Universal Her Story (by Sam Barlow)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jun 23, 2015.

1. JollyPostman

JollyPostman Member

Jul 19, 2012
    Not many games out there like this!

If you like it, you'll love Contradiction for the iPad!

2. I actually planned to mention that in my review, but couldn't find the right place for it so left it out. Agree that's a great game, though.

3. NonSoft

NonSoft Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2010
    Enjoyable game, but having finished with a fairly high completion rate I still feel like I'm missing just a few pieces of information to bring everything together. I don't know if I just haven't discovered those bits, I've already seen but forgotten them, or if the ending is just supposed to be somewhat ambiguous.

What about everyone else? Do you feel that the ending was satisfying?

4. I kind of like that it's a bit ambiguous, because that's what has me thinking about it so much. But I am trying now to put all the clips in order to see if it's more straightforward that way, maybe leaves less room for interpretation.

5. thevagrant

thevagrant Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    I don't have all the clips yet, but what I can understand does not leave a lot of room for interpretation.

We need a list of all keywords used successfully to unlock 100% of the clips!

6. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    You can find that list in the Steam forums :)
    And it definitely leaves a lot of room, there are two strong theories out there. And although I'm strongly supporting one of them I'm not completely sure. Both are pretty valid. And if the developer won't say anything, we all might stay in darkness regarding a 100% solution. And I somehow find exactly that intriguing.

7. thevagrant

thevagrant Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Thanks, I'll enter the discussion when I've seen everything then!

8. NonSoft

NonSoft Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2010
    I definitely like the ambiguity. I guess because of the manner in which the story unfolds it is easy to wonder if you missed something, or if reviewing clips will answer all those questions.

In the end I think there are just two equally valid answers, each with its own supporting and contradictory evidence.

Anyway, very enjoyable game and it leaves you with something to think about at the end. ;)

9. Avatre

Avatre Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Which would you recommend the most between Contradiction and Her Story?

10. xodiac

xodiac Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2014
    To be honest when I read the game title I thought this would be some feminist propaganda bullshit game "we always hear about history, what about HER STORY? hurrdurr"

Glad i was wrong, this game looks really cool!

11. Can I say both? They're very different games. This is more of an experience, something that really stays with you after. Contradiction makes you actively play detective and figure out who's lying to progress through the game. I wrote a review for it a few months back. :)

12. gamer300

gamer300 Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2014
    Europe
    Whats the installed size? It looks very interesting but i don't have too much free space left.

13. fearlesskk

fearlesskk Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2014
    I am still really confuse with this game? Is there a way to actually end it or u can only find all the entries? And is Eve and Hannah the same person?

30 mins and im still confuse about what im doing or searching for

14. Annii

Annii Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2013
    I'm deaf so I was wondering if there's a lot of analysis of speech in this game and if so are there any subtitles?

15. fearlesskk

fearlesskk Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2014
    Yes in the settings in game, they should be on by default

16. Avatre

Avatre Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Thanks. I went with contradiction, just because it seems like it might last longer. I'll definitely get this one next time.

17. Btw, for those interested... I seem to have gone insane and decided to put all the clips in order. I already completed 3 interviews and am working on the fourth. It's really just for people who finished the game already.

18. nolegirl

nolegirl Member

Jul 10, 2011
    Does anyone know if the game's progress syncs across multiple devices? If not, will this possibly be added in the future? I play it on my iPad at home, but would like to play it on my iPhone when I'm out and about without starting over.

19. Eoghann

Eoghann Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    IT Guy/Graphic Designer/Gamer
    New York
    I've been thinking about doing that myself, glad someone else went insane before I did. XD

20. No iCloud, but the save file is easy to find/transfer through iExplorer (at least on iOS 8.1).