Universal Hero Emblems II (by HeatPot Games Ltd.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jun 22, 2022.

1. Hulkino

Hulkino Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2016
    I just noticed a patch came out for cutscenes bug fix…Maybe a skip button?

2. davagorn

davagorn Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Not sure of the name, but it's on the southern tip of the continent, in a little log cabin.

3. davagorn

davagorn Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Finally made it into Ilzura Pyramid...big map!

4. Pagan Fox

Pagan Fox Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2012
    Ten hours in now and still enjoying. (Unfortunately I dont have the luxury of spending a whole day gaming anymore)
    However, I am enjoying HEII more than the first game mainly due to the swapping characters mechanic which adds a whole new level of strategy for me.

Solarclipse, Hulkino and squarezero like this.
  5. ImLegend

ImLegend Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2010
    #165 ImLegend, Jul 2, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2022
    Any tips for beating the giant purple dragon, the Spirit Drake, in Crystal Cavern, he killed my whole team in one hit that over 500+ damage

6. ImLegend

Jun 26, 2010
    #166 ImLegend, Jul 2, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2022
    Can you give me the exact name of the forest?
    There is another carven blocked by electric that I got a Fantasy Cloak from a boss to bypass it
    UPDATE: found it, got a Fantasy Snowboot quest item that allow me to go thru the fire, thanks

when you say the find weakness card, you mean the Detection card in Ultra Emblem for Odelia? I dont know how it works honestly, it just causing damage but don’t have info for weakness???

7. ImLegend

Jun 26, 2010

Finally I beat the Spirit Drake
    the strategy post in the comment and description of the vid, enjoy!

stubbieoz likes this.
  8. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I really need to get around to starting this one, I bought AA again and keep playing some of those I haven’t tried before and this is just sitting there waiting.

Although some of the comments made me wonder if it’s worth my time but I’m starting to think it is.

9. Hulkino

Hulkino Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2016
    I was thinking the same few days ago but i can assure you once you reach around level 10 for your characters and got some good skills the game begins to shine!

ste86uk likes this.
  10. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    You know the little number underneath an enemy that shows how many turns until they attack? If they have a weakness you don’t know there will be a second box that is black. Once you have found the weakness it will have a symbol to remind you…but not all the symbols are clear. I saw a red one that I thought was fire but it was something else. Others like a snowflake are pretty clear

11. Roxton

Roxton Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jan 30, 2015
    The optional fight for this was brutal, but it’s a gratifying reward.

Attached Files:

Solarclipse and Anotherkellydown like this.
  12. Roxton

Roxton Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jan 30, 2015
    #172 Roxton, Jul 4, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2022
    Are there any new shops accessible by airship? There’s a dwarven forest where the gold flows like honey, but in the absence of a place to spend it, it seems mean.
    Maybe just an opportunity to buy pots for the endgame.

Edit: Oh! The final area has a shop. Of course.
    Guys, don’t grind for final gear money. Loot the dwarven forest.

13. Rosso

Rosso Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2010
    I really adore the game. BUT:

- how can this not have a skip-cutscene-functionality? Or speed up? Anything! This gets really annoying in some places

- I find it really really bad how quests are (not) managed at all. There is no quest log, if I am correct. And then you get all these "!" markers on the map, but you never really know which quest they are referring to. And in some locations you don't even know what that "!" means. Go where? Exit the location at A/B/C/whatever? Or go to a "red dot"?

- balancing seems to get more off the more far you get into the game (played around 12 hours now)

I think its really odd that the above has not been thought of when developing this game. Hope it will be patched.

stubbieoz, aussiepaul and Hulkino like this.
  14. nupraptor

nupraptor Member

Nov 6, 2010
    Found it - it is called Vencio Forrest with an entrance just bellow the volcano; then there is a Secret Valley (B) which leads to the small house.

15. BlueTrin

BlueTrin Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    Game is good, I think it could use an icon to say that a quest is too hard for our level.

loads of trying to find which quest/map is too hard

stubbieoz and Hulkino like this.
  16. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    I am thinking I should put on that detector skill for odelia a bit when going to a new area, because knowing the weakness can make a big difference. Still, I’m not having too much trouble. When I get to a new area, I tend to do a side quest or two between story quests.

I do do find that odelia and Lucian are overlevelled compared to the rest because they are just more essential. But as I progress, With Dolores level two heal/defense skill she is becoming a better stand in, and Abner is great with the hex removal…it even takes out those…hexes? I guess that you have to get rid of like keys. And there are some fights where an enemy—like the trolls—rebuff an entire row or column, and Dolores’ cure is great for that.

I do wonder if there are strategies we may not be recognizing or tools not utilizing. I know I tend to be stingy with items, but using one or two of the antidote types can really make a huge difference and is worth it.

BlueTrin likes this.
  17. BlueTrin

Jun 21, 2012
    #177 BlueTrin, Jul 4, 2022
    Solar
    i think you make all good points.

the potions are very good, I definitely prioritise the defense: my standard setup is Lucien+ Odelia, I use as well Zack as a heavy hitter.

I am very early in the game: I disliked using the potions because they are so expensive. I find that they are best to avoid a critical character KO.

i find it hard to counter the freeze fast enough on some bosses but I think I may be underlevelled for some of the bosses.

one thing is dislike is that grinding is fairly slow, but it seems to get better as you level up. Grinding nets you fairly few coins at my level, so it makes buying potions a bit off putting.

edit: I didn’t know about the detector skill for odelia

18. Roxton

Roxton Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jan 30, 2015
    Tips:
    1) Always run Odelia.

2) Don’t always run Lucien.
    Shields only work against physical damage. You can usually survive 7 rounds without him while you figure out how necessary shields are.

3) You should be using the retreat option a lot.
    I wish I had figured this out before reaching the desert.
    Retreating against main map enemies is a no-brainer. Retreat, tune your skills, attack again. It’ll save you loads of time. It can mean the difference between a 40 minute battle and an 8 minute battle.
    Retreating in a dungeon seems counterproductive, but it’s not. You get full XP for killed mobs. When you go back in with a tuned group, not only will you sprint through the trash mobs faster, but the encounter rate is halved on cleared waypoints.

4) Always upgrade (body) armor before weapons.
    Body armor upgrades are super valuable.
    I always buy skills first, though, since they’re cheap and my completionist brain demands it.

5) Anti-debuff becomes super important in mid-game, onwards.
    You can set up debuffs skills situationally, following tip #3. But in midgame, it can be nice to have Frogboi on standby with both skills dedicated to debuff.
    Sell jewelry you don’t expect to use, but don’t throw out jewelry that protects against chain, dark thorns, or frost. Full sets of anti-debuff gear can trivialize certain bosses.

6) Quests
    Recap
    ?: Side quest
    !: Main quest
    Side quests are always gained and finished at the inn.
    Main quests are generally easier than side quests. Side quests with main-map enemies are hardest of all.
    I tend to run back to town after each quest to continue gear upgrades.

7) Complete every map.
    Use the minimap! Completionism pays. There’s gear and bonus dialogue/lore for the taking.

8) Blue bar enemies
    If you encounter an enemy with a blue bar under its health bar, find its weakness. Confusingly, an enemy can be weak to a damage type without that damage type being its weakness. Depleting the blue bar will generally yield a really good reward.

9) Basic battle tips:
    Matching a star with a star gives you four ultimates.
    Always try for stars. Any time you have XXOX, either vertically or horizontally, see if it’s possible to get XXOXX, and then get an X alongside.
    Otherwise, go for the move that’s likely to result in a large chain, so as to reset the board and try for another star.
    Caveat: You’ll often need to go explicitly for a 4-length or L-shaped debuff (or weakness dmg type) emblem.
    I’d often start boss battles with 8 stars piled up.
    Use stars to defeat groups of treasure gnomes. You’re liable to get more than one star back.

Raztog, Exile, rslowe and 5 others like this.
  19. Roxton

Roxton Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jan 30, 2015
    #179 Roxton, Jul 4, 2022
    Oh, of special note.
    The emblems that fall from the top of the screen aren’t random. The game enforces a balance of emblems. So if you want, say, swords to fall to help complete a 5-match, then match some swords.

Edit: Also, when you get Dark Reflection on Moira, cherish it. Damage reflection works wonders on enemies immune to basic attacks.

20. BlueTrin

Jun 21, 2012
    Wow didn’t know that you could match two 5 stars emblems to trigger the 4 ultimates

that’s a total game changer for me, you can accumulate them during the dungeon when you are allowed to before the last fight …

thanks