Universal Hero Emblems (by HeatPot Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ojtitus, Jan 8, 2015.

1. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    I stopped playing this game when it became crazy hard for me a couple of days after its release. Now I see it's on sale and reviewing update history it says there were some balance adjustments and multiple difficulties added. Is it any easier now compared to the first version? I'm thinking to start playing again and buy a few copies as a gift for friends, but I really don't want to read through 120 pages to find out what I'm looking for. Thanks in advance!

2. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    The game now has a casual mode where if you die in a dungeon you retain all xp, items and gold you gained before dying. I think casual mode also has some nerfs for the enemies but I'm not sure.

3. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    sapphire_neo OMG, that's exactly what I was looking for when the game came out (and obviously wasn't the only one), thanks a lot for clarifying!

4. You do need to start over if you want casual mode, though.

So..:anyone manage to beat that last dungeon on expert? It's too fast for me!

5. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    I haven't played any further, trying to juggle Transistor, Xenowerk and Crowntakers.

6. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    I haven't even gotten past the first new boss yet, but I've only made about 4 runs at it. Thanks for the guide such that I know to bring the ice brigade!

I love the challenge of this game but don't see much entertainment value in the trial and error of determining proper elements for the boss.

7. Ahhhhhhh!!!! I managed to finally make it to the final boss after a gazillion tries and I didn't stand a chance against him. :(

8. netmute

netmute Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2012
    Found a game stopping bug. The sea monster boss killed my party, but instead of showing the "failed" screen nothing happens at all.

9. blebhertz

blebhertz Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2010
    this is retarded.. i can't find the 2nd dungeon

i got the last rune for my warrior, where do i go for the other 3??

10. #1210 AppUnwrapper, Jun 24, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2015
    Ahhhhhhh!!!! I finally beat the
    skeleton dragon
    and decided to continue (dumb!) and then died. Sob.

Edit: Oh! I get to choose between two areas now. All is not lost. :)

11. epratama

epratama Member

Jun 17, 2015
    #1211 epratama, Jun 24, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2015
    yay

ah i finally beat all the dragon bosses!!
    i think there are 4 bosses in total and each one has different element.

there are some mini bosses as well along the way. :D

12. Zenfar

Zenfar Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2010
    Male
    Developer
    http://www.zenfar.com
    What a massive game!! This one is a modern classic! Boss battles are on point!

13. I think I'm on the last one. I think the last dungeon added like 15 hours to my total playtime. But I've gotten so much better at these timed battles.

14. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    Finally got around to beating the third emblem dungeon. Is there any reason to go back in for chests or steals?

15. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    Jeez, this final dungeon is a little crazy. But it definitely adds something new to the game. I would have liked it more if the enemies also had timers, in a sense such that you could take as many turns as you want as long as you were fast enough. Right now there's a punishment for being slow but no reward for being fast.

16. I absolutely hated it at first. Then I played for a few hours and got really into it. Seriously, the game needs an endless arena mode for both the timed and un-timed versions and I'd never need any other match-three games.

17. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    I could only get the first dragon down to quarter of its health. All my units are level 33, should I grind? Also not sure what skills I should bring in.

18. I didn't grind. I just kept retrying until I got better and faster. I can't remember which skills I used. Should have made a note.

19. farmboy74

farmboy74 Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2011
    Uk
    Just completed this excellent game and it turns out I was in casual mode!!, still took me me 54 hours and plenty of patience

20. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Where do you find the level 10 emblems? I am looking everywhere!!! The extra levels are too hard for me with the level 9 emblems.