Hero Academy Tournament: Round 1 Groups and Results Thread

Discussion in 'MMO Codes and 'Add Me' Requests' started by ArtNJ, Jan 18, 2012.

1. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    #1 ArtNJ, Jan 18, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2012
    AT THIS POINT PLEASE POST NEW RESULTS AT THE END OF THE THREAD

Update

Game by Game Results Are Now Beautifully Captured Here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Atvv8AUEO6qcdG1hcF8tLURCdFdGbVpXMHlNaDQ2LVE#gid=0 Current as of 1/23 12:15 am EST. Thank you H_ngm_n!!!!

We are up to 15 advancement slots secured! ArtNJ, Kogepan, Krypton, H_ngm_n, Narziss, Drvumad, LegendsEnd, LEiss, Hebug, Nonexist, Brimah, Juiceetin, RaptorF35, DaviddesJ and Siniom have secured advancement to round 2 so far.

Glad I advance past round 1 in my own tournament...

Prize Information Per developer, first place receives choice of two of Robot Entertainment Shirt, Hero Academy Shirt or Robot Entertainment Hat. Second place receives a Hero Academy Shirt, and third place receives whatever item first place didnt select. Second and third place can probably request to switch items. I am not affilliated with the developer and do not guaranty that they will actually provide these prizes.

Please read this and the next two posts *in full*. By participating, you agree to all rules in these threads.

First, you will be assigned into a 5 man group; we will have 8 groups, called groups A through H. In each letter group, each person will be assigned a number 1 through 5. Note your group letter, and your number.

Pairings

In each group:

Player 1 challenges players 2 and 3, and will be challenged by players 4 and 5. (We are doing it this way so you get to go first twice, and second twice.)

Player 2: challenges players 3 and 4, and is challenged by player 1 and 5

Player 3: challenges players 4 and 5, and is challenged by players 1 and 2

Player 4: challenges player 1 and 5, and is challenged by players 2 and 3

Player 5: challenges players 1 and 2, and is challenged by players 3 and 4

All games are to be played simultaneously, once commenced.

Groups

Group A:
    1. ArtNJ
    2. Kevlar
    3. Paradise
    4. Brimah
    5. Celeric

Group B:
    1. HLW10
    2. Kogepan
    3. MLKeener
    4. Krypton
    5. Trev1

Group C:
    1. Lelezi
    2. VeganTnT
    3. macish
    4. TheBeesKnees
    5. H_ngm_n

Group D:
    1. Juuicetin
    2. Snooper
    3. ssfink
    4. RaptorF35
    5. Lacraia

Group E:
    1. Dalbertson
    2. Narziss
    3. Malphes
    4. Nonexist
    5. Delkur

Group F
    1. Cydoval
    2. T-NINE16
    3. DaviddesJ
    4. Drvumad
    5. WhenThCome4Me

Group G
    1. Vinsent
    2. LegendsEnd
    3. lorenwade
    4. Coulbe
    5. LEiss

Group H
    1. Hebug
    2. FlyBoyZombi
    3. Drakeer
    4. Siniom
    5. Vodoo

WHEN YOU START A GAME, PLEASE SEND A MESSAGE IN GAME INDICATING ITS A TOURNEY GAME

It was pointed out to me that I had one user with a capital letter in their name when it was all lowercase. Dont think that matters, but if you get a "user not found" let me know asap.

2. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    #2 ArtNJ, Jan 18, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2012
    Tournament Rules

(1) The developer is offering prizes to the top finishers (see his post in this thread). I will provide the places of the top finishers to him, but am not in any way responsible for whether or not he actually provides prizes;

(2) I stake my reputation as a TA member that I will do my best as tournament director. From a legal point of view, I reserve the right to to go insane, on a month long bender, get transfered to Siberia or just drop the tournament on a whim. You have no recourse if I do so;

(3) My decisions as tournament director are final. Again, I will do my best, and offer my repuation on that promise, but even I use a magic eight ball to decide, your stuck with my decision and have no right to complain no matter how arbitrary my decision may be;

(4) Tournament will start immediately, but we'll understand if some folks dont engage right away. If games are not started by Monday night, the person responsible for initiating is dropped from the tournament.

(5) Advancement: The 2 members of your group with the highest number of points will advance. If one of the folks that are signed up in your group dont play, you will play games with the remaining members, and the 2 members with the highest point total will still advance. If two are no-shows, you play games with the remaining 2 players and only one advances. If 3 in your group are no shows, play 3 games with the only person in your group, one person advances. If someone drops mid-game, that is a win for you, not a no show. Subsequent rounds will also be round robin format, but the precise format is TBA.

(6) I will adjudicate disputes if both people tell the same story. If people have a radically different story, both players will get a 1/2 point and be considered "on probation". If there is a second problem involving either player to the dispute, that player will be automatically eliminated from the tournament. This means I dont have to decide who is telling the truth;

(7) If people are no shows, you may not have the same number of games you move first and second. Deal with it;

(8) Players with Dark Elves are allowed to pick Dark Elves even if you dont have them;

(9) Players are expected to make moves in their games in the order that moves from your adversaries are received;

(10) Players are expected to average *at least* one move per day. That said, if you are going away for the weekend and wont have signal (or whatever) we will be understanding. If you are getting significantly behind the other players, I reserve the right to ask you to give times to your adversary where multiple moves can be banged out, and in very extreme cases, to forfeit one player. If *both* players are equally responsible for the delay, I reserve the right to declare the game a draw. I hope not to do either of these things -- we do *not* need to blaze through the tournament, it is understood that many have jobs, wives, kids, etc... -- but two or three players will not be permitted to *greatly* delay everyone else.

(11) It might be possible that even players moving with all due speed might find themselves in some sort of excessively lengthy defensive battle. As per (10) above, we dont need to blaze through the tournament, and will try and give you time to finish. However, in extreme cases, I reserve the right to declare the game a draw regardless of whether you think your winning.

(12) I am playing in the tournament, and wins and losses against me count normally, but I will not be eligible for a prize.

(13) In the event that there is a tie for one of the advancement slots in number of points in your group, the person who advances will be the one who won the head to head match up with the player they are tied with. In the event of a 3 way tie, I will advance 3 players with 3-0, and, if someone is 4-0 and 3 are 2-2 and 1 0-4, I will only advance the 4-0 player. In other words, it is not guaranteed that 2 will advance from each group in the event of a 3 way tie.

(14) Edit 1/18: Agreed "hand shake" draws (1/2 point each) will be allowed, for time and enforcement reasons. Dont cry about it if 2.5 points isnt enough to advance :)

3. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Result Reporting

You are to make one and only one post in this thread for all of your round 1 results. You will edit your post as you go to add in the results of all your games. Please post both wins and losses.

Disputes

Send me a private message

I think that is it. If you have a general question, please ask it in this thread.

4. kevlar x

kevlar x Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Wales,uk
    Well done ArtNJ getting it up and running so fast. Let's hope we don't get the usual no shows/very slow play that these things generaly get ruined by. Good luck everyone.

5. Coulbe

Coulbe Member

Nov 17, 2011
    #5 Coulbe, Jan 18, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2012
    Good work. Wow. I am super pumped.

So is there going to be a set time for battles to end? Because I'm going away all of next week, and while I should have internet access on my phone, I probably won't be checking it non-stop if people are only going to do one turn a day. I guess what I'm saying is IF I make it into second round, when would that be? Would there be a round each week?

Oh, and also, can we challenge other people in this list in friendly competition? Or would that be unfair/too confusing?

6. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Dont challenge anyone in your subgroup other than the official tourney game for sure!

The bare minimum expectation is an average of one move a day. I fully expect most people to do much better than that, but yeah, there will be a few slow folks holding up round 2. I'll work with them to try and expedite, but realistically figure 3 weeks prior to round 2. Nature of the beast.

7. Malphes

Malphes Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2011
    #7 Malphes, Jan 18, 2012
    Awesome job getting it running, I've already got two matches underway. Which are all council so far. =(

Round 1
    Dalbertson - Loss
    Narziss - Loss
    Nonexist - Loss
    Delkur - Win

I always forget there are crystals in the game. =/

8. DrvUMad

DrvUMad New Member

Jan 17, 2012
    IT
    Seattle, WA
    #8 DrvUMad, Jan 18, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2012
    <placeholder post to be edited as we go on>

Round One:
    Group F
    1. DrvUMad vs Cydoval = DrvUMad wins (Round 56)!
    2. DrvUMad vs T-NINE16= DrvUMad wins (Round 25)!
    3. DrvUMad vs DaviddesJ = DaviddesJ wins (Round 58) Great Game! I never recovered from my confusion =(
    4. DrvUMad
    5. DrvUMad vs WhenThCome4Me = DrvUMad wins (Round 34)!

Thanks for setting this all up ArtNJ!

9. dalbertson

dalbertson Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    #9 dalbertson, Jan 18, 2012
    First, big thanks to ArtNJ for putting this together!
    Thanks to the developer for such a fun game and for supporting this tournament.

Round 1
    dalbertson vs Malphes = won (Great game - thanks!)
    dalbertson vs Narziss = loss (intense!)
    dalbertson vs Nonexist = loss (Good game!)
    dalbertson vs Delkur = won (Great game, totally changed your strategy at the end, thought my crystals were gonners)

10. mr.Ugly

mr.Ugly Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Berlin, Germany
    #10 mr.Ugly, Jan 18, 2012
    reserved spot :D

Round 1

Group C:
    1. macish VS Lelezi = Lelezi won.
    2. macish VS VeganTnT = ongoing
    3. macish
    4. macish VS TheBeesKnees = macish won.
    5. macish VS H_ngm_n = macish won.

11. H_ngm_n

H_ngm_n New Member

Dec 7, 2010
    #11 H_ngm_n, Jan 18, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2012
    Round 1

Group C H_ngm_n games:
    1.Lelezi - win
    2.VeganTnT - win
    3.macish - loss
    4.TheBeesKnees - win

12. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    #12 HLW, Jan 18, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2012
    Round One:
    Group B:
    MLKeener - won
    Kogepan - resigned from tournament
    Krypton - lost
    Trev1 - won

13. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    #13 ArtNJ, Jan 18, 2012
    Group A - ArtNJ

2. Kevlar - Win (with 340 health left on crystal)
    3. Paradise - in progress
    4. Brimah - Lost (got owned, *&^! it, I cant not advance in my own tournament!!)
    5. Celeric - Win

14. kevlar x

kevlar x Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Wales,uk
    #14 kevlar x, Jan 18, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2012

Well played Art, very close

15. Vinsent

Vinsent New Member

Jan 18, 2012
    #15 Vinsent, Jan 18, 2012
    Group G
    1. Vinsent
    2. LegendsEnd vs Vinsent ---- Winner = LegendsEnd (damn Ninjas =P gg)
    3. lorenwade vs Vinsent ---- Winner = Vinsent (very close match gg)
    4. Coulbe vs Vinsent ---- Winner = Vinsent (GG one more turn and he had me)
    5. LEiss vs Vinsent ---- Winner = LEiss (GG LEiss)

16. Delkur

Delkur Member

Oct 4, 2009
    #16 Delkur, Jan 18, 2012
    Round 1 results for Delkur:

Dalbertson - I lost, Dalbertson eventually had 4 units to my 1. I've got a lot to learn.
    Narziss - I lost, I never presented a real challenge to Narziss.
    Malphes - I lost, he totally schooled me.
    Nonexist - I lost, I think I made it interesting. :)

Congratulations to all my opponents for their well played matches, I hope you go far in this tourney.

17. BlueDiamondGaming

BlueDiamondGaming Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2011
    iPhone Game Developer
    Canandaigua, NY
    My Results

Group C:
    1. Lelezi - invite sent
    2. VeganTnT
    3. macish - Lost
    5. H_ngm_n - in progress

18. AceWizard

AceWizard Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2011
    Studying to become an Electrician
    Sweden
    #18 AceWizard, Jan 18, 2012
    Group H
    1. Hebug - Lost
    2. FlyBoyZombi - Won
    3. Drakeer - In Progress
    4. Siniom - Lost

19. iamlorenwade

iamlorenwade New Member

Mar 14, 2009
    #19 iamlorenwade, Jan 18, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2012
    Round 1
    Group G
    1. lorenwade vs Vinsent (Winner = Vinsent) Such a close game. GG buddy.
    2. lorenwade vs LegendsEnd (Winner = LegendsEnd)
    3. lorenwade
    4. lorenwade vs Coulbe (Winner = lorenwade)
    5. lorenwade vs LEiss (Winner = LEiss) Another close game. GG man.

20. Narziss

Narziss Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2009
    #20 Narziss, Jan 19, 2012
    Group E:
    1. Dalbertson
    2. Narziss*
    3. Malphes
    4. Nonexist
    5. Delkur

Challenging: