Universal Hero Emblems (by HeatPot Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ojtitus, Jan 8, 2015.

1. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Let me know what you think. Hopefully you like it. If you don't, I apologize. It's one game I would never remove from my phone.

2. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    #1302 L.Lawliet, Dec 23, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2020
    On a separate note, this may be an unpopular opinion but I'm a bit disappointed in the art direction of HE2. HE1 has such adorable and charming art while showing incredible quality. The art is has changed plenty in HE2. The portrait art in particular (the chibi and full body shots). Not sure what happened. It looks passable but it really reminds me of art I'd see on random games on Newgrounds or Armor Games. It doesn't have the same quality as HE1. The sprites look to emulate HE1's but aren't there yet. Even the world map looks much better in HE1 (check the beginning of the thread when many of us were gushing about how beautiful the map looked). The original art seemed to have its own charm and personality.

That being said, games with not-so-great art can be amazing with good gameplay so I'm sure HE2 will still be good. I'm still smashing the buy button when it releases.

3. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    It’s absolutely worth a dollar! I mean, the dialogue is funny sometimes, it’s got charm for sure, but most of the time I end up tapping through it to get to the next battle. I’ve always disliked those games that don’t allow you to move pieces that aren’t a match, but maybe it’s just because I suck at making matches while planning ahead. It always seems lucky to me that tiles are where they are, more like a word search than actually making words, know what I mean?
    But it’s fun and I’ll surely finish it.

I also usually only play rogue like or replayable/random games on mobile, and save story “one time play through” games for switch. But for the sale price, it’s a must-own.

4. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    #1304 houseofg, Aug 2, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2021
    SO....I finally finished this game, I think...? I put it down for years, out of frustration with the Dragon King run from hell. I decided to pick it back up a few days ago and, lo and behold, despite being incredibly rusty at this game and forgetting what does what, other than the obvious functions of the symbols, I took that f'er down and even had one potion left to spare. Fortunately I already had my optimum buildout saved from...2016 I guess. Took about 10 runs but I finally did it! Since this is one of my all time favorite games, that felt like a prized accomplishment.

IS that indeed the last stage, such that there is nothing we can actually do with the Dragon King emblem other than go relive past fights?

EDIT: Guess I wasn't done. I found exclamation points to lead me to the Magic Ruins which led me to a black dragon boss that gave Elsa's Emblem of Ultra Magic. Looks like I'm still short Trista's ultra emblem, but don't see anymore exclamation points to lead me anywhere else (never mind, had to get back on the ship to see the relevant port).

5. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

#1305 Anotherkellydown, Feb 14, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2022
    I bought this when it first came out but never finished it. Not even close. I started playing again last week and have put over 9 hours into it. It’s still one of the best matching RPG (if not the best) on the App Store and one of my all-time favorite games in general. I decided to record some gameplay to give the thread a bump in case there are people that haven’t heard of it. I’m hoping the new one comes out still. It was announced as a 2021 release, but that has come and gone. Anyway, enjoy the gameplay video!

L.Lawliet and ThirdMoon like this.
  6. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    #1306 houseofg, Feb 15, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2022
    Yeah I got back into it again per my above post.. And then accidentally deleted my save game when selecting it to start up the game. That's right, not only did I press delete, I also confirmed, all in about half a second. That's the wrong kind of twitch action there! Sigh... I wouldn't have it in me to start all over.

Anotherkellydown likes this.
  7. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

Ouch - Sounds like something I would do. Lol

houseofg likes this.
  8. Gerson

Gerson Member

Nov 23, 2021
    Male
    #1308 Gerson, Apr 13, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2023
    hello, I finished the game for the 4th time and there is still a game center achievement missing, does anyone know? 28678.jpg

sebgo likes this.
  9. sebgo

sebgo Well-Known Member

#1309 sebgo, Apr 15, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2023
    I hate it when devs add achievements like that. Guessing the stupid thing is like 99% of the process.

I gave up on hidden achievements long ago (I barely try hard with ones that are stated, tbh). Maybe try contacting the devs or perform a Google search of the [full] achievements list.

https://www.heatpotgames.com/contact-us.html

Gerson likes this.
  10. Gerson

Gerson Member

Nov 23, 2021
    Male
    after a lot of research on the internet and even getting in touch with the devs, I found out by looking at the achievements of other players, it was the achievement for completing the tutorial that I always skipped

sebgo likes this.