Universal Her Story (by Sam Barlow)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jun 23, 2015.

1. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    The challenge us to find out more about her story by paying attention to the clips and working out what to search for next and how to narrow down the results.

It's not a traditional game but there are ways of measuring your success/progress if you feel so inclined.

There are certain clips that you have to watch before it decides you've uncovered enough of the story to get the "ending". After that, you can continue to try and unlock the remaining clips and find out even more, or you can choose to end it there.

You can see how many clips you've watched and where they fit in the timeline using the database checker on the desktop.

I found it really captured me and I ended up playing with a notepad to jot down lists of key words that I thought would be good to search for.

2. Wizard_Mike

Wizard_Mike Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2011
    Texas
    Saying that this game doesn't have any "game part" is like saying sudoku isn't a game because all you do is put numbers in a box. Forget levels and points and abilities and action. This is better thought of as a kind of detective sim.

You sit down at a computer that has all of the video interviews from a crime. Your job is to make sense of them and understand what happened.

The "game" part is that you have to listen for key words in order to hunt down clips that you haven't seen yet, rather than it just giving you all of the clips in order and spoon feeding the story to you.

Yes, you have to figure out all of that, but you don't have to write it out. In order to figure it all out, you will have to watch a certain key clips (I'm keeping it vague to avoid spoilers). The game knows when you've figured it all out by the clips you've watched, and you can only get to all of the key clips by following the trail of key words found in other clips.

3. iamPro

iamPro Active Member

May 20, 2009
    Does the iOS version lack the chit chat? I just want to make sure if it isn't a big not being able to get to it.

4. No, it has it. I think the only thing extra on Steam is the achievements. And maybe some cards?

5. iamPro

iamPro Active Member

May 20, 2009
    Hmm how do to get to it? I've seen the last clip and it's not showing up anywhere on my iPhone. Or do I need to watch at least a certain number of clips to trigger the chat? I just can't see the chat no matter what I do.

6. Yeah, certain clips are considered more important than others. You'll hear sirens or the screen will flicker more when you watch them. After you watch a certain number of those, the chit chat icon will appear.

7. iamPro

iamPro Active Member

May 20, 2009
    Hmm, will have to give that a try.
    Thnx!

8. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
  9. Rosso

Rosso Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Argh!!! PLEASE enable device rotation!!

I have to be able to turn my iPad 180degrees, as possible with 99.9% of all apps...