Hero Academy Round 2 Pairings

Discussion in 'MMO Codes and 'Add Me' Requests' started by ArtNJ, Jan 26, 2012.

1. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Congrats David! So its David and Drv for our first two qualifiers! Getting there!

David be sure to scroll up and read my discussion with Drv about the format for the remaining round(s) and, when you have time (no rush) weigh in.

2. H_ngm_n

H_ngm_n New Member

Dec 7, 2010
    David isn't quite in yet, he still needs to win at least one game against Krypton to make it through.

3. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Ah your right, I misread Krypton's update :)

4. DaviddesJ

DaviddesJ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    #104 DaviddesJ, Feb 3, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2012
    Yes. The last few days have been super busy for me but we should be able to start moving faster when I focus on just these two games. It seems we have a while yet before Group A is finished.

If Krypton does win both remaining games, then we have a 3-way tie and an interesting problem in Group B.

5. H_ngm_n

H_ngm_n New Member

Dec 7, 2010
    Group D's games are officially over. I won both matches with Hebug.

The last one really had me on the ropes, since I only had 2 knights left. I made a wise strategy change midway where I decided to throw everything I had at his crystals, and it just barely made it through.

Any updates from group A?

6. mr.Ugly

mr.Ugly Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Berlin, Germany
    #106 mr.Ugly, Feb 5, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2012
    group c update

macish vs leiss = resigned, leiss wins

resigned the game against leiss, never played a slower more defensive turtling council player.. how he magically played the other 4 games (he won) so quickly is more than mysterious to me.

this tedious dragging is more than annoying and no fun at all..

he should also invited me for a game a week ago which did not happen either.. but he does not need to bother anymore

i resign this unstarted game too .. there is no way i go into another snorefest with this guy, when i played and finished more than 40 other games next to his.

this tourney should be fun no matter if you win or loose.
    had some really great games and learned some cool tactics.

thnx for that guys and hopefully have lots of fun in round 3

cheers ;)

7. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    #107 ArtNJ, Feb 5, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2012
    Hey now, Leiss is 5-0 and advances to the final 4 even if we resign him for the game he never started. So obviously he knows how to play. Probably he had a tough start and turtled to recover. So you got tortured sure, but I object to the negativity towards Leiss. Anyway, glad you had fun and congratulations to Leiss for taking the second final four spot and joining Drvumad.

B is almost done, but A, no one knows...they have been radio silence for a while now. I guess its time to send some PMs out, and I'll do that.

8. mr.Ugly

mr.Ugly Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Berlin, Germany
    Leiss is 6:0 not 5:0 he "won" both.

The point is the game was repetive&slow and i wrote a few time in chat to move one the game, i attack he heals i attack he heals going for days.. with 20 units on the field its stallment not recover and i dont believe that if the game would have been easy going for him he would play so slow and start spamming units which can only be answered with more units :/ .. again hard to see 4 games going quickly and one dragging for ages without a reason. if i want to be bored i can watch tv.

I even played only him the days i was on a trip wed-fr so he could move. If not loosing is more important than having fun i glady resign a game. Whats the point in blocking a game on purpose. I dont see one. Apparently some do..
    If the goal is to bore someone to a resign, he succeeded. For me personally the worst match i played in the tourney by faar.

Sadly there are no movement recordings in the game to rewatch a game. This would be a cool feature.

9. DaviddesJ

Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    I think bringing out a lot of units is certainly a valid strategy. Some games play out with just a few units on the field at one time, and a lot of dashing around; some games I see both sides with nearly every unit on the board before there is much engagement. Both are valid strategies, imho, and the trick is to win against all types of players.

I also think that if you only do damage that he can heal, and then return to your starting position, then it's perfectly valid for him to heal your damage and wait for you to do something different to break through. If neither side can (or chooses not to) make any progress, then the game should be considered a draw.

I hope that people who quit because they don't like their opponent's style of play will not be in future tournaments.

I totally agree 100% that a replay (e.g., download a video of the entire game) would be a *great* feature. I would love to have replays of some of my close games.

In Group B, I have been traveling for a few days and not able to play in my remaining games with Krypton, but I will go back to a steady pace from today.

10. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    Group A
    1. Narziss - in progress x2
    2. Brimah - in progress, I lost
    3. HLW10 - me
    4. Siniom - in progress x2

11. DaviddesJ

Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    Can you post what round you're on in each game? Just curious.

12. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    As requested:
    Group A
    1. Narziss - round 14, round 15
    2. Brimah - round 42, I lost
    3. HLW10 - me
    4. Siniom - round 36, round 17

Have most other people finished their games? If it's only me holding things up, I am willing to resign from my games.

13. DaviddesJ

Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    Not at all. I think it's fine.

14. knucklescb

knucklescb New Member

Jan 18, 2012
    #114 knucklescb, Feb 6, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2012
    First of all, my apologies for moving slower than the other games (as they were flowing better) and for not starting the 2nd game (I read here there was np in playing one after the other, anyway sorry).

Secondly, I never wanted to cause any troubles. I signed in to have fun and try my best against good players, which has already been that way. I NEVER EVER tried to block. Erase it from your mind.

Thirdly, well... I'll try to explain the game the best I can.
    You started spamming units NEAR to base + fully equipped wraith. I responsed with 2 equipped knights advancing to the middle of the map + equipped ninja + sword-archer. At round 15 or so you had almost every single unit/improvement there, altough I had better position imo.
    You used your 2 soul harvests when you saw I wasn't going to group more than 5 units. I started hitting-running your crystal with the archer, which you brillantly responsed with an equipped monk. I tried to overdamage him with 3rd knight + archer, but I couldn't. I MADE AN ERROR.
    Then I healed back and swapped the archer with a mage. Then you started hitting and running with your monk. Again perfect. But in this ocassion I could move both knight and mage one tile towards your crystal, taking the tile where your monk was, so I could have a good position to start any fight or attack the crystal.

2 things:
    -¿Did you think I had any chance with 5 units vs 10 units?? ¿Do you think I forced the "macro" game or was It you??
    -¿Didn't you realise (after I told you I had messed up with something and was moving on) that every 2 attacking-healing rounds I had to heal an EXTRA knight due to monk AoE??

That is the key why I did it twice: before changing strat (swapping archer<->mage) I had not to have to heal that extra knight.

Obviously I couldn't explain exactly what I was doing but I told you. I hope you reconsider what you have stated as you can ask what kind of game Raptor and ArtNJ had with me. Btw they almost got me both.
    I am not entirely sure if I really want to play anymore, provided what I have been accused of, and if I do so is because I want to be respectful to the person who took some time to organize this. Thank you and, again, Mr. Ugly, my apologies for what I could have caused to you.

EDIT: If someone knows how to take a printed screen of the game I will do it so It becomes easier to understand.

15. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    @knucklescb

Dont apologize! You did nothing wrong. Just ignore the attack and move on to round 3, you deserve it and we want to see what you can do against the best.

16. DaviddesJ

Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    I can't even figure out exactly what you have been accused of, except trying not to lose (isn't that the point?).

17. DaviddesJ

Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    To take screenshots in iOS, just press the center button and the power button at the same time. This will save a photo of the screen to the pictures folder on your device.

18. knucklescb

knucklescb New Member

Jan 18, 2012
  19. DaviddesJ

Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
  20. chubbypillow

chubbypillow Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2012
    NY
    someone from my group is going to win this tourney. I just want the damn Hero Academy shirt!