Universal Hero Emblems II by HeatPot Games (WIP)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by ginokuo, Sep 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Glad to see the progress. Thanks!

2. doink123

doink123 Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2010
    ginokuo, I'm a huge fan of HE and I've been waiting for HE2 since the announcement in 2016. I'm also a game developer and I know how hard it is and how much time it takes to create a high quality game. And HE2 is not only this good, but it looks and feels like it's a step beyond. From what I see, I believe it's going to be the best match-3 rpg out there!

3. Rohit Bhatia

Rohit Bhatia Member

Jun 17, 2016
    Male
    Youtube
    India
    Any word on Android version Heatpot Games?

J05H likes this.
  4. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Luckily I still haven’t finished the first one, so I’m busy playing that while waiting.
    HE2 looks absolutely amazing.

Gambler likes this.
  5. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Thanks for the update! However, I still miss the original artist. The new art just isn't as good.

If I may make a suggestion, at least get the character portraits touched up or redone. They look a bit off imo. Maybe simplistic? Not sure what the word would be. Western? It looks like simple art I'd find on a flash game on Newgrounds. The first game was simplistic art but it's different from HE2's style.

6. Gambler

Gambler Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
    #66 Gambler, Jan 26, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2020

What did I say. Do I get an achievement? ;)

P.S.: I‘m afraid Heatpot is reaching a worse and worse time the farther they have to push this release date. Time for 99% of premium releases hasn‘t been this rosy for quite a while now (replaced by iAP and subscription models) but now with Apple Arcade (Game Club’s seems to be playing to a different audience) it‘s looking even worse. It’s still far from a safe bet that AA’s gonna be a success but the next few years are probably gonna be an even tougher terrain for any premium standalone release.

stubbieoz likes this.
  7. ginokuo

ginokuo Active Member
    Patreon Bronze

Hi all,

This is the latest development update of 2020.
    First, we plan to release HE2 in SUMMER 2021.
    Please be patient and stay tuned.

Here is a new gameplay footage to show something new : You can arrange the party members for active members and standby members before into the battle stage. As you can see, the new 7th hero debuted is a frog bard. We will give more detail about the heroes later before release.

Besides, HE1 is on sale at 75% off before January 3, 2021. Don't miss out if you or your friends still don't have it.

Lastly, we would like to thank you for supporting us all the way.
    We'll try our best to make HE2 and hope it will be awesome.
    Thank you! !

8. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Went through the whole thread to refresh my memory. I literally spent like an hour tweaking this post. Couldn’t force myself to post it. Went from excited to understanding to supportive to snarky to angry to disbelieving to hopeless and back and forth. To be honest I don’t even know what to say. Well, at least thanks for the update I guess. So, yeah.

9. Havelcek

Havelcek Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 30, 2013
    Its because I decided to set that $5 on fire last week rather than buy another match-3 game =P

J05H likes this.
  10. J05H

J05H Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2017

4 years later...

Gambler likes this.
  11. Gambler

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
    #71 Gambler, Dec 24, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2020
    Oh man, that would be awesome. Wasn’t sure it would still happen but finally getting a planned rough release date is a really good sign. Just went through the old posts in this thread and that‘s the first time since 2016 when they planned for sometimes during 2017. The last post somewhat regarding an ETA was from November 10th 2017 apologizing that HE2 will never be released in 2017.

So this is definitively good news. Just really hope the timeline will roughly hold this time.

12. doink123

Jan 8, 2010
    Hi ginokuo,
    any updates on the release? Is it coming soon?

13. Gambler

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
    i can‘t wait for this game. Alas ginokuo virtually never answers questions here. Often he gives small updates, usually when he hasn‘t posted for about a year. But alas I’ve never witnessed him answering any query about the progress of the game's development. Just hope there isn‘t a major delay again. But then again, the game‘s already 4 years late from its first supposed release date and apparently they are still working on it. Hopefully we really get lucky and summer 2021 finally is the time Hero Emblems 2 gets released ... I‘m crossing my fingers.

14. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    Man I got baited just like the other suckers who are going to click on this thread thinking there was an update! LMAO I think it’s a 2-man team or something if I remember (don’t quote me it’s been many years) and yeah life happens sometimes. The original HE (prior to easy mode updates) will go down in my history of greatest games to beat on iOS and I felt the most accomplished beating it pre-rework! I think I was the 2nd person on TA to beat it and clocked 30+ hours getting all the goodies lol

houseofg, aussiepaul and Gambler like this.
  15. Gambler

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
    You can be quoted ;)

The devs are two brothers - Been a long time for me as well, but that much I remember from HE1 :)

aconfusedkender likes this.
  16. Gambler

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
    And yeiah, completely agree, the easy mode update was completely unnecessary. They tried to appease players who whined about the game being too hard. Which it never was - It‘s challenging but as long as you pay attention and deploy a decent tactic the game rather gets too easy than too hard with time (at least was that way for me, more with every new playthrough).

lBut guess they attempted to pick up the casual crowd as well, even though imo that was a fool‘s errand: The game is what it is, a challenging but fair match3/RPG which is easy to learn but hard to master. I‘ve been an iOS gamer for over a decade now and for me HE1 still is one of the best games released on the platform. Besides, as there are already enough Candy Crushes and Angry Birds, an easy mode was really the last thing such an extensive yet still accessible game like Hero Emblems was in need of.

And yeah, sorry, I feel your pain :D Everytime I post here I have a bit of a bad conscience as most people probably see a new notification for the thread and hope for the final release date ... Or at least a great update. But then it‘s just a posting from a bozo like me ;)

But hey, ginokuo gave a approx release date for the first time in 4 years - Would be a great summer gift if the game really, finally would release within the next months.

aconfusedkender likes this.
  17. doink123

Jan 8, 2010
    Indeed, HE1 is one of the best games on iOS. Great story, great gameplay, great adventure. I do agree there is no need for an easy mode.

houseofg likes this.
  18. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    I’m with you gambler! I’ve been an iPhone “exclusionist” since the 2nd model and have spent way too much money on the App Store over the years hahaha. That’s okay though I’ve played some absolute GEMS over the years and have no regrets. I wish Gino had one more brother to help them get this going but alas we are just chicks in a nest waiting for daddy to feed us...don’t ask I wake n baked (; I wish more people weren’t so damn picky about spending 4-5 bucks on a fantastic title. We’ve watched the App Store turn into a garbage heap of freemium games over the last 6-7 years and a lot of these indie developers who don’t want to go freemium get left behind sadly.

Gambler and aussiepaul like this.
  19. Aurelien.L

Aurelien.L Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2014
    HE2 ! HE2 !

20. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Ugh :(