Universal Hero Generations (By Heart Shaped Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Aug 18, 2016.

1. CalinR

CalinR Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Criminal Defense Attorney
    U.S.
    #101 CalinR, Aug 22, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2016
    That was the default for me too, but I'm a PC gamer so my personal preference in new games is to crank the settings up to max, and then work down from there until it runs well. Some games haven indicators that say recommended by some settings, and some, the smart ones, default to optimal gfx on install. That's what this one did, but crashed when I tried to run it above what it detected, that's how I figured out to stop the crashes.

To clarify for others, the game runs flawlessly on an iPad 3, with a 9.3.4 OS.

I'd also like to add that the mover generations you survive consecutively, the more buildings open up on the long run, allowing you more specialized customization, which is a neat way to do character building.

2. HeartShapedGames

HeartShapedGames Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2016
    Game Developer
    Okay thanks for clarifying. I just added the notice in our description about minimum hardware, and updated it to allow for iPad 3. It might take a few hours to make it's way into the app store.

Glad you're enjoying the game.

3. Dharma

Dharma New Member

Aug 22, 2016
    Town on fire

Some of my towns just burst into flame and all my adjecent buildings are just gone! I figure it's part of the game design, but can anyone tell me how to prevent this from happening? It just keep happening to few selected towns and not others, can't figure out why.

4. Ijipop

Ijipop Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    It has something to do with the awakening of the Demon Lord in the Lava map.
    But still haven't beat him.
    Good luck!

5. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Are the 4x elements too hard? The doubt is preventing me to hit the purchase button.

6. charlesatan

charlesatan Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2013
    They're not hard per se, but they are puzzle-y (which build do I prioritize?) so for me it can be the frustration of a tower defense game, but it's not about difficulty to grasp per se.

7. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Still not that far in and have been playing it off and on on both PC and iOS versions, confident they're both the identical game with only the UI modified to fit better with each platform.

My best hope to summarize it I guess would be as a very puzzley Civlite/Roguelite that from fairly shallow mechanics adds up to something much deeper.

At the basest level it is simply a matter of visiting nearby little points of interest as efficiently as possible to earn enough fame to wed a local partner and thus retire your current hero and restart as your offspring. The only thing that really can kill you is running out of life before you settle down, but even if defeated by some of the game's bigger baddies, it's just a few years off your total lifespan, far from an actual run ender. If playing safely it is quite easy to do just enough to get by and find a mate, make a new generation, and just let yourself get stuck in a tight little rut. Ideally you'll need to explore different regions, access treasure, build up your towns so as to create even better offspring, and thus go after bigger quests.

8. HeartShapedGames

Apr 6, 2016
    Game Developer
    #108 HeartShapedGames, Sep 1, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2016
    Hero Generations Update (v1.02) is now live on the App Store. We directly addressed two of the biggest issues this community asked for (fixed Pinch-zoom and clearer end-game), so thank you to everyone that feedback. Here is the full change list. Thanks and keep the feedback coming.

FULL CHANGE LIST
    -Pinch-zoom is more responsive and behaves as expected.
    -A new camera Cutscene plays to highlight the end bosses' special attack. A new "toast" message with a clue also appears.
    -Highlight effects on mates could sometimes not appear when selecting them in towns.
    -All clear style quests (Oasis, Lairs, Sword In The Stone, etc) now behave as expected, and do not continue to give fame at the start of new generations while in the cleared state.
    -Oasis quests in the Island world now clear individually, instead of when all Oasis nodes are cleared.
    -Fixed situation where "Traits Full" option window would stay present past town screen.
    -Added error catching for any save game loading issues. A message box appears with more info and instructions on how to report bugs.
    -Removed debug command for toggling the UI on/off from production.
    -World quests such as "Kill All Bosses" now track/reload properly. Existing save files will update to track existing progress.
    -Special Events list for new generations save properly, so events that are chosen are consistent.
    -Backend changes that should improve reliability of Game Center achievements. Continuing to investigate the need for further fixes.
    -Potential fix for Music getting out of sync/cutting out.
    -Polish: fix for flickering tattoo sprites on characters.
    -Polish: Shields now sit in front of arms to better look like the shield is being held by the character.

9. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Hmmm... Anyone else still finding the pinch/zoom a little wonky. Better... But still wonky. Like it snaps outta place when I lift my fingers off the screen...

10. TokyoDan

TokyoDan Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2010
    Is this the same game as Hero Generatiosn: Regen ?

11. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
  12. esty8nine

esty8nine Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Thanks for the update! Haven't tried it yet but faster gameplay ?! Yea please

13. HeartShapedGames

Apr 6, 2016
    Game Developer
    October Update is now available!

Hi All -

We wanted to let you know our October update is now available on iOS! We added new content, speed improvements, combat changes, bug fixes and a lot more. Below is the full change list. Let us know what you think and if there's anything you'd like to see added/changed in the next update!

Also, ICYMI, Hero Generations is now in open beta on Google Play! That means you can play the near-final Android version right now (including this October update), but we still have some final testing and device compatibility to work through before we launch everywhere. As a thank you to those that play during the beta, we’ve made the game 20% off until we release! We feel great about the version that’s live, but if you see any issues on your device, please let us know.

FULL CHANGE LIST
    - Combat sequence has been sped up (faster entry, faster exit, faster resolution animations).
    - Heroes and enemy NPCs can achieve critical hits if their strength roll result is 50 or more above their opponent’s. Critical hits add 5 to damage. We spent some time looking for ways to make combat faster, more interesting, and less tedious later in the game. Critical hits reward you for building up your strength, and remove many repeat combat sequences later in the game when you have grown beyond most enemies in your world area.
    - Sai, a new weapon that has a 25% chance of adding a +5 lifespan damage critical hit in combat.
    - Raider, a new trait that enables hero to steal items from the enemy in combat.
    - Purple Skull Item — The Gift of Longevity
    - Gift of longevity now makes all cards in the mating flip game hold lifespan bonuses, if the item is held at the end of a generation.
    - Added two special graphics modes (PC/Mac/Linux only due to performance impact on mobile): Black & White and Vintage. Modes can be toggled in settings and are unlocked by finishing (dying) games.
    - Oracle now passes on wisdom about secrets in the game when it receives a letter.
    - Improved clarity of deliver letter quest by highlighting the drop off destination with a cut scene.
    - Clearing an Oasis has a different set of loot to drop, and is now more likely to give Keys.
    - Gift shops now periodically have trait books for sale.
    - Character items and traits now shown in save game slot.
    - Fixed French language bug that caused crash after 2nd generation.
    - Fixed crash bug with boss destroying barracks nodes.
    - Fixed out of sync music bug.
    - Fixed color animation text bug.
    - Added new tip message about crafting towns for new players.
    - Steam Achievement bugs should now be addressed.
    - Reduced the size of the game package and reduced loading times.
    - Minor improvements to translations across all supported languages based on feedback.
    - Some objects in the game with low res sidebar portraits have been improved.

Help us spread the word with retweets! https://twitter.com/heartshapedgame/status/784051897862877184

Thank you for your support and happy exploring! <3

14. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Anyone else having black screen issues after finding a mate?

15. DLark

DLark Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2014
    Is the problem with teleport station fix?

16. HeartShapedGames

Apr 6, 2016
    Game Developer
    Hi syntheticvoid - We haven't seen this bug yet. Can you tell me what device you're using and any other information that may help reproduce the bug? You can post it here or send it to our support inbox at [email protected]. Thank you!

17. HeartShapedGames

Apr 6, 2016
    Game Developer
    Hi DLark - Still working on this one!

18. HeartShapedGames

Apr 6, 2016
    Game Developer
    Fully Releasing on Android and New Update coming

We're happy to announce the Android version of Hero Generations will be fully released this Wednesday on the Google Play Store!

Both the iOS and Android versions will include a small update that includes a variety of balance improvements, bug fixes, and polish changes.

Thanks so much for all of your support and feedback! We're so happy to bring the game to Android users.
    -HSG Team

[​IMG]

19. Lickzy

Lickzy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 28, 2013
    Director of Sales
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    So after seeig the game updated I thought I would dust it off and give it another shot. It's been months since I last played it and all but forgot The mechanics so I watched a quick YouTube video.

A few hours later I have killed the end boss with my highest fame run being 52,000.

So now what am I to do? Is there an end game to this at all?