iPad Helsing's Fire (by Clickgamer.com)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Jul 10, 2010.

1. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    Easy game. Casual puzzles ... Get it. Hard core, look somewhere else.

2. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    I am after Puzzles, I just want ones that have GameCenter

3. Omega-F

Omega-F Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    USA WA
    Actually Hellsing's Fire does have challenging puzzles (just change the difficult settings.)

This game was amazing to me. Excellent art-style, polished gameplay, amazing presentation, and better than anything, perfect portable game.

Loved it.

4. cherdman

cherdman Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2010
    Your loss.

Just beat the game on Normal and had a blast. The dialogue is fantastic.

5. dukope

dukope Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    The next update (hopefully out before the end of January) will have a new story campaign, and GameCenter integration.

Or, if you have an iPad, you can pick up the HD version now, which includes GameCenter.

6. songbird

songbird Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2009
    Does the HD version already have the new campaign or will it be getting it in the future? :) I have both but I like the HD one better... :p

7. Omega-F

Aug 20, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    USA WA
    New campaign? So good. It would be nice if you guys added new gameplay mechanics and, of course, more funny dialogue. New monsters wouldn't hurt either. :D

8. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    When will this update be out?

9. saiyukialex

saiyukialex Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Shanghai, China
    The developer says hopefully by the end of Jan.

10. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    Sure did ... But it is still rather easy. Maybe absurd is really challenging, but by now the game feels a bit boring.

11. ipod_david

ipod_david Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    Gamecenter with achievements sounds cool. I write it on the "list" :cool:

12. cherdman

cherdman Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2010
    Fantastic. More dialog please!

13. Qurao

Qurao Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2010
    Denmark
    A new story campaign?! Man, am I glad I didn't just delete and forget about the game after finishing the campaign.

14. dukope

dukope Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    If you haven't discovered it yet (not your fault, the interface is poorly designed), there's already a 2nd story campaign in the current version. Go to "New Game" and hit the right page corner to get to it.

I'll fix this bad UI in the next update when I add the 3rd campaign.

15. Qurao

Qurao Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2010
    Denmark
    #395 Qurao, Dec 31, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2010
    Just shat my pants due to the awesomeness of this. After I've changed my pants, I'll start playing it right away! :D

EDIT: When I go to "New Game" and choose the second story, it warns me that all current progress will be lost, even though I'm at the "Blight Clear" screen from the first campaign. Should I play the second campaign on a new profile, or will I lose nothing from just doing it in my current one?

16. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    My attempt to change the nature of the game...

Hey Guys,

I love the core mechanics and the unique monster abilities!

I don't like that the coins don't seem to have much meaning and that, even though randomly generated, each deally is almost always a case of finding the ONE way to solve the level.

I would love to see some sort of one continuous level Survival game spin-off made from this game and have some vague ideas here.

-First and foremost, you would probably need to have the player given a continuous onscreen presence so that there is something you're defending continuously encroaching baddies. How the player is moved from one location to the next I leave to the masters.

-You'll have an unlimited supply of potions but after you use one there will be a time out delay before you can use that colored potion again. Beasties will be eliminated the same standard ways with hitting a guy with the wrong color adding the color coded shield.

-Baddies will be continuously moving onto the play field (or popping onto it somehow). Initially of only a couple of colored bats and rats, but as time goes on the rest of the crew will move onto the screen slowly working their way toward the player.

-Points will be based on the same system that coins are earned currently so eliminating a huge group in one move will be worth much more than eliminating the same number in many individual moves.

I realize this could be seen as sacrilegious, like making the Perfect Strangers TV show into a musical...but I had to try! :eek:

17. smes3817

smes3817 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Massachusetts, USA
    Sacrilegious??? A broadway show of Perfect Strangers would be amazing! Only if they brought back the original Balki, though ;) I would certainly do the Dance of Joy!

18. dukope

dukope Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    You won't lose anything by starting the new campaign once you've cleared the first. Survival and Bounty progress is stored separately from the campaign, so once you've completed a campaign, you're safe to start a new one in its place.

19. dukope

dukope Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    Hey LordGek, thanks for the ideas. This sounds like a really good way to make the gameplay more action-based, with less rigid solutions. I played around with a few more actiony bits before settling on the current puzzle stuff, but I never tried adding enemies mid-level. That's an interesting idea.

You're right that it would be a bit different than what we have now though. I think we'll wait for the sequel to implement something like this :)

20. Omega-F

Aug 20, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    USA WA
    Any news on when the update will be out? Need to play some more Hellsing's Fire :D