Heroes and Castles 2 - by Foursaken Media (action-RPG/castle defense/strategy)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Foursaken_Media, Oct 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    #61 Nekku, Oct 26, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2014
    Oh yeah. Forgot about the 5S and Air.
    The Air 2 has the GX6650 GPU wich has 192 cores like the Tegra K1 and according to benchmarks, it's even faster than the K1. So I'm not sure if the 6 is faster than the Air 2 even on native resolution. Air 2's A8X is just crazy fast.

Edit: I just saw that the iPhone 6 is mostly on par or slightly faster than the Air 2 in on-screen benchmarks. Wow. So you were right.

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Well... I do not forget that this is the H&C2 thread so... Bring it on Foursaken bros!

3. brothamannp11911

brothamannp11911 Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2011
    There is just so much awesome in the description there, plus the screenshots suggest some changes... fortifications? Siege and defend?

It's crazy to think of this big of a scope of a game on mobile....

PLUS, there's some random tweets from the bros about a BIG Block Fortress update coming soon, too....

SO MUCH AWESOME GAMING :D

4. Legendary_Slayer

Legendary_Slayer Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2012
    0_0

FOURSAKEN YOU ARE AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

H&C is my favorite ios game this is definately instabuy!

5. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

We haven't really gotten to mp yet, but right now we're planning on at least co-op and versus, with a few variations in versus... Also the good part is the way we've restructured H&C2, the RAM usage is actually WAY down, so something like a 2v2 or 3v3 wouldn't necessarily be out of the realm of possibility. Mind you take that with a grain of salt - don't want to confirm or deny anything related to mp at this point.

Indeed there are a few more "modes" of play - not really modes per se as they are intertwined in the campaign - but new ways to play for sure ;) We'll have some more details on the campaign structure soon.

6. Snail Games

Snail Games Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    #66 Snail Games, Oct 27, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2014
    This looks really cool. Full disclosure, never played Heroes and Castles. What's the key to this game? I see that RPG and castle defense/strategy are lumped together, so it's like TPS castle defense? The graphics look awesome.

7. CatoSicarius

CatoSicarius Active Member

This will be a GREAT success! What shall it cost?

8. Sambobsung

Sambobsung Well-Known Member

May 19, 2012
    Male
    Canada
    Whatever the cost I'll be buying it.

9. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Premium, right?

10. Swiftness

Swiftness New Member

Oct 27, 2014
    this looks niceeee, any information on the release date?

11. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Im guessing it'll be like the first. Premium, but will have IAP to accelerate progress.

12. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

Don't worry, the combat is getting a nice boost in H&C2... now there is blocking, heavy attacks (which can smash through block), and dashing - with enemy units that use all of those new moves as well. If you have a shield, you can even manually block arrows. Abilities have been reworked as well to use an ability point system (as opposed to a straight up cooldown system) - which opens up some more tactical options and the option to have a lot more than just 3 skills.

That being said, we're being very careful though with the combat balance, as we DO want to open up more of a skill based game, but without alienating players who just loved to "hack and slash" from H&C1.

Yep - we're going to be trying to stick as closely to the original's pay model as possible.

No news yet on that front yet, but we're really pretty far along - probably hoping to launch before the end of the year. We'll likely have a smallish beta as well, so stay tuned for details on that!

13. GR3NADE

GR3NADE Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2011
    Czech republic
    What does this "point system" mean? Is it something like targetting abilities in BH2?

14. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

I just mean like a "magic points" system that you find in most RPGs - in that different ability use a different amount of ability points, and other than that you're not limited to what you use and when you use it. So for ex if you use a super powerful ability, it could use up all of your ability points. Ability points then have to recharge before you can use a new ability. Likewise, you could also fire off 3 of the same, weak skills in a row if you had the ability points to do so. Its typical fare for RPGs, but it should offer a lot more flexibility and synergy between abilities.

15. GR3NADE

GR3NADE Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2011
    Czech republic
    Ah, "point" system.. I didn't get "points" in this meaning (I am not native English speaker). So it is like mana, thanks :)

16. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Soooo...no dual currency/consumable IAP?

17. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    #77 JCho133, Oct 28, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2014
    Original had the latter, in the form of Crystal packs

Crystals were the currency used to purchase upgrades, characters, and skins, but enough crystals for these thighs could be easily earned through regular play.

18. luckystrikeguy

luckystrikeguy Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2013
    Will there be any air placed enemy's or air battles like gargoyles or dragons ?

19. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Wouldnt that be unfair to knights, paladins or other pure melee character? Would be difficult to rely on archers and towers to get rid of flyers... But yeah, i think i like the idea.

20. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    What if you had one of those canons or catapults that shot two canonballs connected by a chain to make the enemies drop out of the sky? ;)