iPad Helsing's Fire (by Clickgamer.com)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Jul 10, 2010.

1. dukope

dukope Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    Hey everyone, thank you so much for all the positive feedback. As for some of the issues, you've given us a solid list of things for the first update.

- Multiple profiles
    - Better framerate on 3G devices
    - Higher resolution on iPhone4 and iPad

I can't say for sure we'll be able to do all of these, but we'll try.

As a software developer, you want to hit all the bases; support the oldest devices well and utilize the latest technology to it's fullest. But as a tiny indie games developer, it's pretty tough to get the right combination of time and money to sink into a new, unproven concept.

We'll do our best to keep improving it and sanding down the rough spots.

Thanks again for all your support. Totally love you guys.

2. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I wouldn't worry too much about the iPhone 4 owners just yet, us old fashioned types are still the majority :) They should've thought about the low level of retina support before rushing out to buy the latest toy.

3. unbrokenchain33

unbrokenchain33 Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2010
    level editor of this game would be boss

4. kiranb28

kiranb28 Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2010
    Oh man... what a great idea; not only a level editor, but the ability to upload and download custom made creations would add an infinite amount of replayability to this gem of a game.

I hope the devs make this a reality in the future; glad I put my 0.99 down for this and would be even happier if this happened :D

5. djflippy

djflippy Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    I'm running it on an iPhone4 and it looks amazing. You are overstating a problem that barely even qualifies as a problem.

6. djflippy

djflippy Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    You did a great job on the game and made all the right choices, in my opinion. I hope it does well for you, because you deserve it. The game is superb.

7. Egoyan

Egoyan Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Beijing/Montréal
    Alright, I've had time to play around and beat quite a few puzzles now, and I have to add my voice to everyone who's already saying that this game is really good.

Unfortunately, I've crashed quite a few times already while trying to beat some puzzles, and this is the kind of thing that makes me go "Aw, come on" and just put the game down. Luckily, it IS good enough that I'll fire up the game again later anyway, but that kind of bug has killed some games for me in the past when it just keeps happening. The better the game, the more frustrating the crashes are!

I'm sure this'll get fixed soon though and I'll be back to enjoying this really original game. Great job on everything else!

8. camihq

camihq Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    Finland
    It keep sometimes crashing and don't save levels what I already
    played.

9. A level editor might be a bit pointless, since the levels are randomly generated to begin with.

10. jchampl

jchampl Well-Known Member

i've never had a crash running ios4 on an iphone4, great game clickgamer is quickly becoming a powerhouse and ratloop is a dev I'll keep an eye out for!

11. Alyindar

Alyindar Well-Known Member

Very fun game, challenging and charming! I think Raffton appearing on the screen after clearing out some monsters and saying "Ding!" was the defining moment when I really fell for this app.

12. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Great, will pick it up as soon as it runs smoothly on 3G devices.

13. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Those two are some cool cucumbers! :)

14. NDN_Shadow

NDN_Shadow Member

Jul 11, 2010
    #94 NDN_Shadow, Jul 11, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2010
    Game Impressions

Loved the game, a bit short, (Beat campaign in an hour and a half), though well done nonetheless. I'm hoping you could include another endless mode without a time limit. I REALLY hate time limits in games.

15. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    Amen, brotha.

16. Jetjet

Jetjet Well-Known Member

May 14, 2010
    Congratulations Devs ! Your game is addictive, steampunk well old styled, original and very fun !!! It's a steal for this price !

17. QBC

QBC Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2010
    I love this game so much. Very hard, but so addicting.

*SPOILER*

I noticed when you get to the mummies it mentions the two had Egyptian adventures. Could we possibly see more on that in DLC? :D

18. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Sounds like a perfect place to take the adventure for some real Indy action (snakes, scorpions, spiders, nasty pit traps, grave robbers, tomb guardians...heck maybe even Anubis himself!).

19. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Man this game is awesome, the only thing that worries me is that it has to end. The survival mode is a decent consolation but any updates that lengthen the game or boost the replay value would be a dream come true.

20. Project-79

Project-79 Well-Known Member

May 26, 2008
    Canada
    AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I beat the game once in under two hours, so I decided to try and go for the high-score in fastest completion time. I finished in under 45 minutes, but was 4 SECONDS (!!!) off the high-score!