Helsing's Fire - from Ratloop & Chillingo - This blight needs light.

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by dukope, Jun 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheFamousEccles

TheFamousEccles Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2009
    I'd have thought it would be out by now too.

2. quebecotr

quebecotr Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    Male
    Retired teacher
    Milwaukee, WI
    I've been checking every day, too ! Can't wait to try this one out !

3. dukope

dukope Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    I have no idea why it's taking so long to review. We submitted it a week ago. Apple is a strange bird sometimes.

4. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Fun Joke Answer: They're clearly having so much fun with it that they'd hat to let it out and then have to check out the next "Justin Bieber Roolz!" app. :D

Potential Real Answer: It got lost in the shuffle somewhere. It's sitting unseen in some Apple employee's virtual inbox or, just as scary, it was rejected on some cheesy technicality and they simply forgot to notify you (I know for a fact this has happened to other developers in the past).

The Apple Review process is such a weird mystery. Like just recently they dumped out Trism's Universal App update that, as soon as you fire up on an iPad, clearly is broken (everything just smooshed into the upper lefthand corner of the screen. I mean I can understand if Apple didn't catch that the game gets stuck in an infinite loop once you hit the 22nd level or something, but, c'mon, a very visual 100 reproducible bug from the second you start the app up and they missed it?

5. CommanderData

CommanderData Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Reviews have been taking a solid week or more for most people lately. If you put it in over the holiday weekend not a whole lot was done on July 3rd, 4th, and 5th so those probably won't even count towards the "average wait time". My guess if they find nothing wrong we might see this between now and Monday.

Hope they do review it soon, looking forward to checking out that shadow implementation first-hand, and playing a pretty unique looking puzzle game is the icing on the cake :D