Universal Hero Emblems II (by HeatPot Games Ltd.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jun 22, 2022.

1. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    It gets more complex, but the approach to the puzzle mechanics is different from other similar games. You have spells and skills that have an impact on combat and change the board — but they’re associated with puzzle moves, rather than direct player actions. There’s a lot of emphasis on buffs and debuffs, rather than more literal
    puzzle interactions.

2. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Well, they do, but the different skills are associated with how many emblems you match. For example, hearts always heal, but if you match four, you will generate special hearts that, with the right spells/skills equipped, will activate buffs, clear conditions, etc. Also, in HE 1 at least, the defense character will attack if you match shields when the shield gauge is full.

dukat111 likes this.
  3. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

Loving the new graphic style! Coming off of the first Hero Emblems just a few months ago, the changes are apparent. The town menus took a bit of playing around with until I understood how to navigate the weapons, armor, skills, selling items, etc. but it clicked after a few minutes.

I just had a new member join my party for a total of five. We were about to leave Doltnith town on an adventure to the west but I figured that was a good place to stop for today (work :mad:).

Overall, the core mechanics seem to be the same for the most part which is a good thing, IMO. Kinda like more of the same with a fresh coat of paint. Agree on some minor translation errors but it’s far and away better than some games I’ve seen in that regard.

Just make sure you buy gear when you can and balance out everyone’s loadout before heading out. Related side note: it seems like whenever I save up to buy a piece of equipment I get it free from chests shortly after. It only happened once so far and I was able to use the extra piece on another party member so it wasn’t a big deal.

If you liked Hero Emblems, I promise you you’ll be happy with what HeatPot Games has done with this sequel.

gaberaph, houseofg and aussiepaul like this.
  4. adamgirgenti

adamgirgenti New Member

May 8, 2012
    Having an issue where the game isn’t reading my “clicking” on locations to send my crew on the main map. Have tried closing out and restarting the app. Anyone else having this issue?

5. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

Is it the one in the mountains to the west (over the bridge)? If so, I wondered the same thing until I realized it was a mission I can’t do yet. Other than that I haven’t had any issues.

6. adamgirgenti

adamgirgenti New Member

May 8, 2012
    So what am I supposed to do then? I might be being dim but I’m lost as to where to go next? Both the quest from the man in the tavern (the ?) and then I’d assume main quest (the !) are unclickable

7. doink123

doink123 Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2010
    I've had two such issues.

* First issue was when the map was zoomed out. The dots on the road weren't visible and clickable. Try zooming in the map. The dots should become clickable again.

* Second time was when I tried to go on the far left of the map for one of the quests and the tapping on the quest's exclamation mark didn't work. What I had to do is tap near the bridge in the middle of the map. After the heroes went on the other side of the bridge the quest on the left became clickable.

8. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    This! You can’t just tap on the exclamation or question mark if there’s no direct way. In this case you need to tap the bridge first to cross it, then the rest of the area (to the west) becomes available. Same for going back. You need to tap the bridge first. Tapping on town won’t work.

houseofg, aussiepaul and L.Lawliet like this.
  9. Gambler

Gambler Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
    #29 Gambler, Jun 23, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2022
    It’s downloading, I can’t believe it. I’m so happy, loved the first and now the second finally arrived after such a long time … Think my life will only consist of work, (little) sleep and HE2 for the next few weeks xD

So hyped! Just hope it sells well, Heatpot would already have deserved a fortune for HE1 … Alas it’s long been a pretty bad time for premium games. Even though this is anectodal evidence, besides myself and the probably comparatively (to other devices) rather small TA community I don’t know anybody who plays or buys mobile premium games anymore :(

Eg I introduced a (27year old) buddy of mine to Hero Emblems 1, Watcher Chronicles and a few other premium games. He plays a lot of Switch, Xbox and f2p crap like Pokemon GO. He loved HE1 for example, but still he’d never ever buy it himself or pay for any other mobile/iOS game upfront, no matter how good … And that even though he shells out lots of money for more expensive Switch or XBox titles. And I only know people who are like him. Really sucks.

But hope Heatpot maybe releases on the Switch - I want them to make lots of money to quickly develop HE3 :D

gaberaph and Anotherkellydown like this.
  10. Thedrawguy

Thedrawguy Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2019
    Male
    I am really enjoying the game! The changes to gameplay is refreshing.

I can’t understand how they can spend all these years polishing the game,
    only to have poor English translation. I can’t say I noticed it that much in the first game, but it sticks out like a sore thumb here.

I am looking forward to playing more when time permits.

11. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I did notice a major flaw, there's no way to go to your status / equipment menu when in town. I think that was a major oversight. Hopefully the dev will notice and add it later. It's troublesome to have to leave the town in order to go through your status menu, as there's some things you can only do there.

You can go to the weapon equip screen in say the weapon shop but that's the only screen you have access to. Not being able to go to the status menu in town is a really odd design.

Also it would be easier if weapon / armor increases showed + XXX (number) when you are looking to equip. It's kind of hard to gauge how much things go up aside from equipping items back and forth and seeing how much they increase or decrease.

houseofg, Anotherkellydown and Duke12 like this.
  12. ShinHadoukin

ShinHadoukin Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2015
    The only change I want (and in part 1) is not needing to confirm when you choose a dot to move to on the map. I am fine with it if it's a story location, but just to move around to level up always confirming the move is a little annoying. Not a major issue at all, but would be nice.

13. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    Am I just dumb or can you only change chars in battle if one is dead? Also I wish movement on the map would be a little faster

14. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    Wish list: To be able to sell old equipment.

15. Brightsiderus

Brightsiderus Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2017
    You can sell it, lol. Look at the bubbles in the upper half of the screen when shopping

houseofg and slewis7 like this.
  16. Brightsiderus

Brightsiderus Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2017
    Not dumb, just unskilled. You can change characters if next conditions are met:
    1) timer on backup characters is gone
    2) the character you want to replace is not afflicted by debuffs.
    That is all

aussiepaul and Duke12 like this.
  17. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    I might be misunderstand what you are referring to but I find it quite easy to compare equipment for sale and what you have equipped by tapping on the equipment icon above your characters when in the shop.

And just to add…… this game is fantastic.
    The first boss I encountered wiped me out, but that was my fault. I had neglected to equip some items I had in my inventory, mainly due to not understanding the interface completely.
    It’s not that the interface is complicated, just that some parts are not explained. But you soon get used to it all and when you do it is very easy to get the hang of.

I also love that if you don’t manage to get a chest key to open a chest you can just go back and try again during the same run. I don’t remember the first having that option.

Oh and cloud save across devices works perfect.

Very, very happy with my purchase. If you liked the first you will love this. It has the same feel and gameplay as the first.
    I have my fingers crossed that it becomes a financial success for the company. We need more premium mobile games like this that we used to get way back in the past.

Very happy to uninstall Diablo Immoral from my iPad to make space for this gem. :D

18. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    Thanks. Must have been debuffs then.

19. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    #39 L.Lawliet, Jun 24, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2022
    My main issue is having to tap back and fourth between items in the equip screen. Especially if you have items with mixed stats (one part good / one part bad). You have to look at the amount of stat boost on each item and compare them by tapping back and fourth. It would be easier if it just say PhysDef +20 MagDef -3 when tapping to equip, instead of just showing me this equipment's stats like PhysDef 28 MagDef 8.

The green and red arrows are simple ways to help with this, but don't help that much if the differences are negligible, for example if MagDef is only lowered by 1 it's a red arrow but that's not much of a loss if the PhysDef has a way higher boost. That's why just seeing +20 -3 would be way more helpful instead of having to tap back and fourth and do some quick math in your head to see the stat boost difference.

Also if equips have only a few points difference, showing + and - is much better. Because if something only gives you +2 +1 over you previous equipment, then it's not really that great even if it shows you both postiive green arrows.

[​IMG]
    This would be my suggestion. They could even take it a step further and show the numbers on the right changing when you tap the equipment. Currently, the numbers on the right only show your stats of what you have currently equipped, and don't change unless you hit equip.

But the game is still playable and amazing, I'm just suggesting some QOL improvements. The + and - is very common to see in RPGs these days. I do wish they had recruited some TA beta testers. They could've recommended some of these and even pointed out the grammar mistakes and misspellings here and there. :p

20. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Oh, now I understand and agree.
    Funny enough I just had that happen right now with some armour I removed from one character and was comparing it to another characters armour. I had to do some mental arithmetic to work out which was better.

L.Lawliet likes this.