Universal Hero Emblems II (by HeatPot Games Ltd.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jun 22, 2022.

1. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Apologies if I’ve missed this earlier In the thread, but what’s the deal with Barrels?
    I understand getting the keys to the bottom (same as the first game), but the barrels just seem to count down and I can’t stop it.

thanks in advance

2. Rocksaint

Rocksaint Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    It worked. Would’ve never figured it out myself. Thanks.

3. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    I would like to know for sure as well.
    I believe you need to match 3 symbols around them for them to go away. But I don’t know what the counter is for as I’ve been too scared to let it drop down to zero. :confused:

4. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    There is a health bar for the barrel.
    I think the counter is for the barrel to drop something special.

5. Hulkino

Hulkino Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2016
    Oh my…I barely got 4000 gold in a 2hour session…

6. Brightsiderus

Brightsiderus Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2017
    #106 Brightsiderus, Jun 27, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2022
    Well, the game auto saves after every battle so you can exit game and return. But this stage had like four or five bosses, three of them had an ability to guard against normal attacks (0 damage) and can be damaged just with special attacks.

But yeah, it really tiring to play some bosses, because there are some nasty ones, usually I spend about 20 minutes to defeat them. Maybe I could do it faster, but I have Odelia and Lucien in the party to replenish health/defense, while two other deal damage. Also I need to get rid of all those curses and hexes and stuff to avoid being defeated

7. Brightsiderus

Feb 1, 2017
    When you will progress in the game, you’ll earn more money, but you need to spend more money too XD

@Jstorm barrels need to be broken before countdown ends. Though they usually have star emblem or food to replenish health.

Hulkino likes this.
  8. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Barrels drop special items or possibly just money (as it seems for me). You match the tiles exactly around it with ATTACK emblems to attack the barrel and destroy it. When the countdown expires the barrel will just disappear and you won't be able to get the items.

9. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    The length of the battles definitely seems way longer than HE1. I don't even remember dungeons taking this long to explore. However it's not necessarily bad as it gives you more playtime and more strategy, especially for bosses. I just got stuck on the turtle shell side quest and had to keep swapping out dead members multiple times and BARELY won. For the healer, you have to go all in on cleansing skills - it's near impossible if you don't have any cleanse with the enemy abnormal status spam.

In HE1, if one member goes down I've lost almost all hope, so the swap mechanic is definitely a crucial new gameplay mechanic to overcome the increased difficulty. However, the reward was very good and it felt like a great accomplishment.

That being said, there's a point when battles might be too long. 1 hour is definitely too much. I think a hard dungeon+battle should take around 30 minutes at most. Especially since you can't save mid-way.

10. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    I thought a boss fight lasted much longer in HE1. I still remember a boss fight that lasted an hour, and it was the boss alone.

11. Brightsiderus

Feb 1, 2017
    Again, there’s auto save before every battle in dungeon.
    Also, cleansing skill won’t do any good by itself. There will be another useful skill for Odelia – resurrection. Must have for her.

12. Pagan Fox

Pagan Fox Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2012
    Ouch, the troll sure hits hard. My first total wipeout. Maybe i need to level up some more and get better gear.

13. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Cleansing does tons of good by itself. It's arguably the most important skill in the entire game. Resurrection might be good but that's implying you're just constantly dying. Having more cleanse will prevent you from dying. The reason I'm dying 90% of the time is not because my board is getting full of status effects. For instance a boss freezing up almost half my board so my matching becomes useless. Swapping out units can help save you from needing to constantly resurrect. In fact, I'm waiting to find a cleanse ult skill for the healer because I'd prefer that over just mass healing.

Again, there's different ways to play.

davagorn likes this.
  14. Hulkino

Hulkino Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2016
    Once the skip button for the already seen cutscenes will be put in, my score for the game will be 10 cum laude!!

davagorn likes this.
  15. Brightsiderus

Feb 1, 2017
    But you DO die a lot. I have High Ressurection as Odelia star power, which grants every member of current party a possibility to resurrect. With this skill I rarely change party members at all

16. Havelcek

Havelcek Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 30, 2013
    What is the hex/debuff that has a flashing dark blue background and looks like electricity on the emblem itself?

17. Brightsiderus

Feb 1, 2017
    Paralysis. Or do you mean blue thunder? It deals damage to the party and should be dropped to the bottom of the field

18. Havelcek

Havelcek Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 30, 2013
    it must be paralysis…thanks

19. Roxton

Roxton Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jan 30, 2015
    Is there any indication of what different debuffs do against monsters?

20. Brightsiderus

Feb 1, 2017
    Nope