Universal Hero Generations (By Heart Shaped Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Aug 18, 2016.

1. HeartShapedGames

HeartShapedGames Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2016
    Game Developer
    Definitely in the process, and will continue to tackle bugs and push out updates. We're tracking bug reports (even casual comments in forums) to figure out all the issues people may be having, but reaching out to [email protected] with more detailed info would help us get them fixed faster! Appreciate you guys checking out the game!

2. StratAll

StratAll Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2009
    Hey, great game. I own the original on steam and got this one as well for on the go. This edition feels more streamlined and fills the screen better.

Don't know if this has been mentioned but there is a bug with achievement unlocking. I got to fifth generation and the gamecenter splash gave me the one for 30 gens. When i built a monument it said i had defeated a monster.

3. HeartShapedGames

Apr 6, 2016
    Game Developer
    Glad you're enjoying it!

Yes we've seen a few reports about mis-matched achievement unlocks (i.e. you did complete an achievement, it just unlocked the wrong one). Working on it!

4. Ijipop

Ijipop Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    #84 Ijipop, Aug 20, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2016
    Anyone please!!!

Tavern :

Tavern mates leave in 5 years and....

?????leave in 5 years????

5. charlesatan

charlesatan Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2013
    It's so that you have a quicker "refresh" cycle if you find a town and the mate there doesn't have the characteristics you're looking for (or has difficult requirements).

6. Ijipop

Ijipop Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Thanks!!!!

7. Ijipop

Ijipop Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Sorry to bother again but... Why are my village burning???
    I construct something, 2-3-4 turns, pfrrrrr on fire.
    Don't seems to be any firemen available#

8. HeartShapedGames

Apr 6, 2016
    Game Developer
    Hey ljipop! There are a couple of things that could be happening:

1) The buildings around the town have a lifecycle, just like your hero. They could be at the end of their life. But more likely...
    2) Towns will implode when you reach a certain generation. How many generations are you in? Sounds like you're pretty far into the game and the doom tower clock is starting to have some negative effects on your world. Without spoiling things, you should experiment and explore around the volcano world. The solution to this is something we don't want to spoil though. It is meant to be challenging and just know their is a solution.

9. DLark

DLark Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2014
    I have problem with station that will teleport to other town. There is no to demolish it if i want to re-route the destination. If one of the station lifespan expired, the other won't reset and I am left with a dead station occupying the space.

Issue with burning city, i tried building cathedral around the city but it just won't negate the effect. In the description, it says will negate the ghost town effect. The town sprite did change to a normal but the burning still occur. The town keep burning the surrounding in 10-20 turns.

I also have difficulty with long pressing and zoom. Other than that, great game. Hope the issue will be fix soon.

10. Ijipop

Ijipop Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Hahahaha
    Generations 24
    And it's obviously the second choice!
    I knew that countdown meant something
    Didn't knew hell would be unleash!

Thanks for the answer! Will dig in lava land!

11. charlesatan

Jun 5, 2013
    I wish this was conveyed more transparently in the game, that "an event" was causing the destruction of towns.

Thanks.

12. TheGanner

TheGanner Member

May 18, 2014
    Is there any way to add minimum damage to your hero? It's incredibly frustrating to take the time to beef up a hero to 100+ dmg, and even with traits like Warrior 2 and a weapon, to still roll a 0 and die to some 0-1 dmg enemy. I could even almost live with that randomness, but the game feels incredibly punishing when you get to the 13th generation or around there. Certain mobs seem to spawn infinitely, and even if you just ignore them and try and prevent doom from happening, black clouds make it all but impossible to keep your hero alive long enough to do that. And if doom does come, then it's basically gg because your towns insta-die whenever you build anything. Sorry if that doesn't make a lot of sense, but I'm trying to avoid spoilers. Anyway, I really do like the game, but the inability to add to a hero's min dmg makes everything feel so random and completely up to chance, which especially sucks when the game just shits on you every chance it gets in the later generations.

13. Ijipop

Ijipop Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012

You can add minimum dmg to your hero.
    For exemple if you build 3 circus around a town you get 18 "perks" to choose from when starting with a new hero. Most of the times I can start with 6-7 base dmg, 110 hp, 5000 gold and 2 good items.

And you can build an Academy wich raise your minimum dmg.

14. Ijipop

Ijipop Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    #94 Ijipop, Aug 21, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
    Warning, may contain spoilers.

Warning, may contain spoilers.

Ok.
    Been playing for at least 15 hours now.

I can say it out loud without being shy.
    This game is solid. Not perfect by any means.
    But definitly a masterpiece.

I have a folder filled over the years with "cult classic, must play, must never delete games."
    Well it's already in there.
    Right next to Canabalt, Plague inc., Badland, super Hexagon, Out There, 868-Hack, Wayward souls and Hoplite just to name a few!

This game brings me back to my SNES years, where you had to actually play the games to learn it's mechanism and secrets. No gamefaqs no nothing!
    People got lazy over the years...
    Hey it took me 2 years to finaly finish Castlevania 2 Simon's Quest. I was 9 but still...

Wich brings me to...

I'm not sure how I must approach this beast.
    In a near future I will, "beat the game".
    Then what?
    Is this a High score chaser game?
    If it's the case, once you know what and when to build and upgrade you follow the same recipe every time and hope to beat your previous score? If it's the case it's fine with me but it surely takes a lot of time!

Or is it like Civilization?
    You win, then start again because the ride is so much fun?

The demon that start wrecking your town is like a countdown of some sorts?
    Finish the last boss under 15-20 turns or suffer a big penalty?

So every game is a race to kill that bad boy?

And last but not least!
    Is there plans to add another game mode?
    A bit like civilization, with enemy building towns, trying to steal yours etc etc etc?
    Or any other mode?

If you read between the lines, I just don't want this game to end.

Definitly my GOTY, with Imbroglio.
    (Though Death Road to Canada is coming!!!)

Just my ten cents!

Forgive my english, not my main Language!

15. CalinR

CalinR Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Criminal Defense Attorney
    U.S.
    Game crashes on new generation game start if your device doesn't meet whatever minimum requirements this game has.

I'm running an iPad 3 (no great expectations here) but OS 9.3.4. I had to fiddle around with the settings a few times until I could figure out why.

Runs fine otherwise, but it really should have a minimum technical specification requirements like every other mobile game has on its store page.

16. HeartShapedGames

Apr 6, 2016
    Game Developer
    #96 HeartShapedGames, Aug 21, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
    I am actually in the process of determining exactly where the minimum specs are. This report was super helpful as I have an iPad 2 which will load the main menu but not the main game. I believe the issue is directly tied to how much memory your device has available (either in total, or combined with other apps running in the background).

My current plan is to add "*** Recommended minimum hardware: iPad 4, iPhone 5, iPad Mini 2 ***" to the top of our description soon, until I can test/ hear proof of lower end devices being viable.

Are you saying the iPad 3 game does work with certain settings off, or that you would classify that as a device the game does not load on?

Data is also appreciated on iPad Mini's - I have not played it on many.

17. HeartShapedGames

Apr 6, 2016
    Game Developer
    Can't thank you enough for the high praise. I've worked really hard on the design, and your experience matches my intent.

I'll hold off for now from providing any more hints on the secrets of the end game, but I am monitoring and looking at ways to potentially add more "clues" into future updates.

18. CalinR

CalinR Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Criminal Defense Attorney
    U.S.
    No worries, I'm the guy with the huge steam post, I dig the game for the most part, and wanted to bring it to your attention.

Very happy I was inadvertently helpful.

19. Ijipop

Ijipop Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    For the pinch zoom problem.

You just have to put one finger on the screen, scroll the map just a little then put your second finger and zoom in zoom out is possible.

If that can help.

20. charlesatan

Jun 5, 2013
    Strange. It's running fine on my iPad 3, and I'm on the latest OS. (the extra settings are turned off)