Hero of Sparta: Price Drop ($0.99)!

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by yourofl10, Jan 14, 2009.

1. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    #1 Top Paid app. WOW!! It was well worth the $5.99, 99 Cents is a steal. I cant believe Gameloft would do this....:eek::rolleyes::confused:

2. DaveMc99

DaveMc99 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
    #122 DaveMc99, Jun 27, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2009
    Does anyone prefer this game to Assassin's Creed?

3. BadSanta

BadSanta Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Milan,Italy
    Very low framerate compared to how it runs on my ipod touch 2g before the 3.0 update...

4. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    Not even close. AC blows it out of the water in every way. That said, HoS is a lot of fun and worth much more than $.99.

5. sf49lu

sf49lu Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    Sylvania, OH
    Hey guys i just have one quick question... I just noticed that i only hear the game music and no sounds of sword slashing or sounds of hits. Is this just the way it was made or is it a problem with one of my settings? Thanks

6. sf49lu

sf49lu Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    Sylvania, OH
  7. iReview

iReview Well-Known Member

May 25, 2009
    My Hero Of Sparta Review

I grabbed the sword from my side and swung it in front of me, defending myself from the heavy, fierce blow of the beast’s claw. I felt a sharp jab in my wrist and knew I had been struck. I winced in pain. The thunder roared across the purple sky, and was followed by a wild lightning bolt in the distance. The thunderous sounds sounded the same as the beasts roar as it leaned in closer with its mind set in finishing me off. I fell to my knees, pulled the sword behind me and pushed forward with all my might, sending the sword through the beast’s stomach. I heard a grunt emit as it toppled to the ground and closed its eyes. I stared at the sword, debating on whether to pull it out. I looked away and walked into the fields, followed by the clearing of the sky and the silence of the cold, still air.
    [​IMG]
    Do you expect me to say I loved the game? Do you want me to say it was the best game I have ever played? I hope you don’t, because that is not what you are going to hear from me. This game was bought with high hopes, and those hopes, after a while of play, became hopes that I could soon get a refund. This game was not what I anticipated for it to be. The graphics may not be the most exceeding, compared to what could have been seen on other platforms, but that is not in all of their faults due to the capability of the iPhone software, but inside of me I felt they could have stepped it up a notch. To me, the music that would have fit perfectly would have to be the intense, suspenseful music from Pocket Monkey Game’s: Sparta. The controls aren’t bad, but they aren’t anything to rave about. The user interface fits the theme and basically just fits in. If you were to ask about how much fun I had playing this game, you probably wouldn’t be hearing a whole lot. The re playability is low, if it at all exists. Generally, I really did not like this game.
    [​IMG]
    The presentation at first was solid, a great intro and a menu that was up to par, but the game did not really give me a whole lot to smile at. The re playability is very low, and the graphics could have been a bit better, but they are fine for the mobile gaming industry. I could have done with a different soundtrack, a more suspenseful intense beat to play to, but it fits it all-right. The controls are okay, but I felt like I was running around pounding on the same button sometimes. I give this game a 2 out of 5.

8. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    you should definitely be hearing sound effects and not just music

9. sf49lu

sf49lu Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    Sylvania, OH
    Oic well that sucks... But thanks for answering my question. It only took about a week lol

10. Devilishly Good

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    there are separate sliders for sfx sounds vs music...are both of those at the same level?

11. MrDark

MrDark Well-Known Member

May 3, 2009
    copy from iTune: Average rating for all versions: 4 STARS 684 ratings

so your 2 stars represent only yourself, but not us. c'mon 680+ rating for average 4 stars must be good. and now it is 99 cents

12. Aurora

Aurora Well-Known Member

I read through iReview's review and he's basically just repeating the same few points over and over again to make it seem complex, when it's not: satisfactory graphics, so-so controls, bad music, and low replayability. I didn't find any details about how the game is played, so it's not really a useful review.
    The game's controls are a bit flawed in that the character is sometimes not responsive after attacking, which makes getting hit really easy. The music is fine in my opinion; this is not an RPG, it's one of those one-button hacking games, music is not an important element. The graphics are one of the best of its genre. Replayability is low with any games of its genre, where you press one button to slash everyone while the game aims for you.
    In all the game does well in its genre and definitely worth $0.99, but the genre itself makes it a play-it-once game.

13. Devilishly Good

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    back on sale for 99 cents!!!