight, barbarian, archer/ranger). So, all we need to know now is what are the elf classes gonna be? I'm guessing Ranger, Assassin, and some sort of magic guy.

Also, the visuals look damn amazing!

7. brothamannp11911

brothamannp11911 Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2011
    #87 brothamannp11911, Oct 29, 2014
    Stop dogging Mr. Mage. I really liked their take. Would I like a caster? Yes, hopefully, but this mage was pretty interesting... his health was tied to his ability to function. When he got tired, had to go rest up... When fully charged, had some DEVASTATING attacks that in the midst of a battle caused real trouble.

You just want Sith Lord Mage dude, JCho :)

I LOVE that there is going to be a Dwarven Gunner. I think an Explosives expert class would be cool, too...

I will take off work, buy $10 in IAP and not spend time with my wife and kids for two weeks if you let me beta test this game.... Woah, woah, woah, better watch that. I can only spend $8 haha!

8. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    He's called a Sorceror ):<

And yeah, the gunner class is called the Engineer. Remember, from the first one? :p

9. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    For some odd reason I interpreted that smiley face from right to left.
    That monobrow though.

10. brothamannp11911

brothamannp11911 Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2011
    Nah, the one from first one didn't know who he wanted to be, he had a me of abilities... Runesmith, wonder if he is an army enhancer?

11. 7lilwhitewolf7

7lilwhitewolf7 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Georgia,Cleveland Ohio,Texas,New York
    I loved the music. To give you guys an example of what i hope to be included in your new masterpiece:

Sword of the Berserk: Guts' Rage
    track #6 To The Castle

!!!!BATTLE!!!!

12. ioscody

ioscody Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2014
    iPhone 6 plus 60fps at 1080p ??

13. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

Actually, the equipment is now freeform, so your look depends on your armor (of which there are thousands of variations), not your class. Certain equipment does give bonuses for certain classes though, and some classes have weapon proficiency skills. But yeah, you could be a bow wielding knight, if you wanted.

Will check it out!

Hope to have more news on final performance numbers as we get closer to release!

14. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    #94 JCho133, Oct 29, 2014
    Whaaaat

That's so awesome, but now it's like impossible to get info from the screenshots :D

15. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    So I've been thinking about how the new character system works, and was thinking that it would kinda take away the possibility for really unique characters, like the Clockwork Veteran. What are your plans in this regard? How player altering does the equipment get?

16. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

At least as altering as the heroes in H&C1 of the same race... consider that you thought the heroes in the screenshots were separate heroes - those are just 3 out of thousands of combinations of equipment, and thats just for the human race.

Also remember, H&C1 started out with 3 heroes. H&C2 is starting with 3 races, each with 3 skill paths and a ton of unique equipment. In the end, this system will allow for more uniqueness as players will really be able to create interesting characters by mixing and matching abilities from different skill paths, and using their favorite armor.

We also have an equipment forge that allows you to craft the stats of one armor into the visual look of any other armor - so you'll always be able to use your favorite looking armor throughout the game.

17. Lochheart

Lochheart Active Member

Oct 30, 2013
    France
    hope it will be premium app !
    I never pay for iAP and really want to support Foursaken!

18. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Loving the sound of that!

19. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    You guys are rad

20. VaroFN