Here's how to bypass the 2nd gen iPod Touch Requirement (For GTA Chinatow Wars)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by qasim, Jan 18, 2010.

1. darkhorse

darkhorse Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2009
    I bet it was a mistake. I've heard that it installs fine the original iphone, so dunno why they didn't include the original touch.

COD Zombies had a similar situation and that was fixed within a couple days or so.

2. Sainter

Sainter Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    I believe it is as simple as that they just didn't check the box, or never tested on first gen. I'm trying to get in contact with them (I have a high success rate) and going to try and get it changed for this who haven't used this method yet. I can use your impressions as evidence if they don't want to change it as well

3. rj89

rj89 Member

Jan 18, 2010
    What do I do if it says "The application could not be added to your iTunes library because an error occurred. You do not have enough access privileges for this operation"?

4. one f jef

one f jef Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    I can throw my hat in with the people who've installed it, it works great, runs great, everything is perfect! Thanks so much for the help!

5. rj89

rj89 Member

Jan 18, 2010
    How did it work for you, for me it says: "The application could not be added to your iTunes library because an error occurred. You do not have enough access privileges for this operation"? whenever I dragged the extracted .app file to iTunes.

6. qasim

qasim Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    USA
    Hmm.. I never experienced that error. Are you an administrator?

7. Zombie_dance

Zombie_dance Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2009
    #67 Zombie_dance, Jan 18, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2010
    i copied the folder to the applications folder and removed gta the original one and on itunes ive checked it and on itunes it shows it in the picture but then i hit sync and after its not on there? HELP!!!

EDIT: WAIT!!! now it says it couldnt be put on my ipod because the original file could not be found
    EDIT 2: Now im getting error (-50) how do i fix it!?!
    and its always right after i click replace.

8. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    Hmmm... I never got these strange errors when I was installing COD:Zombies. I'd like to get this game, but I can't, so I'm unable to help on this one.

And COD:Zombies was fixed in a day. Well, it mentioned on the page that it was fixed before the first day of sales, but it still acted weird, so they soon after released an update of the game fixing this issue, and then everything went smoothly from there. Except the gameplay, that game was huge.

And I don't mean to get off topic, but is there any way to sort of tone down or elminate the language from the options menu or anything? I've seen it in other games like Gears 2 and Brutal Legend, and after seeing some gameplay earlier, it's the only thing turning me away from a purchase. Otherwise I have no problem with it.

9. WunDaii

WunDaii Well-Known Member

Can this nifty method also bypass the firmware version requirement?

I'm on 3.0, will this way work? I can try SSH'ing the .app in? :)

10. Zombie_dance

Zombie_dance Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2009
    #70 Zombie_dance, Jan 18, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2010
    Holy shit found something in the app folder!! Its a half life 1 texture package!!!!
    btw anyone else stuck at the opening credits then it closes? wait passed it and now playing IVE TRIED EVERYTHING TO MAKE IT LAG AND IT JUST WONT!!!! But the gameplay is really smooth and the graphics are top notch. Dont think just buy. Ill do a full length review with good grammar later.

11. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    It might.... idk. Back on my 2.2.1 1g when I had that nifty mobilestore file installed, it would act like it was installing some free 3.0 apps I had in iTunes, but when I went on my iPod, they weren't there. I might test this sometime though.

12. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    Woah, what's that doing there! Let's use it to make HL1 lol.

Hey, maybe this is opening up an opportunity to mod it, since there's no possible way to mod it on PSP or DS as far as I know.

13. kugi_igi

kugi_igi Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2009
    Punturin
    yah if any please tell us....i think sshing won't work coz the app won't start even installed
    .....:(

@zombie really? i just saw the 500 mb compressed file ;)

14. WunDaii

If it doesn't work, I'll just restore + update.

Then I'll have to re-jailbreak! :(

12% copying...

15. kugi_igi

kugi_igi Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2009
    Punturin
    yah,that's what im gonna do....
    risking some issues on jailbreaking 3.1.2,i hope categoriesSB,iBluetooth,SBSettings and Backgrounder will still work,that's all i want
    i hope the next firmware update will not be released anytime soon so my upgrade will worth :D

16. rj89

rj89 Member

Jan 18, 2010
    hmm, well im on a macbook, and im the only user, so i guess i would be considered the administrator...does it make a difference?

17. WunDaii

It didn't work guys. You must update. :(

18. Vester

Vester Well-Known Member

Insted of 2nd gen in the title shouldn't it be 1st gen? I mean, it does work on the 2nd gen right?

19. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    I think you've been confused. It's a guide on how to bypass the requirement for a 2G iPod Touch or above. It still works, it's just telling how to get it on a 1G as well, therefore bypassing the requirement.

20. one f jef

one f jef Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Runs fantastic on a 1st gen touch, must've been a mistake on their part in the app store settings ... hopefully they'll fix that soon.

For now, GEETEEAY ON MY IPOD WOOH!