Universal Hero Emblems II (by HeatPot Games Ltd.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jun 22, 2022.

1. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    The only reason this came to my mind was as that actually happened to me. I was doing fine during my first playthrough up to the point I couldn't progress anymore, I struggled hard so I deleted the game. I came back to it months later, started a new game to freshen up my skills and went back to my previous cloud save just to realize there was an emblem missing. Just saying - could've happened to the best of us. But if you're sure you didn't miss anything, as I said already, there's no sudden increase in difficulty. I finished the first game 6-7 times to this day (as I mentioned it previously), so I believe I'd find a glitch or discrepancy if there were any.

If this is the only reason you're holding back with the purchase of the sequel - don't! You're missing out a lot. There's no point waiting for sale that might come months later just to save a buck or two. Game's been under developement for 6 years. It's here now. The hype's here right now. You don't wanna miss out on it. Trust me.;)

2. Gus_SWE

Gus_SWE Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2022
    Male
    It’s weird, because I really enjoyed the game for plenty of hours up to that point, where it just felt like I ran into a brick wall.

Well, I just might have to get onboard this hypetrain then.

3. se99jmk

se99jmk Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2010
    Worked it out (though not managed to beat the boss yet!), but at least I know what to aim for…

SUPER annoying:
    A) have to climb whole tower every time
    B) have to listen to entire cut scene (with no skip) every time, even though seen previously

good game though, recommended!!

Hulkino and macplash like this.
  4. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    #84 Solarclipse, Jun 25, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2022
    I just beat the spark boss and the ogre. One thing I have a bad habit of is hoarding my consumables. Although you only have four slots for them, the items stack. You just have to wait two turns between use, so using that antidote really helped a lot, along with have two purifying cards for the white mage.

use S emblems with shield when you can…
    Focus on getting rid of those spark orbs when they show up—I had two of them on me at one point!
    I’ve also been focusing more on getting match 4 and L & T then I did before.
    The distance you need to go before the boss is kind of perfect because you do get a chance to build up some powerful emblems going into the battle having 2 or 3 super emblems is a big help.

edit: you can only have four items in your battle inventory at a time, the stack doesn’t load…the two was for item number two and not a cooldown

5. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Thanks - and is the DP proportional (ie having more absorbs a greater proportion of incoming damage) or absolute (ie, if you only have 1 you still receive full damage reduction)? Or… just like another layer of hp?

My broader sense is that if you don’t need to have any awareness of any of this in order to perform almost flawlessly (insofar as a succession of mostly As and Ss with only two retreats @ unexpected boss fights) in the first 5-6 hours then perhaps the game isn’t that nuanced, or these features - certainly in early game - aren’t that important. This is occupying a brainless post-dysmantle niche for me at the moment. Perhaps - hopefully! - that may shift.

6. Brightsiderus

Brightsiderus Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2017
    #86 Brightsiderus, Jun 26, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2022
    Well, A is not a bad thing. You need to level up and it’s a good way to do it. Plus, you can get more star emblems along the way. And money.
    Money is always an issue in this game. I collected 400k gold and all I could purchase is three weapons and 3 sets of armor.

7. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Thanks! Totally missed the map.. ughh! Will make my life waaaay easier and not feel lost, confused, etc…!! Hahah!

8. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Thanks! Totally missed this in the tutorial… I wonder if I missed anything else in the tutorial…??

9. se99jmk

Mar 1, 2010
    Hmm, in storage I can see they stack, but couldn’t get them to stack in the four slots - dragging same item into same slot doesn’t appear to work?

and true about needing some battles to build up before the boss is helpful!

10. se99jmk

Mar 1, 2010
    Hero Emblems tweet referred to “Mystery chests on the world map” - has anyone found any of these?

I haven’t explored all spots in a given area - just the quest ones - wondering if the non-quest paths may have a hidden chest…?

11. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I believe when you go to "dead ends" or spots in corners of the map with no town / objective, sometimes there's a chest there. I've found a couple.

davagorn and aussiepaul like this.
  12. Brightsiderus

Feb 1, 2017
    Finally. 36 hours and going to the last piece of story. Really annoying that 1 million gold was spent on 4 weapons and sets of armor.
    Also, fights are getting boring. 20 minutes for one boss? Holy carp

MellySmellyBelly likes this.
  13. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    #93 macplash, Jun 26, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2022
    Since I can't beat first boss (main quest), bat holding the gem or ogre (side quests), I'm just so envious of your progress. And I bought everything from the shop I possibly could. The sequel definitely feels more difficult and there are small things that annoys me constantly. I'm sure these issues will get ironed out eventually, it's just I'm not having as much fun as I was hoping for. Instead I'm getting easily frustrated. Just like with the first game right after release, LOL. History repeats itself I guess. Doesn't mean I'm planning to quit. Just saying, I envy you.:)

—-
    EDIT: of course right after posting this I went back to game and managed to defeat the ogre and get that gem from the bat on my first attempt.. so typical.:rolleyes:

Solarclipse likes this.
  14. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Aw thanks! I try my best. I'm only about 5 hours into the game now but you can definitely ask questions if there's something you don't understand. But I'm sure there's plenty of other people here that can help as well. It seems they answered your question before I could :D

15. DeathProofNinjaX

DeathProofNinjaX Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2018
    Male
    match 3 never been my cup of tea. i bit the bullet and got the game after going through the hype in this forum. Holy Cow!!!! this is by far the best purchase i made this year so far. so addictive. I still wish this game gets journals to track the tasks after leaving "home"

16. Rocksaint

Rocksaint Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    How do you acquire the gem from the bat boss for a side quest? I have probably killed the bat like 5x times (not easy I might add) but I can’t seem to get the gem in order to complete the side quest. Am I missing something?

17. Brightsiderus

Feb 1, 2017
    You need to find bats weakness and deplete blue bar till you get notification that you got the gem

Rocksaint likes this.
  18. Brightsiderus

Feb 1, 2017
    It’s getting harder with every “dungeon”. I’m just lucky and spend a lot of time to beat bosses.
    Screenshot is from near end-game (like, three or four hours ago, lol)
    E78533AC-576F-4497-89B5-458127AE5EBD.jpeg

19. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @Brightsiderus are you kidding me? Almost 600 moves and 1 hour 20 minutes spent in a battle? That's ridiculous! Such long sessions would be too much even for a AAA console game. For a proper mobile experience, this game obviously needs some serious tweaking.

20. jkluk23

jkluk23 Active Member

Mar 13, 2014
    I just have to stop playing to say how much I am enjoying this game. It is phenomenal, like can’t stop playing it, like favorite for game of the year phenomenal. It’s just SO good. (Translation, but give it time).

L.Lawliet likes this.