Universal Hero Siege: Pocket Edition (by Panic Art Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Repulsa, Jun 18, 2016.

1. ZAOalive_777

ZAOalive_777 Member

Jan 16, 2016
    Thank you. Your work on this is much appreciated.

2. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    Well, I bought it. Was playing it on the 6S and Air 2 but prefered the 6S because the controls are kinda bad on the Air due to its much bigger size. Maybe adding a floating left stick and adjusting deadzones would help. The controls in the original game were spot on but the ones in this version just arent as precisable. There is also a bug which was already mentioned a couple posts earlier. The upper left und bottom left directions are bugging out most of the time so your character will walk much faster than usual which makes avoiding projectiles pretty hard at times. Skill buttons are too tiny on the iPhone, imo.
    There are also some lags here and there on the iPad. Since they are already persistent in lower levels, I can just imagine how bad the framerate will drop in end game (wormholes).
    However, despite the bugs, it still feels great to have that gem on my mobile devices again.

I guess the price will go up again once Vex has fixed it for devices with less than 2 gigs of ram.

3. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Thanks for working on a fix :)

4. Vexorian

Vexorian Member

Jun 21, 2016
    Yeah I need to address that hyper-speed issue on movement, feels kinda obnoxious. Umh and yeah, I set the price to $3 for the duration of summer sale on steam ^_^. It will be $3 for a week now. I am currently working hard on sorting the texture pages, but there are thousands of sprites that need to be grouped individually so phew :D coffee!

5. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    Congrats on getting a fix!

6. Reaganomics

Reaganomics Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2009
    It's better to take all the time you need to optimize the game than to rush through it and give us junk. I'm almost certain if this game is treated with love and reasonable effort that people will grab this game quick, regardless of the earlier debacle.

7. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Seconded.

I compliment the dev for the fix.

8. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Hey I saw your post in Facebook.. I think u getting your priorities wrong. Yes I know u trying to increase your customer profiles. But u should fix those AFTER you have addressed the concerns of the current customers.

The crashing when you speak to a person in town.
    Optimization for iPad.
    And the speed issues.

Address those and push out the patch. Then take your own time to increase your base.

9. forsakenxe

forsakenxe Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    I will wait for when all the bugs and issues are reported to be fixed. Huge backlog is waiting anyways. Wish listed an following the thread, glad that the dev chimed in :)

10. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    So if the game is on sale on iOS for $3 to coincide with the Steam sale, why is the Android version still $8.99?

The only reason I may consider it on Android, despite my frustration with the devs after having purchased the game on iOS and Android in its previous incarnation, is because it may play well on my Shield Tablet.

But being burned on two platforms in the past makes me very hesitant to spend $9 on it.

Also not trusting enough that the devs will make good on their promise to make it run on 1 GB RAM iOS devices based on the abandonment of the original release.

It had the potential to be a fun game but never got the support it needed.

11. Vexorian

Vexorian Member

Jun 21, 2016
    I've now managed to get the game playable in town etc, but textures need to be re-grouped and a lot has to be coded again for iOS

12. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    Awesome! Look forward to playing it mobile!

13. skylined87

skylined87 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2014
    Damn I really want to try this game, especially for the $3 sale price. However, I am also skeptical as to whether the issues will be fixed or not. I need every penny I can get as I am living paycheck to paycheck, and I really don't want to buy a broken game. I don't want to miss out on a potentially fun game though, so I am kinda torn on this atm.

Hopefully they can sort this out, at least it's nice to hear that the devs are responding to their customers' issues.

14. chespace

chespace Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Just picked it up for my iPhone 6S and it runs great. Glad to have the definitive version in my pocket at last (and at a sweet discount too)!

Look forward to playing on my iPad pro when I pick one up this weekend.

15. Carabak

Carabak Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2015
    Probably a silly question due to requirements but anyone tried it on IPad Air??!

16. ironsam80

ironsam80 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Crashing on start but as dev says he is working on optimization for 1gb devices so iPad Air will be good... On the other hand if you have not purchase yet i would wait for the update first and the comments of how is working here in this thread before. Maybe you'll lose the discount but with the history of this title on iOS nothing sure even after the update.

17. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    I just wanted to report a bug if it hasn't already been reported. The game will not allow me to pick up loot with the A button, I have tried several times to no avail, iPad mini 4 iOS 9.3.2

18. Carabak

Carabak Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2015
    Thanks #

19. Vexorian

Vexorian Member

Jun 21, 2016
    Problems ahead...

Hey,

So a little update and a bit of bad news.... I managed to get the game somehow running on iPhone 6 by grouping texture pages smartly BUT:

We have around 400 sound files that are loaded into the RAM as soon as one is played, this is a huge problem obviously. I have now grouped the sounds, but Game Maker does not have a function for flushing sounds, like it has for texture pages. So eventually the audiogroups will end up stacking and causing a crash....

I just asked a Game Maker representative about the function for flushing sounds and this is what he told me:

"is there a function for flushing the audio from memory?"

"Nope.... it's an oversight that's been noticed, but we've no time to address right now."

So yeah, I'm not kinda fuk'd.... I will see if I can figure out something or hire someone to do an iOS extension that gives me a working flushing function... or something :(

20. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Any chance you could run the Android version on sale for $3 since both iOS and Steam are?