Hero Academy Tourney Round 3

Discussion in 'MMO Codes and 'Add Me' Requests' started by ArtNJ, Feb 15, 2012.

1. DaviddesJ

DaviddesJ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    If everyone quits, I'd have to say there's no winner. Sometimes you plan to have a tournament and it just doesn't work out. If three of the four finalists don't want to play, well, sometimes the initial burst of enthusiasm for a game doesn't endure for the long run.

2. mr.Ugly

mr.Ugly Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Berlin, Germany
    pffzz then you win of course.. if participan x does not play due to whatever reason ( sun doestn shine, butterfly got sqashed by windshield etc.) its surely not your fault.. so why should you be punished..

there where enough dropouts due to the slow play.. if it comes to an (auto) resign so be it..

my 2 cents

3. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey

To be clear, I dont care if the tournament is a nullity or not, but the League is playing around 100 games a day, so it isnt that the "initial burse of enthusiams for a game" isnt enduring as a whole, its that the finalists happened to get tired of the game. Bad luck perhaps.

Its all good, no one really cares, no hurt feelings, feel free to move on with life, the universe and everything :)

4. DaviddesJ

Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    I don't think that's different from what I meant. When you start a tournament that's going to run for a month or three, it's hard to predict which of the starting players will stick it out to the end. The people who are enthusiastic about a game when it's new aren't necessarily the same people who are enthusiastic two months later.

Anyway, Narziss is active again, it's my turn now, I will try to keep up a reasonable pace (at least one move per day) and see if he can do the same. I'd certainly rather finish the games, now that we've gotten this far.

5. DaviddesJ

Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    I'm not confident that it's a coincidence that the people who play slower, do better in the tournament, but are also more likely to get bored with the game.

Anyway, both games are active now, we'll see how it goes.

6. Narziss

Narziss Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2009
    Yeah, and since this tournament has started I've written a 150 page thesis, wrote two essays of 20 and 40 pages in length for graduate seminars, and taught a class.

7. DaviddesJ

Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    Ah, but you're not at the top of the Hero Academy League charts. Where are your priorities?

8. Narziss

Nov 28, 2009
    And now graduation is this weekend, and with family visiting, things will be a little slow for a few days. At least afterwards, I will be free of things I have to focus on exclusively.

9. Narziss

Nov 28, 2009
    So busy with graduation and people visiting that it looks like I accidentally dropped the ball on one of the games. Oh well... hmm...

I guess this was getting to a certain point....

10. DaviddesJ

Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    One game finally reached the 14-day timeout and Narziss auto-resigned. The other is still technically in progress but I think this is the end of the tournament.