iPad Helsing's Fire (by Clickgamer.com)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Jul 10, 2010.

1. As has been noted, the levels are randomly generated. Try going through it again, either on the same or different difficulty setting. You'll get different puzzles. :)

2. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    1 hour 14 minutes ;)

3. SirDarkened

SirDarkened Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2009
    Ha srsly?
    Where do I live?
    This game worth it? Better than the average puzzler? Should I skip out on the cheezeburger for it?

4. heffdog116

heffdog116 Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    South Florida
    Yes, yes, and eat the cheezeburger while playing it

5. SirDarkened

SirDarkened Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2009
    Ha srsly?
    Where do I live?
    It's not going to give me any complications later on right...? The game, not the cheezeburger.

6. To the first, probably not, depending on what sort of "complications" past puzzle games have given you that have made you a bit nervous; possibly yes to the last, depending on where you get your cheeseburgers. Or maybe just have a nice salad.

But this isn't your average puzzle game. It's not really like any puzzle game, really, which is part of what makes it great. (The other part is that it's different in a way that works, as opposed to being different by wearing a fake moustache and a wig.)

7. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    [​IMG]

8. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    Hmmmm, that dog looks awfully familiar, but he doesn't have mustache, nah, guess it couldn't be him...

9. lacedolphin

lacedolphin Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2009
    Cute pup!! Just picked up the game, pretty fun, hope you add more levels to it!!

10. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    so what? all are not equally good @every game!
    it's about playing the game to play it, to enjoy it... not to be on the top of the scorebored (spelled so intentionally!)

& yes... the pup IS cute

11. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    Can anyone explain to me what you're meant to do in this game? I've seen some trailers and gameplay videos, but I have not a clue on what you're meant to do!

12. kiranb28

kiranb28 Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2010

The 'playing field' consists of a) monsters and b) obstacles.

You touch your finger on-screen to start emitting a light (via a torch). You move your finger (the torch) around the level in such a manner where the obstacles are not casting a shadow upon the monsters you need to kill, after which you touch a button (elixirs) to kill the monsters which are in the light.

This is the basic, basic premises of the game. Later on, monsters get shields, get the ability to turn invisible, shoot projectiles at your torch, and more - adding to the challenge.

Buy it, you won't regret it if you like simple puzzlers.

13. Random_Guy

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    Thanks for the quick description. Is there anything that adds replayability to this game?

14. TotallyImba

TotallyImba Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2010
    United Kingdom
    How do the bosses work in this game? are they all different and get more challenging as the game progresses? or are just just a walkover?

15. Random_Guy

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    From what I've read, there are a total of 90 levels, and they don't become very difficult until around the level 45-50 mark.

16. Zoet

Zoet Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2010
    Newcastle, Australia
    Well, there are 3 difficulty modes, (easy, normal,hard) and the levels are randomly generated each time you start a new game. There is also a timed survival mode in 3 themes and difficulties and crystal integration for achievements and leader-boards. Overall, I think Helsing's Fire has pretty good replayability.

17. dk79

dk79 Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2009
    Considering that the game is quite easy (no more than 20seconds on each level) I'm quite certain that the level I'm on right now is unsolvable. I moved the torch in every which way and I'm always missing one of the highlighted red beasts.
    I'm missing either the top one or the bottom one just by a few milimeters.
    And I must have spent more than 15 minutes trying to place it just right.
    I went to the easy mode to solve that one but I would like to hear if the random generator could create some unsolvable puzzles.

Attached Files:

18. NFG

NFG Member

#158 NFG, Jul 14, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2010
    From my casual and not-at-all stringent observations it doesn't seem the game actually is random. At least, the main game's levels are not randomly generated. The beasts are always in the same place, and the sequence is the same, but the colours are random. Where it might be blue-red-red, the next time you try it might be green-blue-blue or red-green-green. Same order of 'splosions, different colour choices.

As for you, dk79, you've got two reds. The only one you MUST get the first time is the bottom one with two rings. I can't plan ahead well, but with trial and error being my friend, have you considered moving the torch to the right, to the other side of that block? Or even above and to the right of it?

19. EMTKiNG

EMTKiNG Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2010
    EMT
    Los Angeles,CA
    Keep at it Raffton

20. dk79

dk79 Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2009
    I tried every possible combination. No kidding.
    I'm more than certain that this thing is unsolvable just because after I finished the level on easy, I managed to solve on normal mode the 10 levels after that in just a few minutes.