Universal Hero Siege - (By Panic Art Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Bronxsta, Dec 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

This IOS version still has the keyboard keys on the icons?

2. KrubKrum

KrubKrum Member

May 8, 2012
    Awesome! But its a fantastic game none the less!

The flame throwers are the real killers, insta death pretty much!
    Played Nightmare mode... Died on wave 7.. Haha

3. Panicci

Panicci Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2012
    CEO of my own company
    Finland
    ah, got to fix that. thanks for pointing it out :)

4. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    Beat it! On default just unlocked nightmare. Was a fun round. Unlocked like 20 relics. It's def a lot better since balance was added recently :)

Attached Files:

5. somedumbgamer

somedumbgamer Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    I wish the controls were as smooth as minigore. I'm not really liking the angular directional movement. Maps seemed cluttered too

6. PSquared

PSquared Active Member

Nov 4, 2013
    Being a big fan of the games which inspired Hero Siege, and hearing the rather positive reviews, I decided to pick it up. About 5 minutes of play on my iPad Air had me so frustrated with the controls that I wanted to quit.

I really like the art and the gameplay though so I kept at it for a full hour and I think I've figured out what is causing me issues. In the middle of the directional control there is a dead spot where you can touch the screen and the controller will be centered. This spot, on the iPad, is WAY too big! It results in the movement being very finicky and getting stuck on the corners of object infrequently... But often enough to be frustrating. It also causes a slight but noticeable delay when swapping directions from left/right or up/down as your finger passes through the large dead zone between directionals. This also causes a sort of jerky unreliable movement when moving from center to a diagonal directly.

After an hour I picked up my iPhone 5s and tried the game on that device. The same control issues exist but they are far more minor... I assume this is because the phone's smaller screen has a proportionally smaller dead spot so it is much less of an issue.

Soo... Is there any way you can reduce the size of that dead spot in the middle of the controller by a sizable amount on the iPad? I want to play on the iPad but it is very frustrating at the moment. It may also help the controls on the iPhone as well. Or maybe put a option in the menu to increase/decrease/adjust it? I feel as good as the design of this game is a skill based game hinges on the controls being right and this may fix the issue a lot of people have mentioned.

There are a couple other simple things that could be improved to make the game drastically more enjoyable but in my humble opinion nothing is more important then ironing out the controls.

7. KrubKrum

KrubKrum Member

May 8, 2012
    You beat it and only had 20 relics? I had like 40-60 relics when I beat it.
    What wave did you beat it on?

8. Zeillusion

Sep 30, 2013
    I didn't get a chance to look at my relics -_- maybe I had way more haha. I had bleep poison eternal life angel fire trail poison blood bleed blimp 1 ko angel wings death legs lightning ice Chant more damage more health stats up damage up ... Yeah I musta had 40+ and I beat it on 105 ish I believe

9. SonixManix

SonixManix Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2013
    On my iPhone 4, even when I am using the lowest graphics, the game lags alot.

10. KrubKrum

KrubKrum Member

May 8, 2012
    Yeah you probably had a lot more then 20.
    Okay well I guess beating the game is just random around wave 90-100ish.

11. HebCast

HebCast New Member

Dec 27, 2013
    Diablo Homage

I don't know how any one hasn't mentioned this before, but there's a secret cow level, and it's pretty amazing.

Good job devs for including it.
    This game is very addicting, and that just made it incredibly better :D

12. Panicci

Dec 29, 2012
    CEO of my own company
    Finland
    Awesome! Now the PAIN can begin on nightmare :DDD But WAIT FOR HELL!! :D

Thanks for pointing this out man! I will be optimizing this today when i get back home from vacation! Expect a patch in early january!

Sorry for this, the game is incredibly heavy at the moment, but i have been planning for optimization and taking down the heaviness the whole vacation (yeah i cannot relax if im not programming the game -.-)

Hehe glad to hear :) We will be bringing a big branch of new items and a new act in January! Also the new class "NOMAD". Thanks for the support man and if you have anything you would like to ask or suggest, please feel free! I'm all about giving you players what you want! :)

13. Zeillusion

Sep 30, 2013
    Yes the secret cow level is amazing! 100 cows are attacking you with mad health it's hilarious. My 5s went nuts after 200 or so of em spawned lmfao was awesome. Than giant cows come out >.<

14. SonixManix

Nov 21, 2013
    Cannot wait!! :D I love the gameplay, it just lags alot.

15. ItouchBrett

ItouchBrett Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Ok so after playing this game almost to death. (Im in hell mode) lvl 52 marksmen. Now, if you start off at the start of each act (act1) and progress towards beating the difficulty im finding this hard unless you start over from act1…. Like if I’m in Nightmare and I start from act 2 it takes forever to beat up mobs, and basically im just relying on relics and GOOD relics to help me out…. Its a lot easier to just start over from the first act 1… my whole thing is…. I spent like 2 hours from act 1 going to act 3 in nightmare. 1 wrong little move and I would die. If not the dumb blue lasers that get you in a dungeon in close quarters, or a random spike that you step over…. I think there needs to be WAY better balance here…. Anyone agree? I don’t know how you cant unless my game is corrupt or something… I just find this a little to hard tp start from the middle of the game if you died prior. That’s why you get an extra relic in the beginning… but lets face it, if it isn’t Frostmourne or the Ankh or the butchers clever you are gonna have a hard time…. Just my thought. Balance changes are needed.

16. Panicci

Dec 29, 2012
    CEO of my own company
    Finland
    The patch 1.0.3 has been submitted for Approval.

Whats new:
    - Lots of optimization
    - Remade all the projectiles for enemies and heros, no more shitloads of particles but sprite based so the lagging should be solved now. (also made pyro's meteor look much more awesome!)
    - Decreased the chance of flying blood spawning with 50% and gave the same amount for the "bone" particles.
    - Removed shadows from any non important particles like bone and blood.
    - Enhanced the thumbsticks for movement and attack (no more deaspot, should be sensitive now!)

What next?:
    - Need to figure out how to make a naming system for iOS since the get_string doesnt work (Jussi is coming over tomorrow and we will brainstorm)
    - Act 4 (will be announced in our livestream 48 hour gamejam http://autoseries.net/desertjam)
    - New class
    - Confirmation for all purchases, delete, rename, stats reset etc.
    - Lots more items, enemies, new bosses which we have planned

We havent even STARTED this project yet, there is SO MUCH more we want to bring into the table with this game!

Few prev picks from incoming bosses here:

[​IMG]

17. Panicci

Dec 29, 2012
    CEO of my own company
    Finland
    hmm what would you suggest? Should we like give the player +50/+100 on every stat depending if you start on act 2 or act 3? I'm open for ideas :p

also i agree with you, I'm struggling with the same thing on normal lol

18. SonixManix

Nov 21, 2013
    When do you predict the update will go live?

19. ItouchBrett

Dec 28, 2008
    Well we could go with that. I would test maybe +50 to all stats? You need that extra little boost. It's way to grindy the way it is now. It's beatable, but I'll feel lucky with the relics. Hmmm

20. ItouchBrett

Dec 28, 2008
    Also, need the reduction of damage from the blue lasers to be optimized. 1 hit and you're gone.