Hero Academy Round 2 Pairings

Discussion in 'MMO Codes and 'Add Me' Requests' started by ArtNJ, Jan 26, 2012.

1. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    #1 ArtNJ, Jan 26, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2012
    Congratulations to our 17 Round 2 Contestants! Here are the final Round 1 standings https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Atvv8AUEO6qcdG1hcF8tLURCdFdGbVpXMHlNaDQ2LVE#gid=0 These standings assume that Macish received an ajudicated win over slow-moving VeganTnT. I am going to look at the game, but understand it to be essentially over so this is not in doubt. I do not feel the need to wait because Vegan cannot advance regardless of the outcome.

Round 2 will again be conducted by round robin where you play everyone in your subgroups twice. You challenge everyone, and everyone challenges you, in your subgroup. Thus you will go first once, and second once, against each opponent.

Structure of the groups will be as follows: Groups A-C, 4 contestants, 1 advances. Group D, 5 contestants, 2 advance. 2 way ties will be resolved by virtue of who won the head to head match up. Absent a better idea, 3 way ties will be resolved by a 1 round 3 person round robin (in the event this results in everyone going 1-1, eh, cross that bridge when we come to it.)

Pairings are set up so that there is one 4-0 player in each group, and no one plays someone they played in round 1.

Report wins in this thread. This time lets report at the end of the thread, will be easier for me to spot updates. Please report your faction (Council/DE) as well as result, just for unrelated data collection.

You may issue your challenges immediately. In a comment, you must note "Round 2 tourney game". If you have any other games ongoing with the folks in your subgroup, resign them first to prevent confusion.

Group A
    1. Narziss
    2. Brimah
    3. HLW10
    4. Siniom

Group B
    1. DaviddesJ
    2. Krypton
    3. Lelezi
    4. Juuicetin

Group C
    1. LEiss
    2. Macish
    3. RaptorF35
    4. ArtNJ

Group D
    1. Hebug
    2. LegendsEnd
    3. H_ngm_n
    4. Drvumad
    5. Nonexist

Good luck, and have fun!

2. DrvUMad

DrvUMad New Member

Jan 17, 2012
    IT
    Seattle, WA
    Invites sent!

3. RaptorF35

RaptorF35 Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Computer Technician
    On a Motherboard
  4. H_ngm_n

H_ngm_n New Member

Dec 7, 2010
    I'll try to have the round 2 results sheet put together tonight (morning here now). Good luck in round 2 everyone!

5. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    I l_v_ y_o. You know, in a healthy, normal way.

6. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    I took a scary risk already...started with crappy units/items against Raptor...so I used a scroll to kill Priestess and upgraded Archer (and wack crystal a bit) with an un-upgraded wizard. You have another priestess or potion *&^#!? If you do, I'm in a serious hole on turn 2 :(

Mercifully, classic Council starts in my other 2 games where I move first :)

7. RaptorF35

Feb 10, 2010
    Computer Technician
    On a Motherboard
    Yeah, bah! You got lucky, nothing to heal with.

8. DaviddesJ

DaviddesJ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    I should have lost to Drvumad so I could take his place in Group D. :eek:

It's not a big deal but I would have tried to find something more balanced. One from each group and putting the lowest qualifiers into the bigger group would be fairer imho.

9. mr.Ugly

mr.Ugly Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Berlin, Germany
    Group C

1. LEiss - invitation send, waiting for invitiation
    2. Macish VS
    3. RaptorF35 - 2 games started
    4. ArtNJ - 1 game started, invitation send

have fun and good luck.. :( i mostly lost all my last non tourney games, there are some pretty strong new players out there..

i wish there would be some sort of official ladder so you see how you fare in the global community ...

10. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    #10 HLW, Jan 26, 2012
    Group A
    1. Narziss - challenge sent, awaiting challenge
    2. Brimah - in progress, awaiting challenge
    3. HLW10 - me
    4. Siniom - in progress, awaiting challenge

11. DrvUMad

DrvUMad New Member

Jan 17, 2012
    IT
    Seattle, WA
    DrvUMad vs Hebug (game 1) = DrvUMad wins(round 50)!
    Council vs Council, I went first.

Hebug was quite the challenge. I thought you might have me mid way through the game! EPIC!

12. nonexist

nonexist Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2009
    Male
    USA
    This is very stressful, 8 battles against good players, I'm sorry but I'm out, I have to much work at the office and I don't want to spend the nights planning strategies in 8 different games, I'll still be available for casual matches, good luck to all.

13. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    #13 ArtNJ, Jan 26, 2012
    You sure? Its ok if it takes a while. Especially for group D...

Maybe playing everyone 2x was a mistake; I thought only 1 game would be a little arbitrary since there is a luck element and we should have only pretty good players (at least) in Round 2.

I really dont want to chase out someone that is having fun. Round 1 was 1 week . . . if Round 2 is 2 weeks, that is fine. I'd rather you feel comfortable taking your time then drop.

14. RaptorF35

Feb 10, 2010
    Computer Technician
    On a Motherboard
    I'm all for playing everyone twice, but I thought it should be done in 2 phases, so you're not playing any one person twice.

It has already started so nothing we can do about that, just a thought for next round.

15. DaviddesJ

Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    I can see that 8 games is considerably more effort than 6, but I'm happy if one player wants to drop out of the group of 5, it reduces the game load for the other 4 and it makes the groups more balanced (advance one from each group, makes a better group for the final round anyway).

16. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    You're taking this much more seriously than I am :)

17. Juuicetin

Juuicetin Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2010
    I know. I think we easily got the hardest bracket. Three undefeated people in ours and the fourth is also tied for the top of his bracket. The outlook isn't good.

18. H_ngm_n

H_ngm_n New Member

Dec 7, 2010
    #18 H_ngm_n, Jan 27, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2012
    I have updated the spreadsheet for round 2. One tweak - results are entered as W, L or D this time.

For Art: For lack of time, I haven't added auto-mirroring functions this time, so both sides of the match need to be entered manually.

For my Group D mates, sorry I can't be very active tonight, I'm out of town and on a very spotty internet connection. I should be quite active this weekend, however.

19. H_ngm_n

H_ngm_n New Member

Dec 7, 2010
    To be the best, you got to beat the best! IMO, random seeding is as good as any method for a not-overly-formal tournament such as this.

Frankly, I'm enjoying this tournament for the opportunity to play against great players as much as a chance to win.

20. DaviddesJ

Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    Yeah, I'm not complaining if I'm in a stronger group, although I disagree that random seeding is better than seeding based on records.