iPad Helsing's Fire (by Clickgamer.com)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Jul 10, 2010.

1. MetaGonzo

MetaGonzo Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    It's totaly playable on a 3G. Slight slowdown at the end of a level with the victory animations.
    It's not like it needs the framerate of an action game anyway.

Take the plunge!

2. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    I've bought so many games where people say it's fine yet in the end I can't enjoy the game because my eyes are somewhat trained. Like, I can tell whether it's 8fps, 12fps, 20fps, 30+fps and so on.

And my eyes often get tired after seeing choppy fps... :(

3. del

del Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2010
    haha. i know what both of you guys are talking about. for me, it was the line about the "strict but fair" treatment. that one made me laugh out loud. and how one of them was always complaining of being tired. even at the end, his thoughts were always on getting some rest. ha.

4. abstractgamefreak

abstractgamefreak Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2009
    Male
    Musician
    Germany
    Did you do it in 'hard ' mode? Congrats. Survival mode should be a breeze for you then ;)

5. Castor Krieg

Castor Krieg Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2009
    Did anyone else got charged approx. 2EUR instead of 0.79EUR? I just bought the game and my CC statement clearly says they deducted close to 2EUR...

6. rspoonts

rspoonts New Member

Jul 12, 2010
    Grim Reaper

I cannot get past the Grim Reaper (second boss). I cannot tell whether it is a problem with my colorblindness or whether I have not figured out what to do with him. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

7. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Shoot, being colorblind could make this nasty as he tends to stay grey most of the time and, while not sure, it would seem some of the times he does take a color he's inside a column (am I just not positioned right at these points?) and is invulnerable until he makes a little foray outside at which point you need to hit him with the potion of his exposed color and then quickly duck around a corner when his shadow tries to envelope the player.

8. More importantly, what kind of colourblind are you?

9. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Pretty sure there's no suitable angle for hitting him when he's inside a column, you've just gotta wait till he leaves while retaining his colour.

10. minorpane

minorpane Well-Known Member

The gameplay is completely different from what I expected (In a good way)

Got lucky this time. I should watch gameplay videos more often...

11. Project-79

Project-79 Well-Known Member

May 26, 2008
    Canada
    Thanks! I didn’t actually realize that there were different difficulties. What’s the difference between them? Is it just how hard the puzzles are?

12. rspoonts

rspoonts New Member

Jul 12, 2010
    That's basically what I have figured out. How many hits does the Grim Reaper take? At least I know that I am on the right track. Thanks for your help!

13. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    I think it's three, four at the most.

14. JanB

JanB Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    What about 2g and FIRST generation Iphones? Thats the one I have! Dont leave US behind! :(

15. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    Works great on my Touch 2G.

16. Khamous

Khamous Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2009
    And on mine, this game is great.

17. wok

wok Member

Jul 27, 2008
    I'm loving this game so far, fantastic art and bite-sized, addictive gameplay :).

I noticed in iTunes that the devs are using multiple screenshots style images and I just wanted to say I think that this does a great disservice to what is one of the nicest looking games on my iphone. I'd easily recommend swapping in single full-size shots to really show off the game to people who may not be familiar with it.

Hooray for innovative games in the app store!

18. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    Please post some then

19. kiranb28

kiranb28 Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2010

I concur; this is one of the most wonderfully charming games i've played recently. Glad I picked this up for 0.99 and would urge anyone who's thinking of buying this, to stop thinking and start spending. The devs deserve to be supported for their efforts in this game.

20. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    #120 MidianGTX, Jul 13, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2010
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]