Here's how to bypass the 2nd gen iPod Touch Requirement (For GTA Chinatow Wars)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by qasim, Jan 18, 2010.

1. Hafiz

Hafiz Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2009
    Karachi,Pakistan
    it worked!!!

2. bjornkeizers

bjornkeizers Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2008
    Nice workaround. I just played the first five missions on my G1 Touch. Works like a charm!

I own it on DS as well -- excellent GTA game with some neat touch screen tricks thrown in. I'm sure any GTA fans will greatly enjoy it.

3. mattll

mattll Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2009
    bavaria
    any1 asked rockstar games if the may do the 1 gen ipod as a standart so we dont have to do this

4. yergin

yergin New Member

Jan 19, 2010
    To get this to work on my Mac I had to 'chmod' the 'RSlP1.app' folder before dragging it to iTunes. Something like:
    Code:
    sudo chmod -R 755 ~/Desktop/RSlP1.app

5. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    You're pissed at Rockstar you couldn't get the game to work on a device it wasn't intended to run on?

6. Cougarcat

Cougarcat Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2008
    How does the game use the microphone?

7. mattll

mattll Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2009
    bavaria
    for what do you need a mic?

8. rj89

rj89 Member

Jan 18, 2010
    Can you list complete instructions on how to install this on a Mac?
    When I use Terminal to modify the RSlP1 file, how exactly do I do that? I typed it in a pressed Enter and typed my password but it says "no such file or directory exists"

9. Sainter

Sainter Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Got a reply from Rockstar on why it isn't on the 1st Gen device. Do you guys think I should use this thread as evidence to say they failed?

Hello Damon,

The game is not available on the 1st gen iPod Touch due to differences in system hardware between the generations of the Touch, this is something that we can not get around. The early generations of the iPod Touch do not have certain required hardware.

Kind Regards

Rockstar Games Tech Support

10. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    Do it. Activision supported the 1g, even though there was some lag on that device. Plus, from the feedback, it sounds like people are having no problems with lag. Go ahead, use this as feedback.

11. zero144

zero144 Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    Sydney, Australia
    I got mine to work. Drag the .app file to the desktop and then run that code. Because it gives the directory of the desktop in the code.

12. zero144

Mar 10, 2009
    Sydney, Australia
    It could go either way. They could then work to block this solution OR they could support the 1st gen touch. Either way i am happy for you to use this thread as evidence.

13. Mayora13

Mayora13 Member

Sep 23, 2009
    Thx

Yay this worked for me... Now I should catch some sleep lol

14. Mormoop

Mormoop Well-Known Member

May 20, 2009
    Does the game actually need a microphone? (Like is there a minigame that needs it somewhere or something?)

I thought that's usually just the hardware they check to see if your device is compatible or not.. There's other games that say they need a microphone, that don't actually use it.

15. Sainter

Sainter Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Sent an email away with all the impressions from this thread. Aiming to get a reply within 24-48 hours, hopefully it's enough to make them change their mind.

16. rj89

rj89 Member

Jan 18, 2010
    Thanks a lot! It worked :D

17. zero144

Mar 10, 2009
    Sydney, Australia
    Great! Now we can all enjoy GTA on iPhone! And it really is the best game currently on itouch

18. qasim

qasim Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    USA
    This works flawlessly. You should definitely use this thread as evidence. I'm so happy I got this game to work on my Touch. Besides, the 1st gen touch and 1st gen iPhone have same proccessers, right?

19. Me4Rpg

Me4Rpg Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2010
    Man im so dissappointed with rockstar.... they are so reckless and inconsidrate of all iDevice users!!!!
    we have just proved here that it can be run on the 1st gen ipod touch, and smoothly too. we had to go into all this hassle just to get it working and then we realise that it could have worked in the first place IF ROCKSTAR did their RESEARCH by TESTING this on a 1st gen ipod touch to see its PERFORMANCE!!!!

i wouldnt of needed to waste 30mins of my time trying to figure this out.
    an incomplete game by rockstar shows they are an inconsiderate dev and company.

very dissapointed and saddened. and why do we need OS 3.1.2 for this?

20. paddypiper

paddypiper New Member

Jan 20, 2010
    Itunes said: "the app was not installed because its resources have been modified?" Can someone help me? What should i do? I tested it with isamurai and it works. shame on you Rockstar!