Universal Hero Emblems II (by HeatPot Games Ltd.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jun 22, 2022.

1. Brightsiderus

Brightsiderus Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2017
    So I uh… spent 45 hours in game to reach final boss. And can’t defeat him. He is strong

2. Zeratulz

Zeratulz Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2010
    Spent countless hours on the first. Spent almost the whole day during work playing this. Up to the Bat with the gem. Just like the first one, this is challenging. Trying to save / stack upgraded gems, using them wisely, etc. and sometimes a little bad rng can kick your butt. Overall so glad to see this released, I honestly didn't think they'd make a part 2.

3. Gus_SWE

Gus_SWE Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2022
    Male
    That’s a oxymoron if I ever saw one. What did you expect?

4. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    5AC9C16B-3014-48EF-829C-328E8D849E70.jpeg

5. ImLegend

ImLegend Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2010
  6. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    My apologies for getting the terms wrong…

When selecting “cards” for the first four characters how do I equip and are they actually one time use cards? Also when buying weapons it shows when buying who to
    Equip it to buy after that I guess you can equip to any character you want?

How do you see the added “value” for offense or defense with new weapons to see if I have selected the right weapons for the right characters…

Sorry, Dad if 4 year old with little time to game so just playing 15 - 20 mins a day if I’m lucky…

7. Brightsiderus

Feb 1, 2017
    I didn’t expect that it will be crazy hard. Just hard.
    He just throws every possible hexes at me and I don’t even know which charm to equip, what tactics should I use, and if I can ever win this battle

8. Gus_SWE

Jun 25, 2022
    Male
    Haha I just found your comment funny thats all. It is the final boss after all. To expect him beeing easy after getting through the rest of the game that is pretty hard just made me smile. You sounded so defeated and sad. Maybe I have a wierd type of humour. :D

9. nupraptor

nupraptor Member

Nov 6, 2010
    20 hours in. In many ways it is what I was expecting and waiting for so, so, SO LONG - awesome visuals, great music, fun match-3, RPG progression and it is quite a long journey. Of course I'm enjoying the game. Of course. Of course! However, 7-years in the making?! This is more like Hero Emblems 1.5 or the sequel that should be released a year after the original Hero Emblems. It may sound as a blasphemy, but leaving the hype from the surprise release it is a rehash in so many ways on so many levels.

10. Brightsiderus

Feb 1, 2017
    Well, yeah. It’s really tiresome to fight that boss. It has at least two stages, and the party is already half-dead after first fight. and second boss stage guards against normal attacks (0 damage) and heals himself for 5k in some time. Of course I’m tired, I have defeated almost every boss from third try maximum.

11. Zeratulz

Zeratulz Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2010
    #131 Zeratulz, Jun 28, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2022
    I know it's relative and all but what's everyone's favorite party setup so far?

Oh and debuffs...debuffs everywhere!

12. Gus_SWE

Jun 25, 2022
    Male
    I have not played it yet, so there is that, but I get the same feeling as you. To me it looks like Hero Emblems 1 with a minor makeover. One would think that in 7 years ( :D ) they could have made a bit more then this, but hey, the game is probably fun anyway. Just like HE 1 was. In any way, I hold back until it’s on sale and have got a few updates.

13. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

macplash likes this.
  14. Gus_SWE

Jun 25, 2022
    Male
    I have read the review. But that is like preach to the choir. HE2 are probably a fun game just like it’s predecessor, but that doesn’t automatically make it a great game. Nor does it excuse lazy developing or coding. To me this looks like HE1 with a paint job. :)

Also ”seven years in development”… who claimed that? The developer? :D

15. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Jesus. This game was made by 2 people. It is an astoundingly large game. All of the character art, backgrounds, overworld map, UI elements, etc. All that stuff takes time to make. Then there's the fact that once you've made the actual game, you need to try and go through it and balance every battle, every boss fight, every weapon or armor or item. This is a game that is on par content-wise and presentation-wise with games made by teams of dozens if not hundreds of people.

Yes, 6 years is a long time, but cut them a freaking break for crying out loud.

Imagine someone going to school in their spare time, working nights and weekends outside of their full time job and everyday life, to earn themselves a degree. Perhaps that takes them 6 or 8 or 10 years. Then imagine calling that person lazy because it took them so long to accomplish their goal. Like WTAF.

16. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Hell yeah! You tell him Jared.:cool:

17. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    If there is one thing that HE2 is not, it’s HE1 with a paint job. With a few exceptions, every aspect of the original game has been evolved and expanded — from core mechanics to the storytelling approach to voice and tone. There not one iota of laziness on display.

Whether the game is for you is a different story…

Solarclipse, stubbieoz and aussiepaul like this.
  18. Gus_SWE

Jun 25, 2022
    Male
    Whoa! Whats up with all the massive hostility. Jesus.

All I’m saying is you gotto see things for what they are. Not just give in to the ”general opinion” like some simple sheep following the herd. Chill out ffs.

:)

19. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Got ten hours out of this, but am now deleting. Can’t get past the fact that, at the end of the day, the only substantive role I play is match three on a fairly limited grid. (With some character swapping in some situations etc). I don’t feel I have much influence over the grid, or as if choices within it are particularly meaningful. I’ve consequently got the “dirty” feeling after a burst of gameplay that accompanies clickers + similar - yeah, it’s pushed my endorphin buttons, but requires very little thought, engagement or skill. It’s - for me - a timewaster, not a rewarding endeavour.

Obvs glad others are enjoying it. I’ve clearly got ten hours of something out of it.

Yeah.

Enjoy!

sakara214ever likes this.
  20. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    If you want to troll I'll kindly ask you to go somewhere else and do it. The statement you just made doesn't even make sense.