Universal Hero Emblems (by HeatPot Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ojtitus, Jan 8, 2015.

1. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    Look in the Infinite Warrior BattleMage thread, they asked me for a code for that too via PM.

2. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet

4 Hours wow!! is it almost beat? I wonder how long this game is!

3. Chiller ONE

Chiller ONE Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    Wow this looks amazing!
    Unfortunately I can't buy it, the game is there but when I tap buy I just get an error message.
    :(

4. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    The dev said 15+ hours if you don't fail and skip side quests. If that's true that's a ridiculous amount of content. If you grind it should be even longer.

Dev also said there's multiple endings O_O

5. There is a huge map. And I've been grinding quite a bit.
    I'm still not sure how the multiple paths works out. The few times I tried taking A vs B (after failing on one), it led to the same boss.

6. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I havent even left the first huge island. When i scroll the map around i only have access to 1/4th the map which suggests it's quite long.

7. gemineye62

gemineye62 Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2010
    Okay, I usually don't get caught up in the forum comments that people make
    but, there is just too much love for this game going around.

Seeing the game running in a video also sold me.

Bought!!!

Thanks

8. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    Okay I did a little grinding and returned to beat that boss in the Crystal Caverns. I got lucky collecting 2 supers leading up to him so I used the barrier twice. :D Really good match 3 game.

9. Capronissimo71

Capronissimo71 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2011
    Male
    Italy
    What's the issue with the error message while trying to buy the game?

10. Nergal

Nergal Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2014
    Another App Store first for us Canadians. We now have games such as this one, costing $3.49, where as games used to cost by the dollar, they're now charging the extra half dollar. Not bank breaking by any means, but UGH!
    At least there's good games like this showing up, well I'm guessing by the comments and screenshots, a definite buy for me

11. Azi

Azi Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2014
    Wow, really well made game. I absolutely love that's it's a complete package. No IAPs, just you and skill without feeling like you're getting shafted.

If you love Match 3s and have been looking for one that isn't just a simple 8-bit clone but a fully realised game with a slightly corny story this is game for you.

It's actually pretty funny :/

One of the best games I've purchased in awhile that I know I'll be grinding away at just because it's fun!

12. Xandrak

Xandrak Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2013
    Users I respect are saying really good things. Match 3 isn't my thing but that's enough to make me pick it up.

13. Hambo12

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    Match 3 RPG have been done before so this is nothing new but the way it all comes together. Look at the animations they are so cute and everything has life to it it's game of the week for sure!!!!

14. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I think it may lead to the same boss but the enemies are different. For instance the first spot you start at I cannot beat the A path. However I switched to B and can beat though (though both are still hard at my level).

That guy is a mega butt hole. I was more upset that I have to keep unlocking the chests every time I lost. Good thing I was able to beat him on the second try because I spent 30 minutes or so inbetween grinding (and having fun). I do notice that the difficulty is upped so as to make you actually think about what to match instead of ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK. The most valuable tile I believe is the shield tile. And the MVP is definitely the Paladin. You need to utilize him to survive. And the barrier is a life saver. It's even better than attack spells at times.

Even though 2015 just started, this is a heavy contender for GOTY for me. Great it's indie as well. Something REALLY good has to come along to top this right now..

15. Hambo12

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet

You know how I know when you really love a game? You keep commenting on it like me :) like chaos rings 3 for example

16. turakm

turakm Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    One of the best I've played in awhile

17. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    I'm with Xandrak..instabought on the strength of the comments here.

..and really like it!

18. Graev

Graev Member

Jan 2, 2015
    Really fun but the engrish is pretty strong with this one.

"Father, so this shall be the permission to go outside the castle, isn't it?"

Kinda hilarious.

19. blue rocket

blue rocket Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2013
    not sure who here has played King Cashing 2, but that was probably the all time best IOS RPG game I had played up until this point (it used a slot mechanic to beat enemies).

Hero Emblems is that level of good, if not even better. One of the first games since Wayward Souls that I felt was a "real" game.

I'm about 3 hours in and haven't even gotten very far, i can tell i've got hours and hours to go, plus I enjoy grinding :)

20. Azi

Azi Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2014
    #80 Azi, Jan 9, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2015
    a few tips;

1. Get the Paladin equiped as soon as possible. He's your key to survival early game (can't speak much about late game yet)

2. Most story quests lead to some sort of mini boss who's fkn hard if you play dumb. So the trick I've found is to constantly try to build S Tiles (5 in a row) and don't use them as your tile set stays with you until the end of the quest. I've been able to build 8 S Tiles in a game with a little skill and a lot of luck.

3. Use the S Tiles to activate a forcefield which prevents all dmg. Once the field is out pop another one. Very important as mini bosses hit very, very hard and this just negates them while you drill away at them.

4. Using a S Tile on another S Tile activates all your champions S Tile abilities!