iPad Hero Unleashed (by Young il Ko)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Sep 20, 2016.

1. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    Got you
    I wonder if this dev played that one loved how it was set up and just bought it outright

2. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    The first one (99 cents one) isn't quite the same and some may not like it as much it takes place over stages like 1-1 etc and so far no exploring and all that you simply survive for the given time and fight enemies
    Controls are good and all that just not the same as the newer one doesn't mean I don't like it just don't expect them to be the same like I originally did :)
    They look the same graphics and gameplay wise just the diff is stages instead of exploring a more open
    world.

3. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    The game is on the google play app store too. It has 4.5 stars from 91 reviews. Not bad.

I played for about 15 minutes and I really like it. Combat is incredibly smooth and the special attacks are incorporated very well. Money well spent for sure.

4. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    This is why i love the TA community. :)

Bought!

5. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Uh... Not universal? I just started it on the ipad and im getting the x2 mode.

6. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    You're right. I didn't notice that. I don't have an iPad so I usually don't look for it. It's great on the phone though.

7. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    played the first one. stiff controls, story doesn't really make sense, level based just killing monsters.. meh. the second one is a lot better

8. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    I was a fan of the first game but this one is WOW glad to see this developer getting some well deserved recognition :)

9. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Alright,

I'm in. Downloading now. I'll report back later when I've played a bit. let's do this!

Billy

10. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    I swear this has been on the store before....

The controls are the only thing good about it.

I fully disagree with the comments on the quality of this title. Translation is crazy. Gameplay is more shallow than the first Zenonia. The menus and text are at mediocre presentation.... I wouldn't be surprised to find comic sans font in them somewhere. While you may want to praise the graphics - it doesnt appear universal the models seem like rehashes and the sword is the only thing I have seen reflected.

Maybe it's because the older arpgs like Aurum Blade spoiled me. But even at two dollars this feels meh. I feel like I have wasted 45 mins of my life that will never return.

11. lemessie

lemessie Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2015
    I'm waiting for your review ;)'

12. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    I agree. Frankly, I found the story mostly incoherent, and the combat and overall design dull and repetitive.

I remember Aurum Blade fondly, as well. But if you are looking for more contemporary take on this genre, check out The World 3.

13. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    I think it depends on the context and how you are judging it. $2 is nothing and I have played worse games for 2$ on app store. This is an indie developer who doesn't speak English as a first language frankly I prefer playing in Korean since that's his language. Who expected this to be AAA? i didnt...
    The controls and the battles make it tolerable for me. I will agree I don't find it as awesome as I did initially but to act like I wasted 2$ would be dumb.
    Sure wish Zenonia would come back in it's premium form... I may have to dig up the old one from my purchased list as i loved that game a lot.

14. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Waiting on his opinion as well haha

15. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Gimme a it. I'm about to play. I ended up getting dizzy, fell, and broke my ribs again lol. This is the third time. So I was at the ER all day. But now that I'm in my recliner with pain medicine and pillows it's time to play.

Billy

16. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    OMG! LS, I hope you feel get better soon.

17. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Now that's dedication. Feel better.

18. 7lilwhitewolf7

7lilwhitewolf7 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Georgia,Cleveland Ohio,Texas,New York
    I hope you feel better & have a speedy recovery m'Lord

19. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    Best of luck for speedy recovery!! Fellow game god

20. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Get better Billy! Btw does anyone know if there are set save spots Or does it just auto save and you always start from the same place? I have had to close the game a few times and I always start back at the very first starting point even though I made it to the next town and talked to the sorceress chick when I had to quit?