Hero of Sparta: Price Drop ($0.99)!

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by yourofl10, Jan 14, 2009.

1. The Game Reaper

The Game Reaper Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    The Emerald Isle
  2. 'Jeep

'Jeep Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    U.K.
    $0.99 buys you CJS, Let's Golf, HOS,... :eek: :eek: :eek:

3. Owen

Owen Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    I do not play enough games on my iPhone so now I just wait for anything I might be interested to drop to 99 cents so this was a welcome drop as the free version was way too short.

4. dacool561

dacool561 Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2009
    #44 dacool561, Jun 23, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2009
    i'm still showing 5.99 when i goto the hero of sparta page, but the search shows it as 99cents =/ if i buy it which will i get charged?

EDIT:
    Decided to take a chance and was just charged 99cents according to my purchase history!

5. Aurora

Aurora Well-Known Member

It looks like Gameloft is either in a self-destructive pattern or they're really desperate for sales.

6. Conan

Conan Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2009

Sorry guys but this game sucks. I bought it thinking it would be the same fun as zombieville USA.

I think it's the worst game I bought, it's not fun AT ALL and I played it maybe 4-5 times before stopping because I was furious spending my money in that game.

Play isotope, this is a REALLY good game :) :) :) :)

7. skamando

skamando Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Student
    Folsom, CA
    This is hero of sparta, not Sparta Lords of War. Confusing, yes I know. But this looks nice.

8. Conan

Conan Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2009
    OOOOOooooOOOOoooopppppssssss !!!!!!!

Sorry you're right ;)

9. Icy_fighter

Icy_fighter Well-Known Member

May 25, 2009
    Ahh gameloft is now my favorite game maker. I really hope they drop brothers in arms, the Oregon trail, rise of empires, and assassins creed to 99 cents. >:)

10. theone1007

theone1007 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    Even their really bad mobile versions for like the RAZR are $4... I think they're clearing the way for new stuff. Like HoS 2 and Let's Golf 2 and Asphalt 5 (that's coming) and the list goes on.

11. OahuSurf

OahuSurf Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2008
    Maybe they plan to suck everyone into their games at 99 cents then slam us with tons of pay to play content.

12. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    We can always choose not to buy the DLC.

I think they're doing stock clearance to make way for the sequels: with better graphics for 3G S.

13. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    I.... Just... bought this.... yesterday... at full price.....

*sigh* God damnit. God f*cking damnit.

14. zipper

zipper Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    I'm not sure how i feel about how the 3G S will play into the appsstore. Obviously, it's faster and is more capable, but how will developers utilize it? The touch and iphone 3g market is pretty big compared to the 3G S, I wonder how long it will take for 3G S only games to be released.

15. SoCal_Sponger

SoCal_Sponger Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2009
    hmm looks like I wont be buying any Gameloft games soon (like I havent). Ill wait for AC and Terminator to drop to $1 too...

16. FlawlessCowboy

FlawlessCowboy Active Member

Jun 9, 2009
    When I search for this on the UK Appstore, it shows up at 59p. However when I click on it the prices is £3.49. What gives?

17. AttackOfThePwned

AttackOfThePwned Well-Known Member

May 28, 2009
    Photographer
    San Francisco, CA
    Well Hero was at $5.99 for 6 months I think. My guess..

Terminator will end it's theater run soon, a price drop on the game will probably come when the DVD is released.

AC will stay at $5.99 for a while, maybe till end of year. AC 2 will come out and if Gameloft is going to bring that sequel to the iDevice, that would be the time to drop the originals price.

18. SoCal_Sponger

SoCal_Sponger Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2009
    Well Im thinking its all based on sales, not release date. Lets Golf was released not too long ago, and Hero of Sparta (released like September of last year) just had its sale today. So its definitely not based on release date, but profits. If no one buys Gameloft games anymore, they will have the sale sooner.

19. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    What's with Gameloft lately...

20. Moonmist

Moonmist Well-Known Member

May 13, 2009
    at my computer?
    Nice. I loved the lite version of this but it was WAAAAY to short, and this game was a little too much.

I kinda feel bad "stealing" this and let's golf in the same week... but I guess if you think I probably wouldn't have bought either at their normal price then Gameloft made $2 off me that they wouldn't have before.