Universal Hero Siege: Pocket Edition (by Panic Art Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Repulsa, Jun 18, 2016.

1. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Game only related update with no personal opinion attached: according to the games Facebook page the developers are getting a few more Apple devices to test on and have mentioned that the game runs flawlessly on Android.

2. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Good news. I am going to keep an eye on the thread, then, since the game sounds nice.

3. touchy85

touchy85 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2015
    Unfortunately the Google play reviews mention the same issues as the ios version. So I doubt it's really running as good as they say.

4. Press2Play

Press2Play Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2012
    Bussinessman
    Philippines
    Atleast it's fully compatible with MOGA controllers.lol.

5. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    Dev has uploaded a video on their FB page, explaining the iOS situation. Have a look!

6. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Crashlands is made with Game Maker...

7. gmattergames

gmattergames Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    Despite the indie-darlings it's spawned over the years, GM continues to be shunned by serious developers, who use "real" middleware, because none of those platforms ever have cross-platform issues. #

8. bcredonk

bcredonk Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2014
    I have the old build up and running on my iPhone six with the most current version of iOS. Took some digging through my purchase history but it was still on there. I won't say it works well but I'm able to play it

9. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    Does 'running through treacle' about sum it up?! I did the same a while back but it all ran so slowly - and that's on a 6S.

10. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    On the original game thread they posted several things which took me to think they were amateurs/university students tampering with Game Maker to make their postgrade project or something like that. I think they were overwhelmed by the project and in the end they couldn't cope with the iOS requests, changes and bugs they encountered.

I think GM is a powerful tool... In the right hands :p

11. scottsoapbox

scottsoapbox Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Wow this is the lowest TA user ranking I've ever seen.

12. gmattergames

gmattergames Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    Was there a soft-launch? Would think anyone confident enough to come out of the gate at $10, would have at least put it through its paces in a limited release.

13. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    Would suggest you read the thread from the brginning and the then do a forum search for Hero Siege and read the old thread too.

In a nut shell - this is a re-release of a game that was released, updated, broken, re-updated, broken again, rinse/repeat a few times and finally removed from the App Store (despite many folks paying good money for it) and being told by the Devs they couldn't be bothered to fix it as it was too time consuming and they then focused on the Steam version instead because it was more lucrative.

The current concern is, all reports suggest this version is just as borked as the last - with the icing being that they are charging 180% more than they did with the first version....and the cherry being that they seem to care just as little as they did the first time.

So caveat emptor is probably the best advice at the moment.

14. hoodwinkedfool

hoodwinkedfool Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2011
    That video that is up on the dev's Facebook is just him with an iPhone 6+ angrily opening the game and going "it works fine I don't know maybe you are all doing something wrong" and he suggests that maybe everyone is using power saving mode.
    It really looks like they didn't do any testing other than on that phone and on an iPad.

15. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    To be fair, he doesn't sound angry to me - perhaps a bit perplexed and unsure what the problem is but wouldn't have said his tone was angry. Also, all he said was he wasn't sure what the problem is and rhetorically enquired if people may have power saving mode enabled - he's clutching at straws because he has no other way of replicating the issue - but he does intend to buy earlier models and try to replicate the issues. Think it's only fair to give him a chance to get to the bottom of it as he's showing willing.

Also, just realised this version comes with all 7 acts already included which makes up for the 180% price hike from the original.....now if only they would work properly!

16. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Ok so what are the IAP then?

17. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Why does this game look like crash land?

18. Nekko

Nekko Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Tokyo-3
    I'm guessing because both games were made with Game Maker.

19. bcredonk

bcredonk Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2014
    Just about, yeah. And I can't change the controls so it's almost unplayable as the ranged classes. Much more stuff unlocked than when I originally purchased it but I'm not sure what's going on with it.

20. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    The colors, the way the characters move and the font.. That unique fonts they used..
    Doesn't seem like you can customize much using GM.