Universal Her Story (by Sam Barlow)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jun 23, 2015.

1. Avatre

Avatre Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    That actually makes me want it more, knowing that I can see the whole story from start to finish at the end.

2. I bought an Elgato yesterday and was up late making the videos...my first time talking in any of my videos. #

I thought I would know the script by heart by now, but I'm still discovering little things each time I play some clips. Such a good game.

3. fearlesskk

fearlesskk Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2014
    Someone able to help me woth my question page 6

4. nolegirl

nolegirl Member

Jul 10, 2011
    Is that a jailbroken App? I'm not jailbroken.

5. Nope, it's a computer program you can use to transfer files. No Jailbreaking needed.

6. Daplaya

Daplaya Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2015
    Arizona, USA
    Looks interesting!

Apps like this are always extremely interesting to me! I think I'm gonna have to check this one out :)

7. Hi guys, I just finished putting all the clips in order and recording them. The final video is uploading now. You'll be able to find them all at this link: http://www.appunwrapper.com/2015/06/24/her-story-walkthrough-guide/

It's for those who finished the game already and want to see it play out in order without having to do the work yourself. :p Enjoy!

8. Kour

Kour Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2009
    Really liking this. The story is pretty good I think.

9. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Finally got around to firing this one up last night and I love it. At first I was a little on the fence because of how it it started. (I'm trying not to give anything away.) We'll just say there's no hand holding at all, but once you start piecing things together and thinking up keywords, your mind just starts wandering about all the possibilities at what could have happened. I started pretty late into the night last night and had trouble putting it down. It definitely gets a recommendation from me if your into like 48hrs or Dateline or practically anything on the ID Channel. Some are going to say that it's not a "game" at all. I mean, it is and it isnt. It's more of an "experience" I guess for me. Really cool though. I love when developers try new things.

10. I've got a list of games I'm supposed to be playing and writing about and it just keeps growing because I get pulled back into discussing Her Story. Need a support group!

11. netmute

netmute Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2012
    Hey everyone. I just wanted to chime in and say I love this community for embracing games likes this! You are great folks.

I've been to other places on the Internet, where the usual "this is not how I like my games" crowd is already spreading poison. It's a bit depressing to be honest.

So, thanks for being here and doing what you do :)

12. Kaiden

Kaiden New Member

May 10, 2015
    The game has great concept and story, but it's shame there is no convenient way to sort video fragments. If I want to sort videos by date of their recording I have to do it manually, swapping each video with previous one until it takes right place. That gets really annoying when you have near 150 video fragments and have to push new video clip to position no. 10 or something like that.

I wonder, why developers didn't made some sorting tool or at least possibility to put video in specific place in couple of clicks instead of making user to "bubble sort" them.

So I dropped the game when I discover near 2/3 of the videos and went to watch them at AppUnwrapper's website, thanks a lot.

By the way, does anyone knows what yellow block in check DB screen means?

13. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Haha. Thanks! Don't worry though. We get in our moods. Every once in awhile there's a little poison in the forums.

14. To be honest, I didn't even bother sorting any of them until I was down to the last few missing. I didn't even decide that I would organize them until a couple days after I had written my review (and I did it in probably the slowest way possible, too). I think it was designed clumsily on purpose, though. The game is supposed to be played out of order and he didn't want it to be too easy to organize them.

I organized them because I wanted to see what I might have missed if it's played in order. Glad you found it useful, but sorry you didn't continue searching till you found all the clips. I think it's a rewarding experience.

15. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Haha. Same here. There's been a few games I've been hung up on. I have a ton of notes, but haven't done a video in ages. As soon as things slow down and I'm ready to start writing/recording, things like this show up on the AppStore and I lose all focus again. This is one of those games that stick in your head all day. All the sudden your in the drive-thru or at the bank and think, "OH! Maybe it's THIS that happened!"

16. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    My backlog of games is crazy.. Buying this but who knows when I'll actually play

17. #77 AppUnwrapper, Jun 28, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2015
    I've even been trying to convince my non-gaming friends and family to play so I can discuss it with them, not just have online discussions. I can't remember being this obsessed about a game maybe...ever?

I kind of wish I could have played from scratch together with a friend -- it seems like the perfect co-op game.

Edit: Also, what you said -- that's why I can't delete it from my iPhone even though I desperately need the space. I have the completed game on my iPad, but I want to be able to whip it out at any point and check on a certain clip that I think of. Seriously...way too obsessed.

18. Drop everything and play! But first, make sure to clear your schedule. ;)

19. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    Will do sir.. Playing door kickers but I've got to make time for this.. Never played anything like this

20. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    This is the only thing that's dragged me from door kickers....