Hero Academy Round 2 Pairings

Discussion in 'MMO Codes and 'Add Me' Requests' started by ArtNJ, Jan 26, 2012.

1. DaviddesJ

DaviddesJ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    ...then you've failed to make progress. In the diagram position, you could attack his crystal, if you wanted to. It takes two to do nothing.

The game is, obviously, designed in such a way that you can stall, because you can heal more damage in an action than your opponent can inflict with an action. So, from my point of view, if you want to win, you have to find ways to do damage that he can't just heal.

I do agree it would be great to have a replay function. But I think that, even if we looked at the same replay, you and I would see very different things in it. If you're doing damage, and he's healing it, and you're doing damage, and he's healing it, I don't think that's *his* fault.

2. mr.Ugly

mr.Ugly Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Berlin, Germany
    Well of course as the generally weaker de its always easy to fight a turtling council player.. Wonder why most play council in the league..the thing is on this map, this match attacking the second crystal would have been pointless since you need to destroy both.. And the other would be unpossible to penetrate without killing some units.. I tried... Again it would be more than awesome to have replays being saveable.. its not even much data actually..

The point is pretty much anyone who plays regular matches how you can deliberatly stall a game combine that with slow moves and a game stops being fun.. I dont care abou winning or loosing.. Have my share of booth its about having fun and playing fair. Only because there are ballancing exploits one can use doesnt really make it right..

In the end it does not matter since apparently there are tons of different views on what is proper play and whats not.. Well see how much balancing robo will do with the upcoming patch and how this change the games.

Cheers guys have fun :)

3. DaviddesJ

Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    I think that's the heart of the matter. If you don't care about winning or losing, that is the heart of tournament play. Some people have more fun when they are just focused on the best way to win. If you don't like playing that way, you probably won't enjoy the tournament so much.

Fortunately, you don't have to play in tournaments if you don't want to.

P.S. I do find that destroying the one crystal has value, even though the other is harder to get to. Eventually the units will be traded off, and having a lead in crystals at that point has value. But I also agree it's often better to kill units. That would be a good thing to do if you can. Finally, it's ok for a game to be a draw if neither side thinks they can make any progress. I haven't seen that happen, but I do think it's possible.

I hope you enjoy the game, in whatever format's best for you.

4. mr.Ugly

Dec 1, 2009
    Berlin, Germany
    So a tourney is winning no matter what and how? I hope not..

Anyway good luck :)

With some luck robo will implement a ladder into the game for the extreemly competive players.

5. DaviddesJ

Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    Well, you shouldn't hack into the servers to give yourself an advantage, or break into your opponent's home to threaten their families. But choosing the best moves, to win? Sure, that's the whole point.

6. mr.Ugly

Dec 1, 2009
    Berlin, Germany
    Lol , :)