Hero Academy Tourney Round 3

Discussion in 'MMO Codes and 'Add Me' Requests' started by ArtNJ, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Juuicetin

Juuicetin Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2010
    #81 Juuicetin, Feb 23, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2012
    I just came to check up and see how the tournament is doing. Sounds like a lot of drama in this thread, but glad to see that it has blown over.

I also agree with DaviddesJ about the way the league is controlled. I am probably in the minority, but I would rather it be more anonymous and less driven on rank and who beats who so that I can just play for fun without having to worry about the ladder and stuff.

I was particularly annoyed when a user called me out in the General forums that I wasn't accepting his challenge, when I was specifically posted in the Matchmaking thread that I wasn't accepting games for the time being. I thought it was totally unnecessary, but I don't think it is my place to talk about it here.

Anyways, best of luck to the Final 3 and I wish you all the best of luck.

2. mr.Ugly

mr.Ugly Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Berlin, Germany
    Quality over quantity.. Im sure they have dozens of maps in testing, new races etc.. but you have to release thoose new content in waves to keep people interested..

:)

3. DaviddesJ

DaviddesJ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    Possibly. But you also have the risk that people get bored waiting for new content, then they don't come back to the game when you release it. I would already have launched with more maps, personally I get tired of seeing the same maps over and over. But everyone is different and they may know more about effective marketing than I do.

4. mr.Ugly

mr.Ugly Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Berlin, Germany
    well they have the numbers , can track usage , drop outs etc.. so i can't know whats going on behind it.. but since thoose are serious devs they have an continuity plan in place..

as for getting bored ;) i can only look at thousand other tactic games like chess, who havent changed in quite some time.. hehe they even have just one team, how boring ;)

5. DaviddesJ

Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    Yeah, that's a good example. When was the last time you played chess on your iPhone?

6. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    You all ready to start the final round? I think I said Saturday, but at this point, launch your challenges when ready.

Try not to all go 2-2 :)

7. VanQuish

VanQuish New Member

Feb 25, 2012
    hey it looks like i'm a little late for this tourney.. will there be another one soon ?

8. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Another one is starting soon, but its full. There are no others forming as far as I know.

I saw you joined the League. I didnt process you yet, but you'll definitely be processed tonight and able to start games tomorrow.

9. DaviddesJ

Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    I was out of commission for a few days, but I've started my two Round 3 games now. Hopefully the unpleasantness is behind us and we can all have some fun. Good luck!

10. DaviddesJ

Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    I haven't gotten Narziss or LEiss to take their first turns in any of our games. I am not in a hurry but I do think we lost our momentum due to the update and the related unpleasantness, and I hope people can confirm they are still interested in finishing the tournament.

11. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Narziss PM'd me yesterday, saying you started and resigned 3 games, presumably because of the teleport map. So it sounds like its only been around 24 hours.

12. Narziss

Narziss Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2009
    #92 Narziss, Feb 29, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 29, 2012
    @ArtNJ, there were 2 resigns and 1 nonresigned game. Those were from yesterday.

Sorry, I was meditating for the past day on my first move in both games, but now I've played in both.

Still waiting for the challenge from LEiss.

13. DaviddesJ

Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    #93 DaviddesJ, Feb 29, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2012
    Yes, I am not anxious, I just wanted to report in. Got replies from Narziss, still waiting for some activity from LEiss. BTW, the whole "resign if you get the wrong map" is somewhat problematic, the opponent doesn't get to see what happened, it could be manipulated, I would suggest avoiding such rules in the future if possible. Playing with the new map doesn't seem so problematic.

14. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Yes, I didnt realize that the resign screen blocked both the map and all comments.

15. DaviddesJ

Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    Still no contact with LEiss. I haven't gone full steam ahead with Narziss either, sort of been hoping that LEiss will show up, but I guess I will just press on.

16. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Never would have thought the league would go so much more smoothly than this tourney. I have pm'd him, nothing. And he had advance notice that we were starting last Saturday. Anyway, lets see how it goes.

17. DaviddesJ

Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    Good news, just as I was about to give up, LEiss has responded and all four games are now underway!

18. Narziss

Narziss Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2009
    I've been at out of town visiting another university for a lecture series, and I won't be able to get back to my games until tomorrow evening.

19. DaviddesJ

Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    It's a good thing that DrvUMad dropped out; he would be pulling his hair out by now. Who knew I would be the *fastest* player? That's never before happened, in the history of gaming.

But Narziss, if you don't have time to think about your moves, you could just swap items and do nothing. :)

20. knucklescb

knucklescb New Member

Jan 18, 2012
    Sorry for the delay, I have been a bit ( a lot) bussy. I have started all 4 games and hope I can do some moves every day, at least one. Gl David and Narziss, I didn't say it at the start of the games, shit engineering.