Universal Hero Siege: Pocket Edition (by Panic Art Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Repulsa, Jun 18, 2016.

1. PrimoBr

PrimoBr Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2015
    This. The a button seems to be broken for me. Air 2 ios 8.4

2. gmattergames

gmattergames Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    I'm sure you've already considered, but GM "Audio Group" functionality may be the solution, allowing audio files to be loaded/unloaded from memory as needed.

3. Reaganomics

Reaganomics Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2009
    My last word. Hopefully the technical issues get worked out. if they do then I'll surely make the buy. If not, then it is what it is.

4. skylined87

skylined87 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2014
    I went ahead and bought the game while its at 2.99. It seems to work fine so far, granted I am using a 6S.

At least it seems like the dev is working on fixing the issues with the game. I wish him luck and hope that he can get everything in working order.

I know all of you feel used and mistreated from the issues with this and the past versions, but try to at least give him a chance to fix them. At least he is commenting on the forums to let us know he is working on it, that's more than many other devs do.

Hope everything works out, I would love to play this game the way it's meant to be played.

5. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    anyone else not able to equip items? Since the last few updates I can’t do anything, hit equip, nothing.

6. pathogen541

pathogen541 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2016
    I havent tried it again since the new "re-work" came out, but this game has been a buggy nightmare since day 1. I've actually had to purchase it twice, as when it initially released, it didnt work on 1 gig devices, which was not stated, nor was the dev aware of this. When I approached the dev, his response, quite literally was "what do you want me to do about it" I did eventually buy it again when I purchased a 2gig device because we do not have anything like it on iOS, but I found it still to be broken, requiring a work around to get relics to work, and in some cases, even show up at all. Sounds like the 3.0 update brought its own batch of problems. Not being able to use characters we've purchased without WiFi is straight bull shit, NotFM did something similar, locked all the IAP behind wifi/internet connectivity, which I think is wrong.

The dev seems to be more responsive this time around, and seems to be issuing fixes and updates at a normal pace, but honestly, in my experience, he is extremely arrogant (he wrote an article ABOUT HIMSELF, touting himself as being one of the most successful independent game developers) and seems to view the mobile release as an after thought. I was a member of their discord until I was told repeatedly that no patch would be released to fix the problems v2.0 had. They KNEW that parts of the game were practically broken and continued to allow people to purchase their title without issuing any fix or displaying any sort of concern that they were essentially taking peoples money or a broken product.

Anyone on the fence about this game, proceed with caution: WHEN IT WORKS, its tons of mindless fun. Tons of gear/content to be had. However, it has been, and continues to be, a buggy mess. The dev seems more interested in pretending he's something special than actually providing a solid product to his fan base. Check the Steam Page and you will find tons of complaints about how the dev adds/removes features the community likes, only to insert new "features" that hinder the game. Just my 2 cents yall.

Roger the Alien likes this.
  7. pathogen541

Jun 19, 2016
  8. Repulsa

Jul 3, 2015
    Yeah I know but I LOVE the damn game lol they have released like three patches this week and they can’t fix that item equip business? Also their discord is so lame I asked twice about this issue and no one even bothered to reply to me, seems like the most action their discord gets is from the “ I’ve been banned by mistake” topic. That’s pretty bad when you must have an entire topic thread for that, with ppl non stop asking to be unbanned for various idiotic reasons o_O

9. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Yeah, I wouldn't recommend this even for free. Not only is the CEO a huge piece of garbage, but the issues with this game are well documented and go all the way back to the original version released in 2013. That version was borderline broken, and then two years later they pulled it from sale and re-released this version, effectively abandoning the original and forcing anyone who wanted to keep playing to rebuy the new release. Which I could ALMOST stomach, except this release has been various forms of broken for years too, and they have the same "tough shit" attitude about ever fixing it. There's even a "Hero Siege Hate Thread" that has more comments than this actual game discussion thread has.

Terrible developer. I would never support them under any circumstances.

10. pathogen541

Jun 19, 2016
    And I think that is what is so frustrating. There is so much potential here, because when it does work, its tons of fun! The amount of things flying out of your character can get RIDICULOUS after you've stock piled some relics. But even those required some odd work around of switching between the rune/equipment screens at the start of each game to re-activate them. Had multiple characters at 100+, on the iOS version. That doesn't even touch on the UI that the dev couldn't be bothered to re-work for iOS. Ill keep this in my purchases because on the off chance the dev does get the issues nailed down, Ill play it again. Until then, its gonna stay in my purchase history.

11. pathogen541

Jun 19, 2016
    I love the "we are just two college students making games" bit, when he wrote an article ABOUT HIMSELF, bragging about how he's an amazing indy dev. Sounds like he can't take acountability for his trash title, and shifts back and forth at his convenience. like, ffs dude. I'd never seen that article you posted, but I always wondered if no one else was paying attention. Glad to see someone was.

12. JasonLL

JasonLL Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2014
    Male
    ...and you didn’t even have to mention the anti-American remarks they would spout off on Twitter years back.

If the game was 100% fixed it would be incredible, the game definitely had that IT factor. The devs are undeniably talented but I still couldn’t bring myself to support them.

Well deserved.

13. Repulsa

Jul 3, 2015
    New update (yesterday and today) fixed the inventory problem, multiplayer is working better for me then it ever has, playing the hell out of it and having tons of fun

14. Hi, there

Just got it on my ipad (10.5 inch). Been having fun. But it seems like the game tries to stretch and fit the screen. For example, the square icon becomes a rectangle one. Is it okay that u will add some sort of layout for the upper and lower part to make the game look little more normal? Anyway, thank you for hard work into this game