Universal Hero Siege: Pocket Edition (by Panic Art Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Repulsa, Jun 18, 2016.

1. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    App description already changed - basically says it won't run on anything from iPhone 6 and down.....that's a big customer base they're cutting out there!

2. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    Will probably get it but will wait until the bugs are fixed. I saw they will fix the NPC but what about the non working shop windows or whatever it is was mentioned earlier in the thread? Will this be fixed too anytime soon?

Hope this wont get pulled like the last one.

3. Scottlarsen

Scottlarsen Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2009
    I wouldn't bet on it not getting pulled. If they can only sell to owners of the latest devices at just under a $10 price point, they will likely be hard pressed to sell enough to make a return.

4. ItouchBrett

ItouchBrett Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    I loved the old game. Before the "buy heroes part". Got up to really high levels. I'll buy this once it doesn't suck. People complaining about 10 dollars for a new game is pretty lame.

5. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    This is why beta testing is good.

6. Repulsa

Jul 3, 2015
    I just read one of the App Store reviews, the guy said he had a 6+ with plenty of RAM and it didn't work for him.

7. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    The 6+ has 1GB of RAM. The developers are now saying this will only run on the iPhone 6S, 6S+, and SE or the iPad Mini 4, Air 2 or Pro.

Anyone who has tried this on a 6S care to comment? I'm interested to know how it runs.

8. Repulsa

Jul 3, 2015
    I will buy it when it goes on sale. I think it looks cool and so the developers dropped the ball a little everybody screws up. If I end up loving the game I will support the devs further by buying some of the IAP. I appreciate the sale and the fact that they have reached out to let people know what's going on and given refunds to those whose devices don't support it.

9. skoptic

skoptic Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2015
    #69 skoptic, Jun 22, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2016
    I've read everything and was cautious but with the price drop and playing on an Air 2, I thought I would take the plunge.

One of the key reasons was the MFI support (or more accurately MOGA support in the description) sadly it doesn't seem to work with my SteelSeries Stratus :( - anyone have any joy with non MOGA controllers? Space grunts just got an MFI update today and is working like a dream!

**edit - after a fair amount of fiddling (starting controller at various different times which sometimes affected some other games) I was able to get the game to the state where the on screen controls would only move on 1 axis, straight up or down, no fire button and the mfi controller button A would access the inventory screen, but not toggle out of it. A kind of middle ground where neither controls would work, interesting.

I played without mfi for a bit and player and monsters seem to move at different speeds on the different axis too (faster up down then left right) - this is an air 2 128Gb with 20 gb free on iOS 9.3.2

It was good of the Dev to reduce the cost, but as a project manager myself, I know that if you don't do any significant testing, then things like this may well happen. Sadly going in for the refund.... Caveat emptor

10. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    I personally believe that the dev first foray into iOS and therefore hasn't learned enough to optimize the game and make full use of game maker. Eventually he may able to ran it on older device by doing some tweaks etc. No matter how huge he claims the game is etc it's still pale in comparison to those big game out there. It's like what 201mb installed.. In today's standard that's pathetically small size.
    So guys keep your fingers crossed

11. Repulsa

Jul 3, 2015
    And the best thing we can do to support future updates is BUY THE GAME

12. oldman23

oldman23 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2016
    Besides this game is there any other game out there that needs more than 1gig of ram I have iPad Air and I have had no problems with the games I own.

13. Yerti1

Yerti1 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 8, 2012
    I literally laughed out loud at this.

For another point, I think part of the problem with how people are taking the Dev is a language barrier problem. It's quite evident English isn't his first language and it makes some things appear rude that aren't really meant to be. Add all the negativity to this and it makes it a much more profound problem.

I have a 6S+ and could download this game, especially since I even seen someone else say that it works on their device, and it's on sale. But I do think I may wait just a bit longer to see what else is said.

Edited: stupid typo

14. Repulsa

Jul 3, 2015
    I bought it and here my imps so far...no problems with the controls, they don't seem awkward or anything. I have experienced the fatal error crash while talking to the mayor ( iPad mini 4 latest OS) Some things are a little confusing like... How do you earn crystals? There is no explanation. I bought a head/hat with my crystals but don't really know how you equip it so it changes the characters appearance. I have not found out how to purchase DLC. This seems to be a little bit of a battery hog as well. Other then those things I have mentioned I am enjoying it and I think my son and I will have fun playing this together.

15. geoelectric

geoelectric Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Bought at $3 to catch the drop, figuring dev would fix such that my 6+ would work *then* saw the new no devices less than 2GB note on the listing. That's...something. At least it'll still run on my iPad Pro.

16. FuriousThumbs

FuriousThumbs Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2016
    When the game is working, can I play the same characters/account on multiple device?

If I delete the game do I have to start over?

17. Repulsa

Jul 3, 2015
    Anyone having any success with online multiplayer?

18. Reaganomics

Reaganomics Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Understandable. But you should read the post to see what all the complaining is about.

19. rittchard

rittchard Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2011
    No success for me thus far...

FYI though, I am playing the game fine on both an iPad Mini 4 and iPhone 6S Plus with iOS 9.3.2.

20. Vexorian

Vexorian Member

Jun 21, 2016
    solution found!

Its going to be a long night of work, better prepare a lot of coffee!!

I got the game running on iPhone 6 by optimizing the texture pages. I hope to get a working version updated asap!