iPad Here's a game that screams for an iTouch/Phone version

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by spiffyone, Jan 11, 2009.

1. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Rose & Camellia:

http://nigoro.jp/game/rosecamellia/rosecamellia.php?lang=en

Basically the game is about a woman who was born a commoner, married into a wealthy aristocratic family, and who, after her husband's demise, must fight his family for her rightful ownership of the house.

And when I state "fight", I mean "fight".

Prepare to pimp slap the hell out of opposing characters.

Anyway, I can see this game surviving a translation to the iTouch/Phone platform. Simply change the mouse control to touch controls. Viola! Instant classic.

2. arkanigon

arkanigon Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2008
    haha! That's an awesome game! Yup, definitely perfect for the iphone! :)

3. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Way better than Funky Punch, Smack Boxing or even Iron Fist Boxing :D

4. gospel9

gospel9 Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    This is hilarious.
    And I have to agree. The game does scream for a port.

That's a very innovative yet simple concept that's executed just right. This game would be more fun on a touchscreen device too.

5. dannys95

dannys95 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    I don't think it SCREAMS for an iPhone version. These games do:

RCT
    N Or N+
    Portal
    Syberia (currently being ported)
    Icy Tower
    MLB 2K9
    NBA 2K9
    Madden Football

And porting that game u want is not THAT easy. Trust me; i've seen the sdk.

6. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008

You misunderstood.

I was alluding to the gameplay controls when I said it would be "simple". Obviously any port takes work. But in this case the work would be in moving the code over to something that runs on iTouch/Phone. The actual gameplay, and controls, would largely remain intact. Again, it's swiping mouse swipes for finger swipes.

The games you've listed would actually be much more difficult to implement on the iTouch/Phone than this one due to the differences in control.

Whether you think the game is worth it or not is no matter to me. That's your opinion, and you're entitled to it. While I'd like the games you've listed, frankly there are other platforms on which to play them, and probably play them in a much better fashion. Many would bemoan the translation of those games to Apple's devices merely due to the control differences. The same can't be said for this game, which wouldn't suffer at all in translation to the iDevices. The control would largely be the exact same as it is now.

7. nizy

nizy Well-Known Member

I agree with all the other stuff you said, but if done correctly those games listed by Danny95 could be excellent additions to the App Store. If they were poorly ported, then what you suggest is correct. An example is Pro Evo '08 on Wii in comparison to 360/PS3, a version of the game with controls perfectly tuned to the systems benefits can be the better game! :cool:

As for this game, looks kinda funny but wouldn't have any kind of lasting appeal after a couple of fights. But you are correct in that the control scheme would work perfectly, if not better on iPhone.

8. whateverg

whateverg Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    You should add chrono trigger to that list