Here it comes... TOKYO GAME SHOW 2010

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by GDSage, Sep 12, 2010.

1. GDSage

GDSage Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Well... it sort of comes down to design philosophy, being 'brought up' on a particular way of doing things. Ninja Theory could try to emulate the formula, but even with Capcom supervising it's unlikely to match up to whatever the actual DMC studio could accomplish (I do wonder what they will be doing now).

It's like passing on the Street Fighter series to the Mortal Kombat developers. The developers of both series may have played in the similar court of fighting games, but the practices couldn't be anymore different.

If this development ends up true, it reeks of trying to make a product that will appeal to the western audience more rather than because said developer could produce a similar quality product. I wouldn't mind but it's hardly as if DMC4 bombed in sales, it actually performed incredibly well - three million copies.

2. Eduku

Eduku Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    London
    As speculated, Capcom revealed a new Devil May Cry game at TGS, simply named 'DmC'. They had said previously that this would be a reboot of the series, and a reboot this is. As rumored before, it is being developed not by Capcom, but by Ninja Theory, although three of Capcom's staff will be flying over to help.

It features a young(er) Dante...with black hair.

Trailer:
    http://kotaku.com/5638588/new-devil-may-crys-debut-trailer

Screenshots:
    http://kotaku.com/5638552/there-is-a-fifth-devil-may-cry-game/gallery/

My own thoughts? I can't say I'm overly impressed. Though I believe in reserving full judgement until playing the game, this 'reboot' seems to have become something un-DMC. There doesn't seem to be any of the Gothic elements in the settings, replaced with gritty modern ones, and Dante looks completely different to what he was in the last 4 games (and not for the better, IMHO). I guess this is what Capcom meant when they said they were trying to appeal more to western audiences.

3. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Suda's new game rocks my socks.

4. GDSage

GDSage Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2009
    #24 GDSage, Sep 16, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2010
    Ohhhhhh, bloody hell... PSO2!!!! Also, a surprising amount of new Kinect titles.

5. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Suda, Suda, SUDA!